Columbia Sportswear Company Employee Reviews

great for contract work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 October 2019
not and ideal job....touch and go.....favoritisium...very friendly people but if ur not up ur superiviors butt u will get no where....they want u to kiss butt...
Don't waste your time
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 August 2019
Favourtism, micro management, conflicts of interest, toxic environment/atmosphere. Don't waste your time and mental health. If you don't like the way a manager speaks to you it is YOUR problem not something that can be fixed on both sides.
Very unorganized!
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 August 2019
I enjoyed the people I worked with but most of the staff had no idea what they were doing. Most days upon arriving at your designated zone u would stand around until supervisors came up with a zone for u to work in. Very rarely did I ever work in the zone I was assigned! The jobs were very easy but u could b sent to multiple zones in a day! Favoritism is very noticable & in your face. I found this place to b a joke
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON29 April 2019
Met great people, learned a lot of customer service, gained some self initiative. Management was fair and easy to get along with. Was an organized and efficient place to work
Fun
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON9 April 2019
Management provided a comfortable stream for us to learn, feel safe and be heard.

Opportunities to move up, transfer, train etc.

The discounts are amazing if you like the products.
Productive, helpful environment with a lot to learn
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2019
Working at Columbia Sportswear (Windsor) was productive. The work culture was professional and helpful. Managers and supervisors were very cooperative and helpful. The job helped me grow my skills as a cashier and customer service representative and helped me develop an overall personality.
Pros
Employee discount
Columbia
Line worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2019
When working for Columbia it was a temporary position for me. I excelled in all areas of the work obligations and enjoyed my time with Columbia. The company treated employees with respect and appreciated everyone's efforts.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
holiday position
Good place to work in.
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
DC is a good place to work in almost in all senses. During the time you have opportunities for promotions through acquiring new skills. The only thing that is not ideal about the place is seasonal work. But this can be overcome if you prove that you are hard-worker.
I enjoyed my learning experiece with Columbia. Very supportive during training.
Consumer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 January 2019
They have a great deal of wonderful people on staff, a few not so much. That's what happens when you get a lot of women together.
They have a scent free policy which is great, as long as it's not an issue.
Pros
Christmas lunch, prizes won, usually some time of stock.
Cons
I felt sorry for the warehouse employee's very hot.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 December 2018
This is a good place to work because we make sure to take care of the customers but to also have fun. We treat each other with respect and got along well.
Unreliable
DC associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 July 2018
This company is not accommodating when it came to family emergency nor doctors note. Being hurt on the job results in termination. Would not recommend if you are looking for guaranteed employment for the full contract.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
management itself
Corporate Culture
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
Local office management created a enjoyable day to day work life culture with brown bag lunch and learn sessions, breakfast meetings and work out gym on the premises .
Pros
work out gym
Cons
location
Global Retail Business Product owner
Product owner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ON27 March 2018
Great management with lots of exposure.
The most enjoyable part of the job is constant exposure to retail environment and running major global implementation projects
Not the greatest for employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 March 2018
The hours were good, but the environment of the job was horrible, the mangers like to gossip. It was super hard trying to get time off for school, and family events. The boss wasn't very nice. A lot of workers would come and go since they environment was so toxic. Would not recommend working there at all.
Too busy during peak seasons
D.C. Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 January 2018
Good atmosphere, picking department was semi-fun and peaceful, whereas the packing department was chaotic, and I just hated the stickering and hangering dept.
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 January 2018
Some negativity by the full time staff make it tough to remain upbeat. Wage has increased to $14.per hour. Training in all departments. Physically demanding, lots of heavy lifting, repetitive tasks, stand for full shift. You get moved around the warehouse so that you are not doing the same thing for 8 hours. Overall a good place to work, most of the staff is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Pizza Days and BBQ lunches, prize draws, bake sales.
Cons
Very negative people
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 January 2018
Have fun while you're there, work is supposed to be fun! Long hours kill but its always worth it in the long run. Always think of the costumers and help out as much as you can
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
One lunch
Productive and many fun activities for all employees
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON14 December 2017
In a typical day I would conduct a pre-shift meeting with the team. I would cover the tasks for the day, safety and anything relevant that needed to be communicated. The team would ensure that the correct parcel would be placed in the correct location to be shipped. I would take care of any safety, quality issues that would arise. At the end of the shift I would close all loads of trucks that have picked up their orders. The workplace culture is a team environment with many team building activities such as ping pong tournaments, pizza lunch, corporate challenge etc. It was a really great place to have the pleasure of working for.
Pros
People
Cons
Being laid off for lack of funding and sales
Standard retail
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2017
Standard retail job. Management is alright, they have your back when needed. Lots of customers as its the only location in BC. Work can be very dull and tedious
weeeerrrrk
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halton Hills, ON9 November 2017
A typical day of work was ,e calling in sick. The most enjoyable part of working there was the rush 5 minutes before the shift was over. Management was coool

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Columbia Sportswear Company. Our community is ready to answer.