Combined Insurance
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Combined Insurance Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Good spot for the right person

I have to be honest. There are offices across the country that I have heard are way different. I know Red Deer is one of the better offices in terms of environment, culture and results, but I have heard other offices in other provinces dont operate the same way. Do your research, and ask to go to a meeting before you start. The job can be tough to start out, as your base salary ends right away, and then it is full commission. Yes the commission is good, but in this world people want more stability. There are some really successful people out of the Red Deer office, but others that aren't. I think the best way to separate the two, is who's willing to put up with more negative stuff. I left here 3 months ago, and it was a great environment, good support (depending who your sales leader is) but I was 45 minutes away from the office, and couldn't afford to keep driving in for meetings all the time. I would suggest that if you are looking at the opportunity in Red Deer, make sure you are local, and go to a meeting to see if its an environment you want to be part of. The commission is great if you work, will pay higher than any salary job, and the products are incredible, so thats not an issue. Just be cautious of which SL you get put under, as some won't go out and field train you. I won't mention names

If you can ignore the cult-like nature of the organization and focus on doing things your own way, you might be okay.

Combined insists on using outdated approaches to sales which do not work.The meetings are absolutely useless if your IQ is over 80 points. Although they pressured me relentlessly to attend every one of them, thankfully, they weren't mandatory. If you follow their system of selling, you WILL fail. It's like 1956 meets 2021.The upside is that if you ignore everything that they tell you to do, and you are extremely motivated to do things your own way, you just might be able to make a living at it.But it's a long shot, and it takes YEARS to accomplish.

Pros

A professional setting.

Cons

This professional setting is culty corporate cringe. No safety net, 100% commission.

Job Review

Great opportunity for growth and knowledge. A company with almost a hundred years of experience in protecting families from unexpected accidents and sickness.

Great experience!

I had never worked in Insurance before this experience. It was a great step out of my comfort zone. I enjoyed it there, but it wasn't the job for me. The people were always so nice. It was difficult at times, as it was a door-to-door business.

positive trainers

It is an amazing organization that allows you to grow and educates you on the importance of looking ahead for unforeseen events like sickness accidents and death.

Poor management and misled

I was told i was hired and to quit my present job.. they would send me for training.. went to training and i got little support from the company in my town. They are out to make money off you and lie. Worst company ever.. Deceiving amd you have to do door to door to make money. Harassing people. Ive been off not working now for 5 months and unable to find a job.. thanks c9mb8ned.. thks for the support

Huge Struggle- Stay Away

I felt really deceived about what this job was all about. It is not a real job. Manager was a big goof just looking to make money off you, a total jerk.. New agents are pushed out quite fast. Sales Leaders do not provide any support after first week, you are on your own to sink or swim. You get few client cards but they go through them and select any good prospects for themselves. You are actually competing with your own Sales Leader for the same leads and for sales. This company does not pay their claims. You deal with angry clients. And nobody really cares.

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

Commission sales prepare to starve

Excellent Team Support

As cliche as it sounds but I was very lucky and am proud to be in a team where everyone was there to support each other like family. New and old agents alike everyone was treated fairly, with so much care, all with the intention to boost your confidence in the company. Knowing that what we are doing was right, and putting the client first, especially in their time of need. The company itself always made changes to improve the quality of representative-client interactions, such as constant trainings, upgrades in the ipad presentations/ App. The benefits paid to CLIENTS is amazing, the products really work and clients are always blown away when the unexpected cheque arrives in the mail that they get to use with whatever purpose they desire. Representatives are paid well too, this company just loves giving money right, left and center. Overall, I am proud to be with this company and I know that I am able to make a difference in peoples lives when they don't expect it.

Pros

Great support system, always have easy to reach incentives and bonuses.

Cons

Commission based, but pay is still great.

Great experience

Great company, excellent if you like sales. Excellent commission per sale. Lots of support from management, and always ongoing training. Amazing incentives!

Pros

Flexible schedule

If you like to travel.

I was really good at selling insurance. Sold to people that others couldn't. Just didn't like being away from my family so much. They pay is great if you like to be away.

Pros

great pay

Cons

weeks away from home

Sold accident and sickness insurance policies and renewed them.

I drove all over southern Alberta selling insurance policies and renewing policies. Our job also was to work as liaison between company and customer to make certain all documents were filled out correctly for customers to receive insurance money for accident or sickness. I learned more public relation skills.

Pros

I learned more public relation skills

Cons

We had to use our own vehicles for the job

It’s a big waste of time.

This company will hire anyone at all. They con you into believing that your being carefully selected and considered, but your not. They expect you to pay for your own mileage and food and everything else. They call all the money you spend trying to work for them “investments”. A complete waste of time. If a company isn’t interested in hiring you with a base salary and benefits and at least pay for your incidentals then they are not a legitimate place of employment. Key give away was them trying to sell you a job and expected me to pay for everything under the sun including training which I was told that I could use as a “tax right off”.

Pros

Cons

Not a legitimate employer. Untrustworthy and extremely misleading.

Wasnt for me

This company is great for many people, but i hate commision work so it did not work for me. Working on my own time was great but i have a hard time with no salary

commission sales

had t o go door to door to sell disability insurances went t to business to business selling insurance manage to build a clientele from referral manage your own time ( independent contracted )

Commission only...not for everyone

Commission only. Great products but average sales organization and structure. All your new leads are expected from your family/friends, existing network or cold calling.

Pros

flexible hours, good products, good commission

Cons

self employed contractor, no benefits, salary, wage, 100% commission

Official response from Combined Insurance

19 March 2018
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. As you listed in your "pros", agents at Combined enjoy the ability to manage their own calendars, setting up appointments with customers at times that are convenient for both the customers and the agents. Our agents have the ability to make a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales. Thanks again, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

I believe combined insurance is a great company that can field great information.

Easy advancement Travel Self employed Great commission The job its self is a excellent opportunity, however if timed in the wrong period of time in your life the opportunity will be wasted. The commission only base is hard for some not yet ready to engage in sales outside their comfort zone. once someone is comfortable In the speaking Side of the job then it is awesome opportunity. being honest is key because if you are not ready financially and mentally to enter a dry period without pay, you will not be able to wait for the high pay out.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Hard to get pay

Amazing company!

I needed a flexible job to help take care of my children. It wasn't easy at the beginning but I kept at it and by the end of the first year I earned almost 60K. Which was 20K more than my previous job and I worked less hours. In my second year I'm on track to earn close to 80K. I have had so much fun working here and can't imagine doing anything else.

Pros

Culture, hours worked and pay

Enjoy what I do

A typical day would include outside sales and networking to sell accident and sickness insurance. I have learned how to get out of my comfort zone. The management team for this Company is very supportive. Hardest part of the job is staying motivated and focused. The work life/balance is the most enjoyable part of the job. I have the freedom to make my own hours and spend time with my family when required.

Pros

Self employed, make own owers

Cons

Commission pay, no benefits

Hard work pays off

It is a great job for individuals who are willing to go out there and get the job done. Definetly not for someone who does not want to get uncomfortable.

Excellent Opportunity

A lot of stress, not really the best amount of work-life balance. People are nice, supportive people just trying to make a living. If you want a true performance based job, this is the one for you.

Pros

performance based

Cons

long hours, pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement