Play YouTube video button
Updates from Collins Aerospace:

Collins Aerospace Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
Challenging and energetic environment
I worked at Collins Aerospace about a year on contract as continuous Improvement Engineer. It's a great place to work where an engineer can apply all principles of mechanical, electrical and industrial engineering. The workplace is full with challenges. New Management was not good enough which led to bad scenarios for the company and employees.
Excellent contract work
This was a contract job for me. I had a 6 month contract working for Collins Aerospace. They added an additional 2 months until the project was completed. I would go back to work there in a heartbeat if another similar contract position became available.
A good place to learn
Collins Aerospace is a place to learn and improve your capabilities although its very fast paced and hectic but it will polish your skills and make u stand out.
Madness too many planners no plan at end of the day
Only money is good . Every machinist here who's been here for more than 5 years pretends they are real machinist, entitled and bunch of babies who still not happy with 50 an hour doing nothing compare to a real machinist
Pros
Money
Collaborative and friendly
Good place to work. Everyone is really nice. Good work life balance. Innovative and entertaining experience. No one is afraid to learn which bring a very collaborative sense amongst employees
Versatility and challenge
Although I was laid off I would return if given the opportunity I enjoyed my stay at collins I was prepared to extend but circumstances beyond my control would not allow.
Employees are treated with respect
Excellent Team concept and dedication to goals through management support of the diverse workforce. Equipment and production support is first rate and the scheduling is very flexible.
Production and somewhat stressful at times
It was an excellent opportunity and provided career growth; Enjoyed the day to day challenges; Good people to work with. No two days were the same; Work culture was very regulatory because of the nature of the business; The most enjoyable part of the job was the team environment.
Pros
Enjoy the opportunity of working here
Cons
Contract position
Good place to work, employees are friendly, place is very busy and lots of overtime if you want to work, also good place to learn and move on. Free coffee provided
Pros
Free tickets for Free lunches, free coffee
Cons
A terrible place to work
You can work hard each and everyday. You can be friendly with everyone but at the end of the day if your not related to someone or friends with whoever counts you won’t get in or be accepted to the Oakville Location since Burlington is closing down. Not based on job performance!!
Interesting place to work and learn
Great team, opportunities to learn and meet people from other sites.
Interesting industry and special relation with our local customer at his own site
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Small site
No Opion
No opion poor life balance
Very inexperinced managmnet

Poor scheduling

Large compensation for managment poor managment & planning

Very PC correct thats how you move up
Productive and fun workplace
Productive and fun workplace, nice and multicultural environment...
Also, UTC has a bright future as it continues to expand and add more to the industry profile.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
No bonus
lots of work
lots of work, work life balance needs to improve. Good company overall. Good work atmosphere people help each other. Positive benefits and bonuses and people
excellent working team; very professional at all levels of the company
Best job i ever had ; enjoyed every moment working with the best engineers in the business. The work was interesting , there was no guessing for work and release processes ; management was aware of work progress and they showed their appreciation.
It was a rewarding place to work. The hardest part of the job was completing the contract and having to move on to another company.
Pros
Team atmosphere and a rewarding experience
Cons
job ended
A great place to gain experience
I worked here for my CO-OP. The people are friendly and very knowledgeable. Its your basic 9-5 job with a great system input. I personally learned a lot there and gained some valuable experience that has helped me in my current carrier.
Pros
great experience
Cons
needs communication improvement between departments
good wages, benifits
Wages and benefits are top notch along with cost of living raises.This smaller business site is a nicer environment to work in , with a good mixture of people to work with .This is all due to the fact you are on day shift. There are no shift rotations , therefore you are on afternoons , nights or a weekend shift for an extremely log period of time( over 10 years in a lot of cases ). This ways heavily on time with family and Friends .not an easy place to work in regards to balancing work and your personal life.
Pros
wages, benifits, lunches, cafeteria, free coffee, lots of overtime
Cons
never to see a day shift for years
Environnement de travail agréable
Environnement de travail qui permet de travailler en autonomie mais aussi l'entraide entre les employés
Electronics Technician
I have honestly never worked at a better place.
Great staff, great people should of never left. I would recommend this job to any one who applies they really care about there employees.
Overall nice place to work
Overall good company. Nice team to work with. Nice place to work. CEO of Rockwell Collins is of the good person in Rockwell Collins. I want to retire from this company.
Productive and enjoyable work culture
Productive and enjoyable work culture. Good management and good salary. Very friendly environment and lots of flexibility to work on. I enjoyed every moment I worked for this company.