Combined Insurance

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Good spot for the right person

I have to be honest. There are offices across the country that I have heard are way different. I know Red Deer is one of the better offices in terms of environment, culture and results, but I have heard other offices in other provinces dont operate the same way. Do your research, and ask to go to a meeting before you start. The job can be tough to start out, as your base salary ends right away, and then it is full commission. Yes the commission is good, but in this world people want more stability. There are some really successful people out of the Red Deer office, but others that aren't. I think the best way to separate the two, is who's willing to put up with more negative stuff. I left here 3 months ago, and it was a great environment, good support (depending who your sales leader is) but I was 45 minutes away from the office, and couldn't afford to keep driving in for meetings all the time. I would suggest that if you are looking at the opportunity in Red Deer, make sure you are local, and go to a meeting to see if its an environment you want to be part of. The commission is great if you work, will pay higher than any salary job, and the products are incredible, so thats not an issue. Just be cautious of which SL you get put under, as some won't go out and field train you. I won't mention names

A day at work

A typical day at work would have been going out in the field and talking to people of all different walks of life and to get these people on an affordable sickness and accident benefits

Route et telephone à cause du covid

J aime mon emploie mais avec le covid plus difficile on peux plus faire de porte à porte voir clients en personne . Cela complique notre travail

Pros

Nous avons des royoté

Cons

Salaire à commission pas securité et fond pension

Expect to drive for hours

You will drive for hours with no guarantee of seeing anyone, and its expected of you. Your day will be 15 hr days with no financial compensation which they dont tell you as that is your training. Referrals is what you salary is based on.

Pros

Commission based when they feel like paying you it, some good people to meet

Cons

You can put into it however much time you want but in training will see no money, don't really understand how regulated the business is I dont think

fun place to work

I was an independent agent who operated successfully purely on a commission basis selling accident and sickness insurance products they called living benefits policies.

Workplace culture

It is all 100% commission based, so you require money in order to make money but the potential to make money is huge if you can get in the right areas. I do not recommend working in the Moncton area.

Great pay and benefits

I enjoyed working for Combined. Lots of travelling ,great benefits and working environment was not bad either. I would recommend working for this company .

Great opportunity to enter the financial industry.

At Combined, you are self employed. It is a 100% commission based job and that requires a lot of work. You get out of it what you put into it. The commission structure is amazing and the office culture is extremely positive and inspiring.

très insécurisant côté salaire

De 9:00 à 21:00 visites des nouveaux et anciens clients. De rencontrer de nouvelles personnes.

Worst Company i have ever worked for

Stay away. 100% commission. All expenses paid by you. Always some reason to claw commissions or not pay a bonus when earned. As a manager you are always training agents and helping them earn an income and giving away sales. I would never work for this company again

Payé selon les efforts

Ce n’est pas fais pour tous, mais si tu veux de l’avancement, que tu es ambitieux et positif c’est l’emploi parfait! Les revenu augmentent d’année en année! Il y a énormément de support comparé ailleurs et les possibilités sont presque infinies!

Great culture and pay structure

If you are looking to get into the insurance industry this is a great choice. Fully paid training, plus my office provides daily ongoing training. The work isn't easy or for everyone but the commission helps to offset that.

Amazing Opportunity one of the best our there!

Products are amazing and unique. Great training program and blueprint process for new agents Great leadership team Massive potential for growth. Impressive Compensation

Pros

Above.

Cons

Requires hard work and some travel

Excellent Team Support

As cliche as it sounds but I was very lucky and am proud to be in a team where everyone was there to support each other like family. New and old agents alike everyone was treated fairly, with so much care, all with the intention to boost your confidence in the company. Knowing that what we are doing was right, and putting the client first, especially in their time of need. The company itself always made changes to improve the quality of representative-client interactions, such as constant trainings, upgrades in the ipad presentations/ App. The benefits paid to CLIENTS is amazing, the products really work and clients are always blown away when the unexpected cheque arrives in the mail that they get to use with whatever purpose they desire. Representatives are paid well too, this company just loves giving money right, left and center. Overall, I am proud to be with this company and I know that I am able to make a difference in peoples lives when they don't expect it.

Pros

Great support system, always have easy to reach incentives and bonuses.

Cons

Commission based, but pay is still great.

Good rah Rah hard work required

Lots of travel, with very little home time with the family if you have wife and kids. Definitely not 9-5 Can pay very well but lots of hard work required but sometimes company call center and client assistance can ruin client relations.

Pros

Make your own hours roughly

Cons

lots of travel, at the mercy of clients availability

Great experience

Great company, excellent if you like sales. Excellent commission per sale. Lots of support from management, and always ongoing training. Amazing incentives!

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

C'est pas fait pour tout le monde(un peu moin de 2 ans)

Superbe équipe et tout, parcontre le salaire n'est jamais stable, il te dise qu'après 1 an tu n'auras plus de soucis financier. Foolish was I. Mes comptes s'empilait et je n'avais pas les moyens de les payer et pourtant je travaillais plus de 50 h semaine en donnant le meilleur de moi meme. Les cancelations ne pardonne pas et les royautées sont qu'un mensonge pour te garder dans leurs griffes. De l'assurance j'en n'ai vendu en t*******, mais jamais j'ai vu mes royautées et en plus lorsque j'ai quitté ils m'ont bien dit que j'allais recevoir 1555$, mais leurs frais d'administrations sont juste inconcevable, j'ai reçu 940$ après 2 ans de loyaux service.

Pros

equipe formidable

Cons

Beaucoup trop pour les nommés

If you like to travel.

I was really good at selling insurance. Sold to people that others couldn't. Just didn't like being away from my family so much. They pay is great if you like to be away.

Pros

great pay

Cons

weeks away from home

doit être un crosseur

si tu es un bon menteur et manipulateur cet emploi en fait pour toi

Pros

travailleur autonome

Cons

salaire a commission

It’s a big waste of time.

This company will hire anyone at all. They con you into believing that your being carefully selected and considered, but your not. They expect you to pay for your own mileage and food and everything else. They call all the money you spend trying to work for them “investments”. A complete waste of time. If a company isn’t interested in hiring you with a base salary and benefits and at least pay for your incidentals then they are not a legitimate place of employment. Key give away was them trying to sell you a job and expected me to pay for everything under the sun including training which I was told that I could use as a “tax right off”.

Pros

Cons

Not a legitimate employer. Untrustworthy and extremely misleading.

Wasnt for me

This company is great for many people, but i hate commision work so it did not work for me. Working on my own time was great but i have a hard time with no salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement