Combined Insurance Employee Reviews

Great company
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2018
Great company with a lot of potential for growth. The only limitations are the ones you place on yourself. The policies are so good they pretty much sell themselves
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2018
An intangible learning experience
Corporate Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON11 June 2018
The role provided a wealth of information and the relationships forged will last for ever.

The various business units created a synergy that allowed for growth and uniformed completion of responsibilities.
Très gratifiant
Leaders District (Current Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC Granby Magog22 May 2018
Opportunité de carrière incroyable pour ceux qui veulent réussir.

Entrepreneurs indépendants avec des possibilités immenses pour ceux qui croient en eux. Un encadrement idéal pour réaliser et concevoir vos rêves.
Pros
Revenu
Cons
Faut travailler lol
Team work Very good opportunity for the right person
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC18 May 2018
Combined is an amazing company not for everyone
It’s about you and your drive towards great accomplishment
A self employed environment
Build your own agency if you want to
Three level of compensation
Great compensation program
Pros
Great team Great products easy to sell Great demand for the insurance products
Cons
Self employed Need discipline
Super compagnie!!
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Laurentides, QC18 May 2018
Le personnel est bien encadré et l'avancement est rapide.
Environnement, accompagnement propice à une bonne progression de carrière
Représentante en assurances maladie et accidents. (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 May 2018
Bonne appréciation globale. Reconnaissance des compétences.
Pros
Flexibilité dans les horaires de travail.
Cons
Les journées sur la route, peuvent être infinissables
Liberté et opportunité
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC7 May 2018
Offre une liberté absolue sur les méthodes de travail et sur les horraires de travail en plus d'offrir l'opportunité de toucher des revenus passif.
Pros
Concours
Tough job
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 May 2018
If you wanna work non 8-17 job and get challenged, here you go. Drive 1000km per week, knock on the doors and try to sell insurance. No salary, only commission.
Super
Leader district (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC4 May 2018
Avancement au merite, pas d anciennete
Royaute...
Esprit d equipe
Formation complete
Etc.....
Pros
Potentiel de revenu illimite
Cons
Aucun
Combined
Leader district (Current Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC4 May 2018
La philosophie de la compagnie est axé sur les attitudes
commission sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON6 April 2018
had t o go door to door to sell disability insurances
went t to business to business selling insurance
manage to build a clientele from referral
manage your own time ( independent contracted )
Great Work Atmosphere
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
Everyone was an absolute family. Everyone was extremely friendly and we took care of eachother, helped eachother, practiced with eachother whenever someone needed help.
Pros
team work.
Cons
management
Commission
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB25 March 2018
You have to be a sale person in this role because your income is fully commission. I became part of the company because I loved the products they sold so it was more of a provide value job for me but eventually it became a sales job for me and I didn't fee the product suited everyone so the target market wasn't as easy to find. However, that is just me and I do believe they have amazing cover but as a job for me it didn't have a big future.
Pros
Flex
summary
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Truro, NS22 March 2018
you make your own hours,
clients are very nice
you make it what you want it to be
you are your own boss
Co-workers are very nice
everyone is like family
Pros
you make your own hours
Cons
have to save for tax season
Commission only...not for everyone
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
Commission only. Great products but average sales organization and structure. All your new leads are expected from your family/friends, existing network or cold calling.
Pros
flexible hours, good products, good commission
Cons
self employed contractor, no benefits, salary, wage, 100% commission
Official response from Combined Insurance
19 March 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. As you listed in your "pros", agents at Combined enjoy the ability to manage their own calendars, setting up appointments with customers at times that are convenient for both the customers and the agents. Our agents have the ability to make a virtually unlimited income based on the volume of their sales. Thanks again, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

Good Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 March 2018
I found it great for the first week I was highly motivated than came the downturn. My Sales Leader wasn't putting in the effort to train me I was fed to the wolves after the first week basically. You're a pretty much door to door salesman and nobody trusts insurance agents to begin with I didn't feel like it was a career at all. Near the end I was told I needed to purchase an Ipad which didn't go very well because I refuse to support any Apple products whatsoever hmm I bet someone in the company was getting a nice kickback on that one? It was very strange because at first the atmosphere was awesome but than it changed for some reason. I never once felt like I was my own boss You are required to be there pretty much every morning unless you had an appointment I was falling down the hill rapidly with nobody to talk to so I had to go get another job to make ends meet which is why I'm not there anymore because I had a 2nd job which made me miss morning meetings and the fact they forced me to go out and buy something I refused to buy an Ipad.
Pros
Excellent commissions rates, Payed school, Agent account
Cons
Not your own boss, Doesn't feel like a true career, Ipad exclusive app, ridiculous policy write ups especially for disability
American comapny, American rules
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 February 2018
They very much follow the American way of doing things. This is how it's done, do it. Don't question us, we know best. Too focused on the sales agents, to the detriment of head office staff. Head office staff are underpaid and the best ones leave to go elsewhere. What you are left with is "yes-men" and people that are willing to work for a lower salary. Combined Insurance is a stepping stone to a career in insurance. High staff turnaround leaves little experience left to run the business. Management is aware of this, but refuses to fix it. Low salaries for head office staff remain and sales agents get all the perks. It's all about quantity, not quality, at head office. Managers are either too rigid and have to tow the company line or too new to understand what they're getting into. Trying to move the company up-market with high value products, but sold through agents who don't understand the concept due to training issues that never get fixed. Company sets un-realistic targets then suffers when they aren't met, which eventually filters down to the employees thru low salaries and very tough expectations with little to no incentive to meet them. Company is run more and more like the American head office is, to the point of being unable to explain to them why things won't work here. Very rigid, American style of management (not unlike the current man in the White House), they just don't get why it doesn't work.It has to work as it works great in the USA... So long as you can do what they say without thinking about it, this is the place to work. Get the work done and watch the agents  more... get all the good stuff, but don't complain our you'll get black balled.  less
Pros
Work was easy, but high volumes and very repetitive.
Cons
Low payscale attracts low quality people, Uncaring management who can't fix problems now matter how many times you complain, very frustrated and tired home office staff.
Very secure
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 February 2018
Working here was very comfortable, there were some days more challenging than others with how much to do, but you never felt overwhelmed. Everyone was friendly and accommodating, and it is also a very secure place of work.
Great Place to work
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 February 2018
Great training and assistants to help you be successful. Amazing Products.
You learn how to sale, how to help people with claims and service existing clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.