COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE Employee Review

View all COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE reviews

Normalized private High School over 30 years
Schedule Coordinator Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON14 August 2013
This was a part-time job in summer. The HR office hired some new employees for serving the summer campers. My work was assisting my leader to create the working shifts for all the employees by using excel and adjust the shifts on their special requirement.
The hardest part of my job was how to face to the emergency and balance the time of all their shifts. Sometimes, the employee could not go their shifts on time or some of them think it was unfair for them to get less time of shifts than others. So, I had to report all these situations to my leader first and tried to help him find the best way to figure them out. After updating the shifts schedule, I had to explain them the reason that we think it was the best way to make all them happy. Because, usually, their efficiency is depends on their feeling of happiness.

Other COLUMBIA INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE Employee Reviews

A good place to build your skills, shouldn't stay too long.
Residence Life Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 March 2018
I've enjoyed my time working at Columbia International College and have gotten to know many students quite well. I've learned to take on more of a leadership role and help students with things like future plans, the understanding of rules and respect and transitioning into a country like Canada. Workplace culture is overall okay however management likes to micromanage things when it can become unnecessary. Overall an interesting place to be but it's better to move on at some point due to management/salary.
Pros
Good students, food provided.
Cons
Going between the building spread out around Hamilton
no comment
Accounting Specialist/Campus Store Rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2018
It can be a great place to work. In general, it is great working with the students. It can be a nice environment to work at, alot of potential still.