Columbia Sportswear Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 August 2019
Favourtism, micro management, conflicts of interest, toxic environment/atmosphere. Don't waste your time and mental health. If you don't like the way a manager speaks to you it is YOUR problem not something that can be fixed on both sides.
Very unorganized!
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with but most of the staff had no idea what they were doing. Most days upon arriving at your designated zone u would stand around until supervisors came up with a zone for u to work in. Very rarely did I ever work in the zone I was assigned! The jobs were very easy but u could b sent to multiple zones in a day! Favoritism is very noticable & in your face. I found this place to b a joke
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON29 April 2019
Met great people, learned a lot of customer service, gained some self initiative. Management was fair and easy to get along with. Was an organized and efficient place to work
Productive, helpful environment with a lot to learn
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2019
Working at Columbia Sportswear (Windsor) was productive. The work culture was professional and helpful. Managers and supervisors were very cooperative and helpful. The job helped me grow my skills as a cashier and customer service representative and helped me develop an overall personality.
Pros
Employee discount
Columbia
Line worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2019
When working for Columbia it was a temporary position for me. I excelled in all areas of the work obligations and enjoyed my time with Columbia. The company treated employees with respect and appreciated everyone's efforts.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
holiday position
Unreliable
DC associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2018
This company is not accommodating when it came to family emergency nor doctors note. Being hurt on the job results in termination. Would not recommend if you are looking for guaranteed employment for the full contract.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management itself
Too busy during peak seasons
D.C. Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Good atmosphere, picking department was semi-fun and peaceful, whereas the packing department was chaotic, and I just hated the stickering and hangering dept.
Productive and many fun activities for all employees
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 December 2017
In a typical day I would conduct a pre-shift meeting with the team. I would cover the tasks for the day, safety and anything relevant that needed to be communicated. The team would ensure that the correct parcel would be placed in the correct location to be shipped. I would take care of any safety, quality issues that would arise. At the end of the shift I would close all loads of trucks that have picked up their orders. The workplace culture is a team environment with many team building activities such as ping pong tournaments, pizza lunch, corporate challenge etc. It was a really great place to have the pleasure of working for.
Pros
People
Cons
Being laid off for lack of funding and sales
weeeerrrrk
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON9 November 2017
A typical day of work was ,e calling in sick. The most enjoyable part of working there was the rush 5 minutes before the shift was over. Management was coool
Labourer
Production Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 April 2017
It was great company to work for, most of the people were easy to get along with. The hrs were good. The down fall that of the job I had was it was hard on the back.
Family Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 December 2016
Had a stable job there for a couple years, lots of hours and regular customers were great to see. A family unit- with lots of product knowledge training and associate reviews. This workplace taught me great work ethic for the future. However, not a lot of time off.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Only one lunch break per shift
Various Jobs were done daily
Warehouse DC Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 May 2016
I was able to do a bunch of different jobs within the company. My daily work was different daily depending on the demands of the overall warehouse. I have been able to learn lots with Columbia and will continue to learn lots. The co-workers are nice to work with. The hardest part of the job is sometimes it gets physically tiring especially during the hot summer months when we work long hours. The best part about my job is that it's straight days, so that means I can spend time with my family and take my kids to there activities during the evening.
Minimum wage, great discounts, fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2016
Friendly co-workers
Managers are in working area often and motivates you to stay busy
You do not always have the same working area as the day before
I learned how to approach people better and how to converse with strangers.
Pros
Free outfits, discounts, nice co-workers, learn new things about products
Cons
Not always busy, can get boring after awhile, possibly get sore knees from standing all day, location of the building is out of the way
Productive and great place to work
Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  London ON21 June 2015
Great place to work. Daily work included troubleshooting technical issues. Customer Service and system and other hardware management. I learned a great deal about SAP, Warehouse management systems.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement plans
Cons
Great opportunity to learn a strong retail culture
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 November 2014
Very enjoyable work experience. Excellent hours and managers work to accomadate employees schedule reuirements
Pros
Meeting people from a boad customer range. Varied job duties
Cons
Limited advancement opportunity
hardest part is standing for long hours on cement floors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON8 October 2014
hardest part is standing for long hours on cement floors. .associates had a hard time working with management
Good environment, but mainly contract so lower pay and no job security
VAS co-ordinator, receiver (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON2 July 2014
The management team and the employees are very enjoyable to work with. Then environment is friendly and bbqs were provided regularly for employee appreciation. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment and people. The hardest part is the high risk of layoffs.
Pros
Friendly environment, BBQs
Cons
Constant layoffs
A day in Receiving.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON29 May 2014
A typical day at work was normally fast paced, and had to be accurate. Like any job things could go wrong, or staffing could end up being short. In these cases it was important to pick up the slack, keep calm, and get the job done without causing tempers to rise. It was also very important to listen to instructions, to make sure others understood your instructions, and to be patient. A good attitude, good communication skills, and respect for all workers was very important. The best part of the job was on the busy days when the day would fly by and you felt like you had contributed to the companies success. The hardest part was the constant layoffs.
Pros
Free lunches, good shift times, the staff.
Cons
Constant layoffs.
dusty place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 May 2014
unorganised place to work and too many temps, no one cared about the work it was all about speed not quality, didn't care if a mark or rip on garment, just send it out anyway
Pros
close to home
Cons
to far to walk to the lunch room
Not a good place to work
Slave (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON28 September 2012
Not a good place to work...management is always changing their minds...supervisors yell and blame everyone else. Making employees wipe mould off the boots that have come across seas on a boat and don't give them masks for the spores. They have a high turn over in employees and the ones that do work there for lots of years are just too lazy to look for a better job. Alot have been there since coming out of school. Husband and Wife teams DO NOT BELONG THERE.
Cons
all of the above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Sportswear. Our community is ready to answer.