COLLINGWOOD GENERAL & MARINE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good workplace, good environment, good camaraderie
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON18 November 2016
I worked as a part-time nuclear medicine technologist, I really enjoyed the experience. The senior technologist was a great person to work with, and management was always willing to help with problems.

Coworkers were great, the docs were very approachable.

I left to take another opportunity with a private outfit in Toronto, and ended up regretting the decision. CGMH was a good place to work.
Exceptional Health care team!
Surgical Floor RPN (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON25 January 2016
My experience working for and with the team at CGMH has deeply impacted me as a nurse and individual. The knowledge and extensive expertise in that small hospital has humbled me and inspired me. Their dedication and appreciation towards their work and co-workers is remarkable.
I wish I could stay
There I was taught proper bedside reporting of each patient. I was able to collaborate with other health care professionals and advocate for all areas of my patients care ranging from medications to physio, CCAC, Hopsice, Respite, LTC or Rehab depending on patients needs.
The most difficult part of my job was appreciating that even with modern science and a collective body of health care professionals some patients can not overcome hurdles.
The best part of my job is being able to continually fight those odds with our amazing team and usually we win.
Pros
Exceptional team work
Cons
Generally understaffed for aquity of patient load
good job environment and pleasant staff
Volunteer: Diagnostic & Imaging Dept. (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON4 January 2016
good job environment for volunteering.
volunteers are a lovely group of people to work along side
staff are pleasant and most helpful
staff is very appreciative of the volunteer workers
the hospital is well organized and clean
Pros
a great little gift and snack shop.
Great place to work with focused people.
OTA/PTA (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON10 August 2015
CGMH employs extremely qualified staff, physicians, and volunteers. It is a great place to work, with many perks. CGMH feels like home and everyone is incredibly helpful.
Politics and Power
Perioperative Nurse (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON16 April 2015
Some senior Nurses and physicians run this hospital. Mgmt has their heads stuck in the sand, and they hire whom ever they wish. Not because of merit or qualifications. Some physicians and many nurses are bullies. Moral is very low. Hospital is way over capacity and they just had a lay off of RPN's.
Speedy care in Emergency
PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON20 October 2014
Skilled, Knowledgeable staff always willing to teach to patients, family and community when times of need. Great to have such a wonderful group of individuals working together to save our community in times of need.
professional staff
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON31 July 2014
Great opportunity hospital in a great area. There are always looking for staff in various areas and departments.
Great starter job
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON13 March 2014
This position was my first Human Resources position out of school.

It was a great learning opportunity for me to use the skills I learned from school and apply them in real life.