Play YouTube video button
Combined Metal Industries

Combined Metal Industries Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Overall great company to work for, great people to work with.
Job tasks was not the best. Alot of small annoying tasks that an apprentice could do. Not challenged. I enjoyed project work/shutdowns only time I got to really apply myself. I worked with a great group of guys in maintenance witch was a plus and company on a whole has a friendly and cheer environment.
A family not a company
When I worked for CMI I learnt so much in such a short time. They really make you feel like family in every way possible. It was the hardest job to leave for me because of the camaraderie I felt from all of those that I worked with. I learnt how to differentiate types of brass, aluminum, steel, carbide, zinc, copper, how to use forklift and bobcat
Great Maintenance team and support
Combined I find it is one of the better-paying companies as a millwright or in the trades compared to other companies. There is lots of work and hours, management are nice and easy to get along with.

The job is not easy but if you can handle the work you are well rewarded. There is lots of job security and I left because I moved away from the city. I do miss working at CMI!
Snakes
Here you go here’s your review your company is unprofessional your managers are a joke you guys promise but don’t deliver and letting people go without an explanation is so unprofessional I feel sorry for the people that you con into hiring don’t work here they will run you into the ground and leave you hanging
The worst company
They don't care about employees saftey nor their health. It is stressful environment. Management is terrible and selfish. They only care about their inner circle and everything one else is thrown in garage
9 December 2019
Thank you for your review. Here at CMI, the safety and well-being of our employees is our #1 priority. We take pride in our people and we aim to equip them with all the tools they need for success. We value our people first and foremost - they are and will remain, our biggest asset! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
Great Family Atmosphere
CMI is a family owned, family run company with a great environment that fosters collaborative initiative among its employees. CMI is a very energetic place to work, which strives to continuously improve its business to be the best in class.
productive work place
good place to work, always busy. lots of amenities nearby and close to public transit. you are able to advance your career and grow within the company.
good
good pay, supervisors and employers are hard working, good place to make money as a customer. challenging at times as you come face to face with customers on a minute basis but over all good
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Combined Metal Industries?
if you plan on keeping your sanity and self respect I don't suggest working here.drivers run for the hills. they bring contractor to cut your hours down if you refuse over weight or unsafe bin.over worked managers making bad decisions then blaming it on bad attitude from the front line employees. and the bonus is based on how they are feeling that day...
Pros
nothing is free
Cons
nothing is free
There ready for the next disposable person
Working for this company is like being a slave they take nice young people and ruin them.teaching new employees that stealing from uninformed people is fine and telling us not to teach the public the difference between grads so they can buy better materials at dirt cheap and rip off the customers the manager's and lead hands or glorified babies and or jerks all wrapped up in a unsafe and extremely unhealthy working environment
Pros
Free coffee .good coworkers
Cons
Management. working environment .pay.
Awful place to work!! Run away!
This is the worst company I have ever worked with. I first started with CMI and I thought it was odd that they were so accommodating to the point it seemed strange. The longer I stayed all the promises began to fall apart and the proverbial curtain opened.
The operation is so disorganized and it's so inefficient I can't understand how they make any profit.

No safety here, no direction, and it reflects so much that the company's employee turnover is so high...poor management is an understatement.

I would recommend you run from this company. I see plenty of posts referring to rapid expansion but the way they operate it's a false bubble that will soon self correct.

I'm sure the management at CMI will be quick to post several positive feedbacks after this post but the pattern is obvious if you read a few of the company's reviews.

Good luck!
Pros
Cons
Horrible work environment, poor safety, even worse management
4 June 2019
We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations! We always aim to deliver a great experience to both employees and customers. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to improve and to ensure that our team members are having a positive experience at CMI.
Growth opportunities
The "manager" that writes such positive reviews with a negative that can be interpreted as a positive and plenty of praises sounds awfully like the same person... perhaps the HR director? Seems a bit desperate that these "manager" reviews appear after negative reviews. They shouldn't resort to these pathetic games to attract people. Treat them fairly and respectfully and there will be no need.
Pros
Growth opportunities
Cons
"Growth opportunities"
11 April 2019
We are sorry to hear that your experience with CMI didn’t reflect our mission and values. We are working hard to get better! We take pride in our wonderful team of people and will continue to recognize their immense contributions.
Hard demanding work.
Ok place to work but the pay is relatively poor. Upper management does a great job of trying to integrate a positive culture but the middle management has totally ruined life at CMI.

Safety procedures need to be improved.
Pros
Usually a good group to work with
Cons
Work on Saturdays.
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback! We are working hard to further develop the leadership skills of our people. We will always aim to ensure that their leadership skills embody CMI’s values and culture.
Great place to work!
CMI was a great place to work if you want to grow. Good atmosphere and great team to learn from. Very family oriented, felt like a small company but growing very rapidly. Incentives were great, good benefits and uniform service was extremely convenient.
Pros
Benefits, Uniform Service, Training, Team Envrionment
Cons
Not a lot of parking space, small meeting rooms, not enough lunch rooms
Fast paced working environment
Lots of opportunity to advance. Lots of hours to work. Great management. False promises about promotions and pay raises are a big problem at this place.
review
No Lunches, safety is not paramount. Profit over work life balance. CEO only cares about profits and treats his upper management like dogs following him around the yard. If your just a labourer its not a bad gig besides the metal poo dust but if you want to be anything higher than a labourer find something else.
Pros
no lunches
Cons
lunch?
Fantastic Company
One of the greatest companies I have ever worked for. They start you off at a comfortable wage, and there is much room for growth in wage and responsibilities. The people there are encouraging and will help you whenever you need it.
Becareful of snakes
If you are a humble individual, by the time you leave CMI you will be an jerk. you will have breathing problems because of poor air quality. Lazy senior co-workers who use you like a slave while they take 10 breaks. Racist/prejudice supervisors who scheme ways to get you fired if they do not like you. Be Very Careful.
Pros
choose your break time, free coffee, cool co-owner
Cons
terrible supervisor's, bad air quality, unorganized staff, brutal work conditions, extremely rude customers, unfair pay(unless you complain)
Great Organization!
Combined Metal Industries is such a fast paced organization and no two days in a week are exactly the same. It's been great that there's such a supportive team and management in place to make this really feel like a family. It sounds like such a cliche to say that but you really do get the sense that you are a part of something much bigger and the impact your role has here!
Pros
Supportive management, team collaboration, opportunities to shine!
Dont work there
Dont work here terrible place biggest turnover in all areas of the company. Pay is bad, managers treat u like dirt from under their boot.
take my warning unless u really really really need money even then better off working anywhere but here.they profit all the money and give nothing back to the hard working workers no bonus no christmas partys no nothing and will get rid of u at the drop of a hat even if u did years of service with them
Fun place.
Teams are good. Compsny is fare to us. Its not a lot of fun in winter when its cold but we do get free hot chocolate tea and coffee.

Company us growing and we are busy.

They are putting in a new change roim that's great!

I hope to stay at CMi a long time and maybe be a team lead 1 day
Pros
Free drinks. Pizza lots of snacks. Benifits and pay is good
Cons
Cold in winter outside
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Metal Industries. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9