Combined Insurance Employee Reviews

Good rah Rah hard work required
Combined Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Manitoba22 January 2019
Lots of travel, with very little home time with the family if you have wife and kids. Definitely not 9-5
Can pay very well but lots of hard work required but sometimes company call center and client assistance can ruin client relations.
Pros
Make your own hours roughly
Cons
lots of travel, at the mercy of clients availability
Great experience
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 January 2019
Great company, excellent if you like sales. Excellent commission per sale. Lots of support from management, and always ongoing training. Amazing incentives!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Great people to work with
Independent Salesman (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 January 2019
They were great to work for. They supplied all tools for the job and excellent training. Got to meet a lot of new and exciting people. Had excellent incentive programs.
C'est pas fait pour tout le monde(un peu moin de 2 ans)
Representative (Former Employee) –  québec city12 December 2018
Superbe équipe et tout,
parcontre le salaire n'est jamais stable, il te dise qu'après 1 an tu n'auras plus de soucis financier.
Foolish was I.
Mes comptes s'empilait et je n'avais pas les moyens de les payer et pourtant je travaillais plus de 50 h semaine en donnant le meilleur de moi meme.

Les cancelations ne pardonne pas et les royautées sont qu'un mensonge pour te garder dans leurs griffes.

De l'assurance j'en n'ai vendu en t*******, mais jamais j'ai vu mes royautées et en plus lorsque j'ai quitté ils m'ont bien dit que j'allais recevoir 1555$, mais leurs frais d'administrations sont juste inconcevable, j'ai reçu 940$ après 2 ans de loyaux service.
Pros
equipe formidable
Cons
Beaucoup trop pour les nommés
If you like to travel.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South Shore, NS7 November 2018
I was really good at selling insurance. Sold to people that others couldn't. Just didn't like being away from my family so much. They pay is great if you like to be away.
Pros
great pay
Cons
weeks away from home
doit être un crosseur
Représentant Chez Combined (Former Employee) –  Québec Province5 November 2018
si tu es un bon menteur et manipulateur cet emploi en fait pour toi
Pros
travailleur autonome
Cons
salaire a commission
Not for me.
Self-employed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge27 October 2018
It is a company that you self employ yourself with.
It is door to door and the pressure sucks
Managers don't really care about their team

All in all,
I found it utterly anxiety ridden within myself to even go up to doors after a while and it is extremely easy to get depressed with this job.
Pros
Do offer to send you to training, compensate you for it, good product
Cons
Long trips away from home, people hate door to door salesmen, seems like all they care about is money.
Beaucoup d'opportunités
Représentant des ventes (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 October 2018
Compagnie offrant le soutien nécessaire à votre réussite
Pros
Soutien et encadrement
Travail très dur, uniquement de la sollicitation de porte à porte
conseiller en assurance personelle (Former Employee) –  Charlevoix15 October 2018
Le gérant te donnais une rue à faire et il fallait aller sonner à toutes les portes sans exception.
Bad work experience
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 October 2018
Do not be fooled. This company is going through some changes, and therefore experiencing a high turnover. In some departments, people keep leaving; the person you talk to today, may no longer be there tomorrow. I worked there, did not like it. My job title was completely different from my responsibilities. So my advice - If you have a job that you like, please do not leave it for Combined Insurance because you will regret it. If you don't have a job and need an income, then apply cause you have nothing to lose
Pros
good benefts
Cons
high turnover in some departments
Sold accident and sickness insurance policies and renewed them.
Sales Representative (Accident & Sickness) (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 October 2018
I drove all over southern Alberta selling insurance policies and renewing policies. Our job also was to work as liaison between company and customer to make certain all documents were filled out correctly for customers to receive insurance money for accident or sickness.
I learned more public relation skills.
Pros
I learned more public relation skills
Cons
We had to use our own vehicles for the job
Always busy
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 October 2018
Combined Insurance is a great place to work. Everyday is something different a new adventure. I have learned so much due to the fact that I was so confused and ignorant to insurance needs before this career choice came about. I moved up very quickly from a sales rep to a sales leader and very much enjoy training new people starting their career. The hardest part was being a sales rep and being on commission only you have to learn how to budget and track your sales to be truly successful and always have a paycheck coming in. The most enjoyable part is the daily adventure, you always work in different areas with different people so the job never gets boring.
Pros
Never gets dull
Cons
Commission only when first starting
Drink the Kool-Aid
Sales (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS16 September 2018
I found that thee training isn't what they promise. You don't make what is promised. They ignore facts that don't work in their favour. They protect high sellers, even if they are unethicat. They allow for bullying, and there's no action taken against bigoted remarks.
You really have to get involved with all the meetings nd read the book to help stay motivated. If you don't, it's easy to get lost. Some managers are better than others, but all in all, it's door to door sales.
Pros
You can make goood money if you work it.
Cons
You don't get the training promised.
It’s a big waste of time.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador14 September 2018
This company will hire anyone at all. They con you into believing that your being carefully selected and considered, but your not. They expect you to pay for your own mileage and food and everything else. They call all the money you spend trying to work for them “investments”. A complete waste of time. If a company isn’t interested in hiring you with a base salary and benefits and at least pay for your incidentals then they are not a legitimate place of employment. Key give away was them trying to sell you a job and expected me to pay for everything under the sun including training which I was told that I could use as a “tax right off”.
Pros
Cons
Not a legitimate employer. Untrustworthy and extremely misleading.
Watch out it's not what it's made out to be
Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 August 2018
Multi-level marketing in disguise. Very high turnover. Support for first week. But then after you are just tossed to the curb, to go fend for yourself.
Commission sales very difficult. Expenses are high. You can easily make no money and it's hard to make a living. There are a lot of false promises. You get sucked in and then find out what it's really like. They don't care because they continue to pump people in and out. Put lots of pressure on you so they can make money.
Nobody is allowed to say anything or you are pegged a complainer. It's managements way to cover up what they don't want to hear.
Agents are expected to find all your own leads. There is not the support that you are lead to believe you will get when you start. They tell you a bunch of lies to make you want to work there and then big surprise. There are many things that don't jive after that.
Lots of games, red tape and politics. Managers pick their favourites and basically choose a few people they want to support whose pockets they want to see the money go to. Politics are thick.
Pros
you have flexible hours
Cons
100% commission sales, Very tough
Great place
Field Sales (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 August 2018
Find the right leader who can teach you what you need to know. The training is incredible. If you have a book of business already... this company will pay you like NO OTHER
Great company
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON10 August 2018
Great company with a lot of potential for growth. The only limitations are the ones you place on yourself. The policies are so good they pretty much sell themselves
Wasnt for me
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB17 July 2018
This company is great for many people, but i hate commision work so it did not work for me. Working on my own time was great but i have a hard time with no salary
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2018
An intangible learning experience
Corporate Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON11 June 2018
The role provided a wealth of information and the relationships forged will last for ever.

The various business units created a synergy that allowed for growth and uniformed completion of responsibilities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.