Collins Barrow Employee Review

View all Collins Barrow reviews

Peterborough office --> Overworked, underpaid, and fired after busy season
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough6 May 2013
In the Peterborough office, no one schedules work. So the typical day is begging partners for work. If you aren't one of their favourites, then you won't get a lot of jobs, and in turn will be fired once the busy season is over. I've seen it happen to so many people, including myself.

The partners are unprofessional and extremely rude. They will talk behind your back and make jokes about you when you aren't around. I can't believe how some of those people are partners. The office morale is terrible. People are just counting down the days to get out of there.

Very low paying, like SERIOUSLY low paying. And the health plan is bad, there isn't even a dental plan.

I've worked in other firms and Collins Barrows Kawarthas was BY FAR the WORST place ever, even by audit firm standards.

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. They will lie and say anything to get you to relocate to Peterborough. They provide no training, even though they promise so much of it.

Complete waste of time.
Pros
free lunch in out of town jobs
Cons
long hours, low pay, will be fired after busy season, unprofessional partners, crazy gossip

Other Collins Barrow Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Co-operative Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2018
Learned a lot as a Co-op student when I was here. Very friendly, very willing to help you learn. Lots of little benefits and perks to make you feel like you don't mind staying there long hours.
Great Company To Learn & Grow as a Professional
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 August 2017
Great place to work, friendly and helpful coworkers. Every day has something different, from various personal and corporate tax issues, to accounting related issues and file preparing. While hours are very busy during personal tax season, the freedom gained during slower times in the summer and fall more than make up for that busy season.

While taking professional designation, senior staff are very helpful and supportive, willing to answer any questions with both material and the process.
Pros
Great work environment, challenging work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collins Barrow. Our community is ready to answer.