Combined Insurance

Combined Insurance Pay & benefits reviews: Insurance Agent

Clear
3.0Pay & benefits

fun place to work

I was an independent agent who operated successfully purely on a commission basis selling accident and sickness insurance products they called living benefits policies.

Great pay and benefits

I enjoyed working for Combined. Lots of travelling ,great benefits and working environment was not bad either. I would recommend working for this company .

Great opportunity to enter the financial industry.

At Combined, you are self employed. It is a 100% commission based job and that requires a lot of work. You get out of it what you put into it. The commission structure is amazing and the office culture is extremely positive and inspiring.

Great culture and pay structure

If you are looking to get into the insurance industry this is a great choice. Fully paid training, plus my office provides daily ongoing training. The work isn't easy or for everyone but the commission helps to offset that.

Tough job

If you wanna work non 8-17 job and get challenged, here you go. Drive 1000km per week, knock on the doors and try to sell insurance. No salary, only commission.

Not worth it

I went into this with high hopes, and was really let down. Commission pay only which is great if you have consistent sales, but consistent sales are rare. They get you hyped up and excited with promises of high commissions and awesome bonuses but the reality is once you leave school don't expect much. As a customer (my family purchased policies for ourselves) I am beyond angry. Our payment date for our policies is the 20th of each month but so far over the last week they have tried to charge my account 4 times! Resulting in 4 NSF charges from my bank. Overall just a terrible company not worth your time.

Pros

Cons

Lack of pay, low commission rate

Great compensation, lots of travel.

It's a great place to get your feet wet in the insurance industry. Long days and lots of travel.....but the compensation is great.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Long Hours

Hard Work

Very long hours with not so great management. coworkers were the best part of the job. along with meeting new clients. hardest part of the job was always finding new client on either an hourly or daily basis.

Pros

good pay

Cons

Long hours, management.

great company

have to have a certain amount of sales each week to stay active too many people had bad things to say as to them not paying for any benefits too much to remember no pay unless you sold

Pros

great commissions if you sold

Cons

too long of hours and traveling with no compansation

workplace on the road, mostly alone.

typical day at work starts around 10 am and ends between 8 - 10 pm I learned a lot about the health and Insurance System in Canada as well how to focus about the needs and analysis the management is motivative meet my co-workers only at meetings, but phone contact if needed. the hardest part of the job is driving the whole day and finding clients at home. I mostly enjoy when I am able to help people to get benefits in case of an emergency, when it is most needed.

Cons

long hours, huge milage, only commission

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement