Combined Insurance
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Combined Insurance Employee Reviews for Agent

Training was unsatisfying

You are suppose to get one full week of infield training. I only got three days, made me realize that I was unfit for a commission job though. If you have experience with commission jobs with little to no training then this would be a good job for you.

Great place to grow and earn if you have ambition and a desire to succeed

Combined Insurance has great products, large client base to work from and strong leadership.It's truly a position for those who have a strong desire to succeed and are determined to do so. Lots to offer, visit with your local leadership team to learn more

Pros

Commission - Not trading your time for Money, helping people, creating your own schedule

Cons

Some late nights - Some travel - People do say no

You can set your own schedule. Training is top notch

CI provides an excellent training schedule and provides adequate follow up. The incentives are very enticing and within reach if you are dedicated and determined. You can set your own schedule and goals. Management is understanding and approachable for any concern/s you may encounter .I would recommend Combined Insurance to anybody.

Pros

Excellent goal incentives

Cons

You are your company

Amazing Opportunity is you take the chance!!

Combined insurance is an amazing opportunity for people who want to be self employed and make their own hours. You will never find a job in NS that will pay as much as Combined Does... it’s seriously the best job and I know a lot of people that love their careers with Combined. You will not regret taking a chance!!!

Pros

Self employed, make your own hours, no “boss”, amazing paycheck, amazing team to be a part of

Cons

You need to be self motivated. If you are not, this is not the job for you. You also may have to travel a little bit but to some that’s awesome!!

Watch out it's not what it's made out to be

Multi-level marketing in disguise. Very high turnover. Support for first week. But then after you are just tossed to the curb, to go fend for yourself. Commission sales very difficult. Expenses are high. You can easily make no money and it's hard to make a living. There are a lot of false promises. You get sucked in and then find out what it's really like. They don't care because they continue to pump people in and out. Put lots of pressure on you so they can make money. Nobody is allowed to say anything or you are pegged a complainer. It's managements way to cover up what they don't want to hear. Agents are expected to find all your own leads. There is not the support that you are lead to believe you will get when you start. They tell you a bunch of lies to make you want to work there and then big surprise. There are many things that don't jive after that. Lots of games, red tape and politics. Managers pick their favourites and basically choose a few people they want to support whose pockets they want to see the money go to. Politics are thick.

Pros

you have flexible hours

Cons

100% commission sales, Very tough

Do not work here

When recruited they tell you that you get paid training. Free hotel accommodations. You pay for your meals and gas. The training allowance you find out once you get in that you don't qualify. You don't know any of the reasons until you are in there. The last day of training you sign a invoice for 5000.00. You hear nothing about this before hand. If you don't make 5000.00 in apv in 6 months or if you quit. The company will come back to you for 5000.00. Also if you quit your sales leader and your district leader get charged a charge back. They will come after you for that too. They take 20 percent of every pay and put it into a separate account to cover charge backs. They also take 12.00 a month for your business cards and applications and brochure. So nothing is actually free. The management and senior management were the most unprofessional people I ever met. They have no compassion for people. If you want professional and corporate this is not the place for you

Pros

Cons

Late hours, unprofessional management

Amazing life changing opportunity

A typical day at work is going out for your favourite morning drink and going about talking to everyone about anything and changing the mood for someone for the day. You also have the opportunity to help prevent any future accidents or sickness that may take them away from work and cause an interruption for the ability to pay and collect.

Pros

Constant rewards and lots of support

Very rewarding and management is easily accessible for assistance.

I love working in Insurance, it is very rewarding. Great people to work with and your are challenged to do better. There are trips and travelling involved , if your are an organized, personable, like people you will succeed.

Pros

The harder you work, the more money you make.

Cons

Can be time consuming and have to chase customers.

Avoid it !

Very bad income structure. You literally have to be 'THAT' insurance agent that people try to run away from. Work hours are totally up to you, but if you don't perform up their level of expectations, they will have a talk with you. I was selling insurance, but not enough to make it even worth my gas money. So, if I have to recommend this company to anybody, as far as being in sales, that is a BIG 'No'. But, if you are going to work in their main office in Markham or other places, that should work out fine. Management is just a word they use to lure people with or without education to work for them. I have my Bachelors and Masters in Business and they still wanted me to be in sales, and then form my own team to advance. So, if you have a family to feed, avoid this company as far as being in sales goes.

Pros

A lot of sightseeing on the country roads driving to your clients to collect their yearly premiums !

Cons

Long hours, Extremely poor pay.

They encourage a positive mental attitude outlook on life.

They encourage a positive mental attitude outlook on life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement