Combined Insurance

• Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness

good people trying to do good things

due to covid, we are reduced to calling clients onlythe company gives plenty of leadsthe warm market must be vetted by a district leader (they don't just go for your family and friendsrelaxed recruiting

fun place to work

I was an independent agent who operated successfully purely on a commission basis selling accident and sickness insurance products they called living benefits policies.

It’s a fun culture but challenging in that there is a lot of cold calling

You get out of it what you put into it. Is a good career if you are willing to talk to people and have fun. Training is excellent – it is three weeks in Toronto. Your first week in the field, an experienced agent goes out with you and supports you in the selling process. Agents utilize the five point marketing system. Calling on existing customers, the T system, direct marketing, business to business as well as warm market calls.

Great pay and benefits

I enjoyed working for Combined. Lots of travelling ,great benefits and working environment was not bad either. I would recommend working for this company .

Not the best place in the world to work

A lot of smoke and mirrors. What I liked about it was there was a lot of mindset training. I felt like in order to make it you had to lie or walk over people and then when you finally got to the top a big gust of reality hit you right back to the bottom. If you need a break when joining the industry combined is good in terms of the fees associated with starting your business. Chargebacks can be an issue

Great opportunity to enter the financial industry.

At Combined, you are self employed. It is a 100% commission based job and that requires a lot of work. You get out of it what you put into it. The commission structure is amazing and the office culture is extremely positive and inspiring.

Great culture and pay structure

If you are looking to get into the insurance industry this is a great choice. Fully paid training, plus my office provides daily ongoing training. The work isn't easy or for everyone but the commission helps to offset that.

Combined Takes Advantage of Those Struggling Most

There is absolutely NOTHING good I can say about working for Combined Insurance. I was and still am a struggling college student and they painted a masterpiece of what this job would do for me in my mind. They told me about free trips, the awesome commission percentages, prizes, exciting team meetings and more. My sales leader said I could make 80,000 or 100,000 a year if I wanted to. He said I would be able to pay for my tuition with the cash in my checking account. Except now, I've been let go from the company after being 'inactive' for 8 consecutive weeks and now apparently owe them over $4000. After enduring an intensive three week insurance course and receiving my A&S licence, I was never contacted ONCE by my regional manager or district manager. Not a single welcome or a congratulations. Nothing. I was then left in the dark with NO GUIDANCE to go door-to-door to try and sell these products. Mind you, I am in college full time and I was working my butt off trying to sell these policies (no matter how many hours you put in.. if you don't make a sale, you do not get paid). When you complete your schooling, your sales leader is supposed to provide you with a package and help with lead cards, sales tactics and workbooks. This did not happen at all. I was totally left in the dark. Every-time I tried to reach out to my sales leader for help, he would never get back to me As an act of my teams laziness towards helping me, I am now being told that I owe this company over $4000. That is a semester of tuition for me. I am already in a ton of student debt and this companies -

Cons

No matter how much time you put into canvassing, if you don't make a sale, you don't get paid. Lazy leaders who are unwilling to help.

stressful and disorganized

only for people who are very self motivated and willing to deal with a lot of upset rude potential clients. You have to go out and find your clients through a variety of methods such as door knocking and cold calling.

Not for me.

It is a company that you self employ yourself with. It is door to door and the pressure sucks Managers don't really care about their team All in all, I found it utterly anxiety ridden within myself to even go up to doors after a while and it is extremely easy to get depressed with this job.

Pros

Do offer to send you to training, compensate you for it, good product

Cons

Long trips away from home, people hate door to door salesmen, seems like all they care about is money.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Combined Insurance?

Great company

Great company with a lot of potential for growth. The only limitations are the ones you place on yourself. The policies are so good they pretty much sell themselves

Tough job

If you wanna work non 8-17 job and get challenged, here you go. Drive 1000km per week, knock on the doors and try to sell insurance. No salary, only commission.

Commission

You have to be a sale person in this role because your income is fully commission. I became part of the company because I loved the products they sold so it was more of a provide value job for me but eventually it became a sales job for me and I didn't fee the product suited everyone so the target market wasn't as easy to find. However, that is just me and I do believe they have amazing cover but as a job for me it didn't have a big future.

Pros

Flex

summary

you make your own hours, clients are very nice you make it what you want it to be you are your own boss Co-workers are very nice everyone is like family

Pros

you make your own hours

Cons

have to save for tax season

Not worth it

I went into this with high hopes, and was really let down. Commission pay only which is great if you have consistent sales, but consistent sales are rare. They get you hyped up and excited with promises of high commissions and awesome bonuses but the reality is once you leave school don't expect much. As a customer (my family purchased policies for ourselves) I am beyond angry. Our payment date for our policies is the 20th of each month but so far over the last week they have tried to charge my account 4 times! Resulting in 4 NSF charges from my bank. Overall just a terrible company not worth your time.

Pros

Cons

Lack of pay, low commission rate

You get what you give.

As this is your own small business. while it is part of a larger corporation, you will only get out of it what you put in. The more positive you are and the more hours you are willing to work the more you will make. There are current clients to visit and they will suggest ways of finding new clients as well.

Pros

Make your own hours.

Cons

Lots of driving.

Fun Place to work

Enjoy meeting new people and helping them with their problems. The hardest part of my job however was to bascilly convince people that your product was needed and going door to door to do that.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

Long hours, trying to convince people to use your product.

Productive and fun place...

Excellent Company with great leadership and training courses...Honesty and Integrity is the key to keep you working with them. Amazing VP. Ray Young and a great Leadership.I have a great experience with Combined Insurance. I am Achiever...

Absolute worst company ever

nothing but lies right from the ads they put online. They will tell you most people make over 40k their 1st year when in reality vast majority make less than 20k in their 1st year. They will tell you you rarely have to travel and most of your territory will be within 45 mins of home. Nope They will expect you to be away from home at the least 1 week a month but usually more than 2 weeks a month. Everything while you are on the road is paid by you. When you are home your territory is usually at least an hour from home and you are expected to work until at least 9pm everynight. Your sales leaders and district leaders will "check in" to make sure you didnt leave the field early. You are required to attend meetings twice a week where they check on how you are doing so far that week. These are not paid and you will get complained at if you book a client to meet with during this time instead of attending the meetings. If your numbers arent where they expect them they will demean your work ethic and tell you how if you dont step up you are going to have to go back to a min wage job and work hourly like thats the worst thing ever. The Truro office is constant drama and run by a man with very little respect for others. They are always drinking together and expect that when you are on the road you will get very little sleep as this is party time. The company finds any reason possible not to pay employees. when you finally realize how awful it is and leave make sure you tell them this after you get your last commission check otherwise they will hold it in your operating account, -

Pros

great parties, awesome cult atmosphere

Cons

long hours, poor pay, very shady

N/a

The job was like any other multi leveling marketing company, however they hid the MLM style behind their insurance. It was a great place to learn and many friendly people but it was a very tough career to pursue.

a career with many oppertunities

I thought that the training provided was top notch. Combined Insurance really does care about product knowledge. I learned a lot from this company-and it is with that knowledge that I built the foundation of my current career. There is not a lot of office support for employees. you are basically on your own once certified. So you have to be a very hardworking, determined individual to thrive in this atmosphere.

Pros

unlimited income potential

Cons

commission based

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement