Collins Aerospace Management reviews

Found 17 reviews matching the search See all 2,150 reviews
excellent working team; very professional at all levels of the company
electrical, mechanical designer (Former Employee) –  Collins, ON11 December 2018
Best job i ever had ; enjoyed every moment working with the best engineers in the business. The work was interesting , there was no guessing for work and release processes ; management was aware of work progress and they showed their appreciation.
It was a rewarding place to work. The hardest part of the job was completing the contract and having to move on to another company.
Pros
Team atmosphere and a rewarding experience
Cons
job ended
Electronics Technician
Electronics Technician and Hardware Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 April 2018
I have honestly never worked at a better place.
Great staff, great people should of never left. I would recommend this job to any one who applies they really care about there employees.
Productive and enjoyable work culture
Flight and ground Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
Productive and enjoyable work culture. Good management and good salary. Very friendly environment and lots of flexibility to work on. I enjoyed every moment I worked for this company.
This is just for Vancouver airport formerly Arinc now Rockwell Collins
helpdesk analyst (Former Employee) –  yvr30 July 2017
Arinc at YVR - cheap company.Very bad team.Poor management.Only few people work and others hide especially seniors.Don`t waste time unless you are desperate.
Pros
only good for resume
Cons
no training, very unorganized, no team
Great place to work, hard working employees
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 April 2017
Typical day at work is never the same, always new challenges.
Learned how to communicate to senior leaders.
Management set high standards and high goals
Hardest part of the job is time management.
Pros
Dedicated work force
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to work overall
Inventory Planning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FL6 January 2017
Company offers competitive salary and benefits package. Opportunities for advance are mostly for people with Engineering background. Most Management members come from Engineering background as opposed to Leadership background. Other members lack the Leadership and people skills needed to be a successful Leader which reflects in current workforce morale.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor Management and Motivation towards workforce
former engineering employee, Oakville, ON
engineering (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON5 November 2016
As a been there done that reviewer, I have to fully agree with the previous review. If they hire permanent employees they are looking for 'yes men' and robots. They are making a very visible transition to contractors and letting go of employees, even long time employees, under the guise of 'workforce reductions' if they find it cheaper to use contractors. Salary and benefits are good (at present) but that fact is tempered with self serving bullies for managers who only look to pass on their work to their subordinates. Contrary to some of the positive reviews, there is no laughter or camaraderie but a lot of backstabbing, gossip and a very self serving culture. A huge change from the days as Goodrich where they promoted their 'people philosophy' where now you are truly only a number. Job security is non existent and the only way I would recommend taking a position with the company is to gain experience and move on.
Pros
free coffee, good salary/benefits, cafeteria
Cons
breaks frowned upon/discouraged, poor management, self serving culture
QA, manager is the biggest bulley known to managers.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC27 October 2016
I was a former contract worker always promised to be full time. I was never informed on hour changes , force to put up QA manager that knew nothing about aircraft. All in all McDonald's restaurant treatment is far better with the same pay.
Pros
Cons
Everything, management
Fun and safe place to work at
Deburr Tech (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 May 2016
I learned a lot and how to use Heavy equipment and more understanding about my self and how hard I can push my self to become better at what I do. Management was amazing to work with and the co worker were really helpful and I enjoyed my self every day working at U.T.C
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
Ability for future advancement should you wish to achieve
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 September 2014
There are many area's and location of UTC to which the aerospace division was one of them. The management with whom I worked was friendly, supportive and expected the best from you.

Should you wish to advance within the company or even learn different roles/departments there is that opportunity to work with several departments to learn different aspects of the job.
De-burr Technician/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 September 2014
Equal opportunities to advance, busy days, management was somewhat disorganized but kept things running, good co-workers, hardest part of the job is staying awake on nightshift, enjoyable part of the job is learning something new.
Pros
Cafeteria, Leaf ticket draws
Cons
Shift work, poor management
New things to learn everyday.
Metallurgical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 March 2014
It was a good experience.Management was supportive.It involved practical and theoretical aspects of engineering.
Company is much to focussed on looking "Lean" rather than putting out the work which pays the bills.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burlington, Ont, Canada31 January 2014
Managers are bobble heads. No freedom of expression there. You will be labelled a bad apple if you disagree with a process. It’s our way or the highway. Managers do not know how to talk to employees like humans. They mostly rule by the fist rather than by using employee engagement. We are the best resource people! We know more than anybody else, how our environment revolves and where the defects are. We don't go to work to fail! We want to make suggestions that work best for all. The team working in the Burlington plant are top notch. I can honestly say most people there do not like their managers and just show up to produce and get paid. Robots. The leader is vain and wants to look fierce. Just a stepping stone for something better to come. It was once a fun place to work. Everybody had fun and laughed. Ever since UTAS took over, it went downhill very fast. DAM you! There's nothing wrong with working and laughing. Makes for a very productive environment! It's gotten Amerisized! Not sure what else to say. Had my share of great times, and dark time. Keep my head low and under the radar. COME ON 3PM!
cool place to temp if you can get hired
Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  riverside ca5 December 2013
I was a temp @ this company in an inventory capacity and the people I worked with were cool but, my immediate manager was ignorant.
Pros
pay
Cons
clique oriented
Friendly co-workers and clean environment
Performance Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 November 2013
Satisfying challenges and helpful co-workers. I learned ADAMS design and simulation as well as basic CATIA knowledge. My report writing and communication skills improved a lot both professionally and friendly. The hardest part of the job was meeting the deadlines on time when most of the day was spent on updating management on our progress.
Now utc aerospace. Good company but lot of favoritisum.
Manufacturing Tech. (Current Employee) –  Oakville9 October 2013
Old managment style.

No respect for hard work. Too much buddy buddy culture.
Overall good pay benefits but seem like utc is more about profits than goodrich