Comark Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work at
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON12 April 2019
Enjoyed my time as a Brand Ambassador working for Comark. The management is great and they are extremely flexible in terms of your shifts. Overall one of my favorite places to work for.
Good work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 March 2019
Anything that was done was shown to be appropriated but employees were not taken into proper consideration. As much as I enjoyed the work I was doing and being able to help customers out, I did not feel as if the management was very organized or able to properly communicate with one another to know what each sales associated was doing each day.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 January 2019
Depending on the location of course, management was great. We are taught to get our customers to enjoy their experience shopping with us as if they were shopping with their best friend. It created a fun atmosphere between the staff and the customers overall. There will always be difficult customers here and there and harder days than others, but the positive outweighed the negative by miles.
wonderful workplace environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS3 September 2018
In the past Ricki's, Bootlegger, Young Canada and Cleo combination stores had everything to offer to the average Canadian family. Catering to young children, women in the work place, men and womens denim and more.
great work enviorment
Assisted manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 September 2018
In the past Ricki's was a wonderful work environment for anyone who wanted to succeed in the Retail industry. Hard-working employees were offered weekly and monthly incentives through every season.
fast paced, friendly environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2018
Fast paced, challenging environment where everyone is challenged to give your best and produce high performance reviews. Teams are friendly and company provides opportunity for growth
Clientele were nice and so were the associates
RETAILER/SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON14 August 2018
I would open the store, registers and do the required paper work. I got really good at working with the cash. Set up promotional signage and made sure other worker were aware of the deals for the day. Merchandising, mark downs, online orders and in-store ordering. Close tils/store and make sure the store is in proper for the morning.
Pros
the sales associates worked together well.
Cons
alot of down time
Very unprofessional and they lie about the hours promised to you
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2018
Horrible place to work. They make you work so hard and they're so pushy in sales but there are no incentives and a very un-proffessional environment. They lied to me when they hired me about the hours. They told me I would get a minimum of 15 hours a week. There were many weeks where I only got 7 hours a week. The management also plays favourites.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
The management is horrible
Awful company to work with, with awful management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2018
worst company to work with, management is so bad, no one knows anything about whats going on. The raises are overlooked. Sales Associates do all the work, like filling, which is a job for managers. Management doesn't work at all, and so much workplace harassment occurs, and no one takes action against it. This is at the Crossiron Mills Location in Rocky View.
Pros
Cons
everything
Typical Clothing Store Environment
Shift Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2018
I worked here for nearly four years before the store closed down. I worked with many different people - some were enjoyable to work with, others were not. I enjoyed helping customers find new outfits and wardrobes to fit their style.
fun,exciting work
Retail associate, store opener & store closer (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC25 April 2018
I loved working for bootlegger, it was a very fun work environment, great staff, nice to help someone find someone a nice out fit, but when i was there i found i was always being called in and had no social or family life.
Pros
great staff
Cons
long work weeks
Lack of Support from HO
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 March 2018
Managing this location was a struggle as the company was unhappy with senior associate wages and planned to replace several top sellers with new, inexperienced associates. This created a cycle of results that were inconsistent from quarter to quarter.
Work life balance was difficult as the average Associate age was 40+ and their parents got sick & passed away regularly.
Stressful position with medium to low pay.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Poor family life
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 March 2018
Good place to work. The people I worked with were fun to work with. Management was understanding when I needed to take days off. Schedules were good and coworkers helped out if days needed to be switched.
fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2018
Great company to work for with opportunity for advancement within the company. I loved my time there. Good discount for employees and benefits for full time staff.
Pros
discount, fun staff
Cons
always busy during holidays
Alright place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON4 January 2018
Working with customers at Bootlegger/Ricki's was an amazing experience. I loved the retail environment. Unfortunately coworkers and management were not always friendly. To your face, you're bestfriends but behind your back your worst enemy.
Cons
management
The independence adn worklife balance
Manager, Real Estate Department (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 November 2017
Comark came with a lot stability in the beginning. The company got into financial difficulties and had to file for bankruptcy protection, it was sad to leave. I would definitely work for Comark in the future if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Sample sale
Nice and challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 September 2017
Its taught me a lot and i just want to seek some extra work.
They are great at teaching development of people an growing their management skills.
Following Health and Safety regulations.
Very driven on selling to a certain percentage of customer traffic.
No work/life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 August 2017
Long hours (lots of overtime) no compensation.
Expectations are high and operation hours are given based on store performance.
Lots of conference calls during work time, waste of store hours.
Expect to work alone for long periods of time.

Great discount on merchandise, awesome people at HR department.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
lots of overtime with no compensation
Good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Overall it is a good company to work for and grow within. The pay is low compared to the external market for the same position. Incentives are also minimal.
Pros
Internal growth
Cons
Low pay
good
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON4 June 2017
Great place to work. Employees receive 50% discount on regular priced items. Sale driven job. Not commission. Lots of laughs and fun. Not much room to advance. Stores are closing
Pros
fun
Cons
stores are closing