Combined Insurance

Combined Insurance Employee Reviews

good people trying to do good things

due to covid, we are reduced to calling clients onlythe company gives plenty of leadsthe warm market must be vetted by a district leader (they don't just go for your family and friendsrelaxed recruiting

Great place to grow and earn if you have ambition and a desire to succeed

Combined Insurance has great products, large client base to work from and strong leadership.It's truly a position for those who have a strong desire to succeed and are determined to do so. Lots to offer, visit with your local leadership team to learn more

Pros

Commission - Not trading your time for Money, helping people, creating your own schedule

Cons

Some late nights - Some travel - People do say no

A day at work

A typical day at work would have been going out in the field and talking to people of all different walks of life and to get these people on an affordable sickness and accident benefits

Commission Sales

Great if you are into door to door sales and selling to your family and friends. You need to be very outgoing and never take no for an answer.

Pros

Set your own hours.

Cons

Commission sales.

Route et telephone à cause du covid

J aime mon emploie mais avec le covid plus difficile on peux plus faire de porte à porte voir clients en personne . Cela complique notre travail

Pros

Nous avons des royoté

Cons

Salaire à commission pas securité et fond pension

100 years in business and growing

Personally I have been associated with Combined Insurance for 30 years June 2021.In management for 29 years.Truly a company you can depend on achieving your financial and personal goals for those individuals who are willing to work full time in a career that offers you unlimited income opportunity.Had the opportunity to win an exotic all paid family vacation in the Dominican Republic.Now the company offers 2 trips a year for the Top 60 agents and Top 40 managers in Canada.Experience is helpful but not necessary. Full training is provided.If you have an outgoing personality and a Positive Mental Attitude, a clean Driving record and no criminal record than this company may be the fit for you,

Pros

Unlimited income and Advancement to management opportunity

Cons

Long hours, evening work

Expect to drive for hours

You will drive for hours with no guarantee of seeing anyone, and its expected of you. Your day will be 15 hr days with no financial compensation which they dont tell you as that is your training. Referrals is what you salary is based on.

Pros

Commission based when they feel like paying you it, some good people to meet

Cons

You can put into it however much time you want but in training will see no money, don't really understand how regulated the business is I dont think

Wonderful place to start out in insurance with free training and salary

A wonderful place to start into the wonderful world of insurance, They treated me wonderful but could of got even more training to learn the business more. The CEO was wonderful, kind caring, happy and incouraging working in a team. Nice and clean learning facilities, Always Caring and kind snd very informative with the tasks at hand..teaching skills was fantastic . Lots of joking and having fun ... was a pleasure to learn

Pros

They treated me so good as I was learning and it was so fun

Cons

A difficult business to get into working independently !

Good spot for the right person

I have to be honest. There are offices across the country that I have heard are way different. I know Red Deer is one of the better offices in terms of environment, culture and results, but I have heard other offices in other provinces dont operate the same way. Do your research, and ask to go to a meeting before you start. The job can be tough to start out, as your base salary ends right away, and then it is full commission. Yes the commission is good, but in this world people want more stability. There are some really successful people out of the Red Deer office, but others that aren't. I think the best way to separate the two, is who's willing to put up with more negative stuff. I left here 3 months ago, and it was a great environment, good support (depending who your sales leader is) but I was 45 minutes away from the office, and couldn't afford to keep driving in for meetings all the time. I would suggest that if you are looking at the opportunity in Red Deer, make sure you are local, and go to a meeting to see if its an environment you want to be part of. The commission is great if you work, will pay higher than any salary job, and the products are incredible, so thats not an issue. Just be cautious of which SL you get put under, as some won't go out and field train you. I won't mention names

fun place to work

I was an independent agent who operated successfully purely on a commission basis selling accident and sickness insurance products they called living benefits policies.

Great Business

Combined Insurance has a great system in place. Lots of people that do not make it as a career they are simply not driven at all. If you have drive, ambition, self motivation and are a go getter.. the sky is the limit. You can earn as much income as you want and it's all base on your performance. They have great teacher and great Leaders to guide you the way and teach you the ropes but they wont do it for you. They have great products to help people get covered in case of an accident or sickness and great price as well. Not everyone can become a Leader within the company but they definitely rewards and promotes those who are doing well and see a future for them.

Pros

Residuals, Bonus, Advancement, High commission, Trips, Reward

It’s a fun culture but challenging in that there is a lot of cold calling

You get out of it what you put into it. Is a good career if you are willing to talk to people and have fun. Training is excellent – it is three weeks in Toronto. Your first week in the field, an experienced agent goes out with you and supports you in the selling process. Agents utilize the five point marketing system. Calling on existing customers, the T system, direct marketing, business to business as well as warm market calls.

Job Review

Great opportunity for growth and knowledge. A company with almost a hundred years of experience in protecting families from unexpected accidents and sickness.

Great experience!

I had never worked in Insurance before this experience. It was a great step out of my comfort zone. I enjoyed it there, but it wasn't the job for me. The people were always so nice. It was difficult at times, as it was a door-to-door business.

Travail stimulant et en constante évolution

La culture de défi est très présente chez Combined. Plusieurs opportunités d'évoluer au sein de l'organisation

Workplace culture

It is all 100% commission based, so you require money in order to make money but the potential to make money is huge if you can get in the right areas. I do not recommend working in the Moncton area.

Great pay and benefits

I enjoyed working for Combined. Lots of travelling ,great benefits and working environment was not bad either. I would recommend working for this company .

Not the best place in the world to work

A lot of smoke and mirrors. What I liked about it was there was a lot of mindset training. I felt like in order to make it you had to lie or walk over people and then when you finally got to the top a big gust of reality hit you right back to the bottom. If you need a break when joining the industry combined is good in terms of the fees associated with starting your business. Chargebacks can be an issue

positive trainers

It is an amazing organization that allows you to grow and educates you on the importance of looking ahead for unforeseen events like sickness accidents and death.

Great opportunity to enter the financial industry.

At Combined, you are self employed. It is a 100% commission based job and that requires a lot of work. You get out of it what you put into it. The commission structure is amazing and the office culture is extremely positive and inspiring.

Very old school work environment

Combined insurance was a great place to work with a winners attitude but I hate they would just give your phone number to whoever in the company and you would get random texts from people you've never met introducing themselves. Very old school ways of working.. its 2020..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Combined Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement