COLOR AD PACKAGING

COLOR AD PACKAGING Employee Reviews

Don't work here
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 February 2020
You think everything is going great and then they will terminate you without reason, don't even think about working here. Coworkers are great, but management is horrible. There's a lot of families within the company, so favourites probably takes a part.
Don't get comfortable or feel safe with your job here.
Various Positions, Winnipeg (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2020
Job security is 0% at this place. they will wake up one day and decide the smallest mistake is worth terminating your employment over, regardless of your years of service and many sacrifices you made for the company. You are most definitely expendable and more so, if you are higher up. Good luck advancing in this company, though. They tend to hire from outside the company for supervisor and above positions. Lots of family relations within the company as well, that are most certainly favored above all. My only regret was not expecting to lose my job like so many before me at this workplace.
productive place
Pouch Operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 November 2019
* Highly recommended for new migrants for experience
* Clean place to work
* Good people to work with
* No proper training (you have to learn on your own)
I would not recomend Color Ad to anyone for a job
Miraflex Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Begin ave21 October 2019
The management needs to be improved on with how they operate and how they treat the employees and how their shifts, The work enviorment is not the greatest not really anytime to enjoy the work your doing, It's a very fast paced environment.
Barbecue
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Manitoba29 September 2019
3 years of no salary increase! I talked to my manager/president/supervisor/HR even my leadhand talked to the CEO about my salary increase but nothing happened. While they hire new guys, giving them higher than my salary for 4 years.
Pros
Some co-workers are awesome!
Cons
bad management
It is a friendly environment
Production Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2019
It is place where everyone has equal opportunity to learn new things and has flexible shifts.
Good on the job training using standard safety procedures.
Have you seen people without backbones? You will find here..
Doesnt Matter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2019
Hired with a lot of promises and sugary words.. Have to walk out in a week without any reason. When asked to the manager, he never responded and got a mail from somebody else saying not to disturb the manager. I had to restart my career from the beginning. The worst ever place ever worked before..
productive and nice management
tender (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2019
good for people wants more money because they have lots of overtime.the most enjoyable part are the other workers are nice . the hardest is only shifting
Pros
nice breakroom
Cons
shippting
If you want to get hired with great "promises" and get let go on the spot within a month...apply
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2018
Was hired as a shift manager. I was one of the nice ones. The upper management.... total tyrants. I was hired then just over a month walked out the door with 140 other employees no reason given. They look to go on sprees.Hire when they need it then walk everyone out the door. when its slow. Management has no respect for employees. My direct reporting manager even walked me through how he likes to come in and spy on the employees from the upstairs maintenance area. Same person put in web cams to watch employees to see who is:"not working" . All I can say is if you need a job goto a fast food place you'll get treated better.
Pros
unfounded
Cons
everything
Horrible place to work
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2018
Probably the worst company i have ever worked for. All of the employees are friendly however the management is terrible. They dont try and solve issues. They just blame and point the finger at each other. They force overtime . Everone is scared to speak up for fear of being fired. And the printing manager is the worst manager they have ever had. He is a arrogant person who only cares about himself and advancing. Definition of a boss not a leader.
Pros
Not bad wage
Cons
Forced overtime and terrible management
Long days, terrible management
Press Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2018
12 hour shifts that rotate from evenings to graveyard shift that the employee has no control over and you will have management threaten your job if you cannot comply. I worked at color ad for almost 6 months and when they did implement shift changes it was done on a 48 hour notice (not good if you have a family) Management and supervisors are very rude and do not know how to properly engage employees so that work is done to a satisfactory rate. The only good thing about this place is they give paid breaks. I tried numerous times to expand my knowledge within the company so I could be a more versatile asset but was shot down everytime which made this feel like a dead end job. Glad I left and moved on to better things. Dont expect to go very far here, unless your willing to get down on your hands and knees and kiss the bosses "you know what"
Pros
Paid breaks, ocassional free lunch
Cons
Down right RUDE supervisors, prepare to be screamed at.
Good place to work.
Laminator Machine operator (Current Employee) –  200 beghin avenue winnipeg mb.25 March 2018
Color ad is a good company to start, giving you an apportunity to build your experience and learn new things, This company has a flexible hours, giving you a chance to get the shift that you want.
Good and bad days
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2018
Being with the company for a couple years and feel as if I’ve been trampled on. In all honesty it’s a good place to work “set aside the terrible management” the higher ups in the company are very friendly and approachable and treat you as if you’re family.
Over time is always there if you want it
Friendly staff in all departments.

Work hard and you’ll get noticed here.

Learn a lot and it doesn’t get you anywhere.
Pros
Family orientated environment, good wages
Cons
Under appreciation, horrible management.
horrible place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2018
was a great first job
Shift work required
mandatory overtime required.
not much room for advancement
managers lack compassion and understanding. Mostly bully you into doing things outside of your job description.
Threaten your job if you do not want to work overtime.
Pros
good wages and paid breaks
Cons
horrible managment
It's as good as Manufacturing can get.
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 November 2017
Plant is incredibly clean.
Workers are very nice.
Health plan is above average.
They offer an employer/employee RRSP contribution match program.
Management is knowledgeable and transparent.
We recently implemented a Continuous Improvement program which gives us all a voice, from the bottom to the top, we can recommend small to drastic changes within our production process to ensure safety, eliminate overproduction, unnecessary inventory, etc.
It's a very exciting time to be working here at Color Ad Packaging.
Hope to meet you soon.
Pros
Health Benefits, RRSP employer matching, Salary
Cons
Long hours (but I love working)
fast paced work enviornment
Press assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 October 2017
I would not recommend this as a career job, they don't treat employees with as much respect as they should and don't make you feel appreciated for all the hard work you put in. with "mandatory" overtime and changing shifts from rotating every 2 weeks too continental when ever they see fit and with no notice and changing shift length from 8 hours to 12 when ever they need extra work done. The best part of the job is the fellow employees that are friendly and will help when ever they can.
Pros
free meal every 3-4 months
Cons
changing hours and random shift changes
Average
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
Average, Workers are mostly Asian and very hard working. The salary aand benefits were good.Very good for long term career in production. I hope they hire people for long term
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
casual
friendly workplace
Assist the machine operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 June 2017
its nice working with different individuals as my co-worker their all respectful and we are helping each other. the company itself is safe for the workers. they provide each worker a locker and enough space for lunch room.
Color Ad was a very fast paced work place.
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2012
While working at Color Ad I had many responsibilities such as inspecting product for imperfections and reporting it to operators and supervisors to fix the issues. A typical day at Color Ad would consist of receiving information from the previous shifts, and finding out what if any priorities were needed for the day. I would then start my checks by going onto to the production floor and starting the job. The transferring of information between shifts was very important. I enjoyed the people that I worked with they were always helpful. The hardest part of the job was walking the production floor in my steel toe shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work at my own pace. In the 10 months there I have learned to operate new types of machines that measure the strength of glues that were used on the product.
Pros
working 12 hour shifts
Cons
wearing steal toe shoes and hairnets