Colonnade BridgePort

Colonnade BridgePort Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Work culture is great
The work culture is great.I would recommend to anyone looking for a job.

Word to the weary though if you are looking for yearly raises they have stated that they do not train employees to stay but train employees so that they are good enough to leave. In practice this means very low yearly raises.
Look elsewhere
I cannot recommend working here. Pay at the entry to mid level is below market average for Ottawa. Benefits are barebones, no maternity leave whatsoever, profit sharing bonus has no correlation to job performance and seems to decrease each year for no apparent reason.

When working here expect lots of unpaid overtime with consistently tight deadlines and no appreciation from upper management. Suggestions for improvements by employees are consistently dismissed by management. High turnover within the property accounting and finance team primarily due to a psycopathic Controller. While I was there they had three Assistant Controllers over a two year span all of whom left due to burnout from working with him.

Look elsewhere for employment. You'll thank me later.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Multiple, see below
Official response from Colonnade BridgePort
2 August 2019
We thank you for caring enough to comment about your experience and we appreciate that we can provide a response.

As any company that undergoes transformation and growth, we experience business situations that cause disruption in our workforce.

We care very much about the employee experience at Colonnade Bridgeport. While we are focused on growing the business, we will continue to make changes that could cause angst among those resistant to change however, we will also prioritize cultivating and nurturing a strong and resilient culture.

It takes time for a culture to take root and as we grow, it also creates opportunities across every line of business for our employees. In fact, we are pleased to see many of our talented employees taking on development opportunities through stretch assignments and secondments in other areas of the business. This is win/win.

We will remain focused on our goals, and will be keenly mindful about our employees being in the right positions for their own development and where they can flourish, and for Colonnade Bridgeport’s success.
Accounting position. Included receivables and payables
Great hours and a fair salary. Some advancement opportunities.
Many employees being suddenly terminated without notice or explanation.

No job security.
Pros
Fair salary, great hours
Cons
Having your job suddenly terminated without explanation.
Nice place to work
Management was fair. Co-workers nice. Occasional conflicts with Property Managers. Typical day included creating work orders, accounts payable, creating reports.
Pros
good hours
Cons
Personnel being terminated without explanation.
Ownership and forward thinking
A typical work day includes reviewing emails from head office/clients/contractors. Follow up with ongoing projects, quotes and service request to ensure they are completed in a timeline manner. As well as ensuring the upkeep of the property. I learned that change is good and to be open. I worked remotely so interaction with coworkers was by phone and email mostly. We worked well together communication was very important.The hardest part of my job was to understand the direction all levels of management wanted to go and an achieve their vision keeping everyone on the same page. The most enjoyable was achieving all goals set out by myself and management in a timely and cost effective manner.
Pros
Freedom to make decision and carry out projects
Cons
Job potentially ending
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colonnade BridgePort. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8