Combined Metal Industries Employee Reviews

review
Material Controller (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 April 2018
No Lunches, safety is not paramount. Profit over work life balance. CEO only cares about profits and treats his upper management like dogs following him around the yard. If your just a labourer its not a bad gig besides the metal poo dust but if you want to be anything higher than a labourer find something else.
Pros
no lunches
Cons
lunch?
Fantastic Company
YARD GRADER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
One of the greatest companies I have ever worked for. They start you off at a comfortable wage, and there is much room for growth in wage and responsibilities. The people there are encouraging and will help you whenever you need it.
Don't Expect the Ordinary at CMI!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2018
Pros
Family culture, incentives to grow and learn, great leadership and no day is like the other!

Cons
Days can be long, not for the faint of heart and days can be challenging but for the right people, it's a great fit.

Advice to Management
Continue to invest in your employees and you'll reap the rewards!
Becareful of snakes
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
If you are a humble individual, by the time you leave CMI you will be an jerk. you will have breathing problems because of poor air quality. Lazy senior co-workers who use you like a slave while they take 10 breaks. Racist/prejudice supervisors who scheme ways to get you fired if they do not like you. Be Very Careful.
Pros
choose your break time, free coffee, cool co-owner
Cons
terrible supervisor's, bad air quality, unorganized staff, brutal work conditions, extremely rude customers, unfair pay(unless you complain)
Great Organization!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Combined Metal Industries is such a fast paced organization and no two days in a week are exactly the same. It's been great that there's such a supportive team and management in place to make this really feel like a family. It sounds like such a cliche to say that but you really do get the sense that you are a part of something much bigger and the impact your role has here!
Pros
Supportive management, team collaboration, opportunities to shine!
Dont work there
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  145 fenmar drive2 November 2017
Dont work here terrible place biggest turnover in all areas of the company. Pay is bad, managers treat u like dirt from under their boot.
take my warning unless u really really really need money even then better off working anywhere but here.they profit all the money and give nothing back to the hard working workers no bonus no christmas partys no nothing and will get rid of u at the drop of a hat even if u did years of service with them
Fun place.
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto12 August 2017
Teams are good. Compsny is fare to us. Its not a lot of fun in winter when its cold but we do get free hot chocolate tea and coffee.

Company us growing and we are busy.

They are putting in a new change roim that's great!

I hope to stay at CMi a long time and maybe be a team lead 1 day
Pros
Free drinks. Pizza lots of snacks. Benifits and pay is good
Cons
Cold in winter outside
Great Company
Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2017
This place is great to work at. The company culture is fantastic and you feel very welcomed. I would definitely recommend working here either part time or full time.
Fast paced
Operator/Aluminum Processor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2017
Fast paced company, lots of experience gained from CMI. It seems the company has its own internal battles it needs to iron out. I can say i grew as a worker and a person working with CMI.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
Bad management
Definately growth
Ferrous Sales & Trader Support Admin (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2017
This company helped me learned what administration is really about. Although the environment wasn't always great, I learned to make the best of it everyday.
Great Company
Marketing & Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
Amazing company to work for. The Management team looks out for you and cares about your long term growth and career. The company culture is work hard, play hard.
Culture, Safety, Teamwork
Provessor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2016
People who work here are so friendly. I started as a trial and they asked me to stay. Glad I am there. Pizza and icecream thank yous as recognition for jobs done well and safe. The new employee plan has people from your house includ d. Even if not in benefits.
Pros
People care . Good hours. Growing company. You can go to other sites
Cons
Cold working outside but warm clothes and gloves. Rainy days suck
Fun job with some pros but lots of cons
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2016
Good job if you wanna die in 10 years of inhaling all different types of metal particles, they give you high hopes but at the end of the day your just an other worker. Ceo is always involved and actually talks to workers in good manner
You are not alowed to accept tips instead goes into managers pockets
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 April 2016
Empty promises by managment to try to keep you there i was there for 8 months not a single raise but a whole lot more responsibilitys
Pros
Good co qorkers
Cons
Bad mnagment
Terrible
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON14 April 2016
Worst place I have ever worked. Poor management, poor workenviroment. Just tell you anything to try and keep you there. Poor safety record as well
Pros
No pros
Great People to Work With
Plant Team Leader (Former Employee) –  toronto, on25 February 2016
Bad management to work for. Overworked, underpaid and under appreciated. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Good company
AZ Driver (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 January 2016
good company to work for, decent hours, good benefits and pay. dispatchers are easy to work with and trucks are well maintained.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
shift end times can be long
It was a party hard and work hard environment !
Accounting and Administrator (Former Employee) –  North York13 February 2013
*The day at work started with smiling and greeting your colleagues and was also rushed with a lot of work for me
*I have gained a lot of time management skills, I have learnt to be detail oriented . The Accounting team was fabulous and working with them has enhanced my teamwork skills .
*Our management was far from traditional, I was able to walk up to them and discuss anything and everything
*The hardest part of the job was very tight timelines and urgent orders and payments. Also the workload at times
*The team and the people at CMI are the most incredible part of CMI !
Pros
free coffee ! bowling events and an amazing christmas party!