Comark Inc.

Comark Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
everyday was different depending who you worked with, always got to try the new product so you could have a better understanding of the fit. good group of girls
It was amazing time to work over there l got alot experience very helpful for me to proved my self l had a nice team worker we had alot fun together l never forget it
No support from management. Sell, sell, sell but make sure you get everything else done, too. No excuses, just get the work done. Stressful, tense workplace. Do not recommend working here at all. The co-workers were great, but management and head office expectations unrealistic. The cash register system is outdated, difficult to use, and constantly breaking down. No organization or formal polices and procedure manuals to follow. You are left to figure things out on your own and the get in trouble for not doing what you are supposed to do; but how can you when you haven't been taught what you are supposed to do and how you are supposed to do it? Most disorganized and outdated company that I have worked for. Run from this company as fast as you can.
I worked there causally as I was in college and it was a great way to make some extra cash, everyone was extremely friendly and it was a fun environment to work in
Good place to work as a shift manager if you don't know your worth. You're not paid much more than minimum for the extra responsibilities and expectations.
Pros
Discount?
Cons
Wage
I liked the job but we have a Ricki and Cleo combo store and the worst thing about it is there's always about 5 or more sales on on each side... So rickis would have let's say take an extra percent of clearance, 40 off on tops and blouses and sweaters and then Cleo would have 40 off on pants, 30 off on ponchos and sweaters, jackets would be an extra percent off... Jewelry on both sides had different sales... Etc. Sometimes you'd walk into your shift and they would have a paper filled with sales stuff that was on for the day which can get overhwelming for the retail worker and the customer. There were many times the customers complained that when you greet them and tell them what sakes were on it took ya 10 minutes. Then the Cleo stuff had to be rung in separate from the Ricki stuff becsuse they were different sales and on-top of all that ... You had to ask if they wanted to donate here and there if there was a promotion going on for let's say breast cancer... And then that was another code you had to ring in. It was very hard to keep track of sales.
Pros
Friendly staff that was willing to help, manager is great, discount was good, clothes that actually fit and quality
Cons
Hard to get full time, sales were confusing and changing everyday, repetitive work
Enjoyed my time as a Brand Ambassador working for Comark. The management is great and they are extremely flexible in terms of your shifts. Overall one of my favorite places to work for.
Anything that was done was shown to be appropriated but employees were not taken into proper consideration. As much as I enjoyed the work I was doing and being able to help customers out, I did not feel as if the management was very organized or able to properly communicate with one another to know what each sales associated was doing each day.
Depending on the location of course, management was great. We are taught to get our customers to enjoy their experience shopping with us as if they were shopping with their best friend. It created a fun atmosphere between the staff and the customers overall. There will always be difficult customers here and there and harder days than others, but the positive outweighed the negative by miles.
In the past Ricki's, Bootlegger, Young Canada and Cleo combination stores had everything to offer to the average Canadian family. Catering to young children, women in the work place, men and womens denim and more.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Comark Inc.?
In the past Ricki's was a wonderful work environment for anyone who wanted to succeed in the Retail industry. Hard-working employees were offered weekly and monthly incentives through every season.
Fast paced, challenging environment where everyone is challenged to give your best and produce high performance reviews. Teams are friendly and company provides opportunity for growth
I would open the store, registers and do the required paper work. I got really good at working with the cash. Set up promotional signage and made sure other worker were aware of the deals for the day. Merchandising, mark downs, online orders and in-store ordering. Close tils/store and make sure the store is in proper for the morning.
Pros
the sales associates worked together well.
Cons
alot of down time
Horrible place to work. They make you work so hard and they're so pushy in sales but there are no incentives and a very un-proffessional environment. They lied to me when they hired me about the hours. They told me I would get a minimum of 15 hours a week. There were many weeks where I only got 7 hours a week. The management also plays favourites.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
The management is horrible
worst company to work with, management is so bad, no one knows anything about whats going on. The raises are overlooked. Sales Associates do all the work, like filling, which is a job for managers. Management doesn't work at all, and so much workplace harassment occurs, and no one takes action against it. This is at the Crossiron Mills Location in Rocky View.
Pros
Cons
everything
I worked here for nearly four years before the store closed down. I worked with many different people - some were enjoyable to work with, others were not. I enjoyed helping customers find new outfits and wardrobes to fit their style.
I loved working for bootlegger, it was a very fun work environment, great staff, nice to help someone find someone a nice out fit, but when i was there i found i was always being called in and had no social or family life.
Pros
great staff
Cons
long work weeks
Managing this location was a struggle as the company was unhappy with senior associate wages and planned to replace several top sellers with new, inexperienced associates. This created a cycle of results that were inconsistent from quarter to quarter.
Work life balance was difficult as the average Associate age was 40+ and their parents got sick & passed away regularly.

Stressful position with medium to low pay.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Poor family life
Good place to work. The people I worked with were fun to work with. Management was understanding when I needed to take days off. Schedules were good and coworkers helped out if days needed to be switched.
Great company to work for with opportunity for advancement within the company. I loved my time there. Good discount for employees and benefits for full time staff.
Pros
discount, fun staff
Cons
always busy during holidays
Working with customers at Bootlegger/Ricki's was an amazing experience. I loved the retail environment. Unfortunately coworkers and management were not always friendly. To your face, you're bestfriends but behind your back your worst enemy.
Cons
management