Comcast Employee Reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 13,387 reviews
Only work here if you have NO ambition!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA1 January 2019
Most of the individuals that work at the Xfinity portion of this organization have no idea of how their products even work, and they have been working there 10, 15, some even 20 years. I asked if they ever asked management their questions, and I was told that management told them that they didn't know either. That is totally sad. I came to this organization from Verizon and was treated as Public enemy number one because I did know all of the answers. Avoid this place like the Black Plaque, not unless you have no ambition, don't care about the customer base, have a lack of integrity; well you get the point. Oh yeah, also avoid, if you don't like to get paid. It's like modern-day slavery for the non-educated because you would have to be absolutely dumb or have a partial lobotomy to work for their wages. I make more as a contractor then the on staff employees. Shame on you Xfinity/Parent company, Comcast.
Productive and less hassle
Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region2 October 2018
I must say that going to work is safe because the company provide shuttle service, they allow employees to choose their schedule as long as the employees do their best at work. The management takes care of all the employees and they make sure that everyone is working at their best, they don't do spoon-feeding, the reason why employees chooses to stay, for the company helps not only me as an employee, but also the needs of my family.
Nice place to work
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador23 April 2018
This is a very great place to work. I would highly recommend applying for a job here if looking for a call centre job. The staff are very friendly and fun to be around
Typical call centre
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON21 February 2018
They didn't care about the employees.. just the numbers. Too much drama and not enough clarity within the company. No excitement and never any positive feedback from supervisors.
24/7 round year support
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba16 January 2018
It's actually Convergys, the company. I think they were one of the biggest call center in Winnipeg at the time.

They had a huge number of agents. Our clients were coming from US. Workplace culture was very diversed and fast paced. Everyone try to help someone particularly the newer or younger ones.

Hardest part of the job is the grave yard shift while the most enjoyable part are the people that works with you.
Pros
Free coffee and subsidized in-house resto
Cons
Healthcare and schedule were the challenges
I enjoyed technical support.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 August 2017
I liked working at Comcast, but as an ISP they just were not a great company. There were far too many issues with their services. A year after I left, they also closed down.
Pros
Awesome people.
Cons
travel...
Outside sales rep. Cold calling on homeowners.
Residential Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WA12 March 2017
Very daunting position. Also sales manager was not in favor of working women. The hardest part of the job was meeting customers cold, with no prior introduction. The most enjoyable part was meeting people where the entire neighborhood was being converted and they were getting a better than average price.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
Not in local territory
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 March 2017
This job was fun, i got to help people with their issues which i really enjoyed. Job was also fun as i get to meet and talk to new people daily
Agreable
Agent au Service à la clientèle Transcom (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 May 2016
La succursale a fermée, aucun avantage a donner
car la succursale n'est plus a Montréal
Pros
Aucun
Cons
aucun
The Facts
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
This company has no clue what they are doing and let me explain:
When i was working at the mobile shop, the pay per hour was garbage but commission was made up for it so I give them that. The managers who no clue about phones, they're all confused about payroll, inventory, promotions,etc. The company structure is a complete joke, during managers road show, the presentations are awful and unorganized at times it was awkward to even watch. The VP of sales is IT dude who says he has alot of business experience knows nothing about wireless industries, for example...the vision for this company is attract loblaws shoppers but they have no plans and not even want to expand beyond loblaws. No advertising through radio, TV, or anything they expected both manager and workers to approach people (i&i). Territory managers are all paid the same as inventory primes and all those nifty names to make you feel better but instead you have more work to do with no extra pay other than quarterly bonus "if" company hits targets. The targets alone are unrealistic for a lot of locations and thus you get high rate of people leaving this company because their is no growth beyond being a manager with standard salary.

To make things more worse, even carrier reps don't like to swing by because sales are always down from targets and those that hit targets get nothing but incentives. The district managers are always away from the field. You never hear about them and when you do its through email. Store visits from DM are rare because 80% of the time they are away from work and communicate with you through
  more... email. HR sucks, they done even hire or do anything, basically we have to go out and post ads for hiring and bring people in. At times HR takes about 2 weeks to even process hire at "many" times the candidate has another job offer.

This company has alot to learn as of right now its awful working with very bad pay. We stand on feet all day, kiosks are in very bad locations within loblaws, people at loblaws think we are 3rd party when we are "owned by loblaws". Employee discount at store sucks with only 10% off max but carriers have their own which is 50% off :). When new promo come out IT is very slow at implementing it, signs and posters arrive late and we always seem to lag behind BestBuy Mobile and Wireless Wave. This place will not make you money as a sales man, you will spend your most days standing and tired of talking to people that blow by you as they want groceries not cell phones.

The only thing that great about this company is carrier discounts and commission. Trust me, if you ever decide to manage a store or work as a sales rep, you will realize how the companies structure is a mess. Save yourself the time and talent and work at corporate store, glentel, or bestbuy mobile!
Pros
carrier discount
Cons
almost everything except commission!
Wasn't too bad, schedule wasn't what i was expecting.
Telephone Agent (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS19 September 2013
Management and co-workers were great to work with, and i enjoyed being around them. The hardest part was having customers yelling at you and calling you down because there TV isn't working.I learned that I'm not meant to drive a desk, I'd much rather be moving and working outside.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay
the company had great incentives
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Concord, CA2 April 2012
a typical day at work would be 156-200 calls holding. very busy from the start of my shift to the end. i enjoyed the fast environment. the floor managers were ok. they worked under strongs orders from upper management making the floor managers the bad guy. my co-workers were like family. the hardest part of my job was telling people there services would be disconnected within 24 hours if they dont pay there full balance and they pled with me that they only had half. the most enjoyable part was the customers I talked to. every call was different
Pros
free cable
Cons
the hours