COLLINGWOOD GENERAL & MARINE HOSPITAL

COLLINGWOOD GENERAL & MARINE HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Good Teaching Hospital for Student Nurses

Doing my summer placement there allowed me to become more independent and more confident in my nursing skills. Being there allowed me to get use to the nurse life inside and outside of work. It allowed me to find my own routine while being on the floor that worked best for me and it allowed me to become more aware of my priorities while being at work and at home. Over my summer placement I learned a lot about myself and my own nursing skills. The nurses working there are very helpful and are willing to assist in any way they can to make sure you and your patient are okay.

Amazing volunteer experience!

Volunteers are inly asked to work 1 4-hour shift each week, however you can do as much as you would like! I worked 24 hours each week for 2 years while in highschool and absolutely loved it!

Pros

Valuable healthcare related experience

Cons

None!

Summary

Busy workplace. Lots to do. Occasionally short staff. Often called to pick up extra shifts. Not a lot of nurse feedback/input requested by management.

Great staff.

Nurses are great, good teamwork. Hospital is older, needs to be rebuilt which they are working on approval for. Great environment for small hospital!!

Productive and great learning environment

As the shift begins, patients enter the facility and I would be documenting their progress for their physiotherapy session. The culture was great as the head physiotherapists would be more than willing to mentor myself. The environment is very comforting for the patients which increases their progress rate. The hardest part of the job was to motivate certain patients who do not have the will power to continue, none the less I would take initiative and figure out a way to do so. I enjoyed seeing the progress that the patients had made over the course of a few sessions as it provides them with hope and strength. I also enjoyed working along side a great team of medical professionals within the department.

Good workplace, good environment, good camaraderie

I worked as a part-time nuclear medicine technologist, I really enjoyed the experience. The senior technologist was a great person to work with, and management was always willing to help with problems. Coworkers were great, the docs were very approachable. I left to take another opportunity with a private outfit in Toronto, and ended up regretting the decision. CGMH was a good place to work.

Exceptional Health care team!

My experience working for and with the team at CGMH has deeply impacted me as a nurse and individual. The knowledge and extensive expertise in that small hospital has humbled me and inspired me. Their dedication and appreciation towards their work and co-workers is remarkable. I wish I could stay There I was taught proper bedside reporting of each patient. I was able to collaborate with other health care professionals and advocate for all areas of my patients care ranging from medications to physio, CCAC, Hopsice, Respite, LTC or Rehab depending on patients needs. The most difficult part of my job was appreciating that even with modern science and a collective body of health care professionals some patients can not overcome hurdles. The best part of my job is being able to continually fight those odds with our amazing team and usually we win.

Pros

Exceptional team work

Cons

Generally understaffed for aquity of patient load

good job environment and pleasant staff

good job environment for volunteering. volunteers are a lovely group of people to work along side staff are pleasant and most helpful staff is very appreciative of the volunteer workers the hospital is well organized and clean

Pros

a great little gift and snack shop.

Great place to work with focused people.

CGMH employs extremely qualified staff, physicians, and volunteers. It is a great place to work, with many perks. CGMH feels like home and everyone is incredibly helpful.

Politics and Power

Some senior Nurses and physicians run this hospital. Mgmt has their heads stuck in the sand, and they hire whom ever they wish. Not because of merit or qualifications. Some physicians and many nurses are bullies. Moral is very low. Hospital is way over capacity and they just had a lay off of RPN's.

Speedy care in Emergency

Skilled, Knowledgeable staff always willing to teach to patients, family and community when times of need. Great to have such a wonderful group of individuals working together to save our community in times of need.

professional staff

Great opportunity hospital in a great area. There are always looking for staff in various areas and departments.

Great starter job

This position was my first Human Resources position out of school. It was a great learning opportunity for me to use the skills I learned from school and apply them in real life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COLLINGWOOD GENERAL & MARINE HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement