Colliers
Happiness score is 53 out of 100

Colliers Employee Reviews

Canada82 reviews

cultureofficelotenvironmentcompanyemployeemanagementpeople

Great workplace culture and the very best team of people to work with!

Featured review

Colliers selected this as a representative review
Truly felt like I was joining a family of industry professionals when I first started with Colliers. That sense of being part of a family continued even as the local REMS office for the company began to expand rapidly while I was there. The management team are easily the best I have ever worked with and always had an ear to listen to subordinate staff and our group needs. And never micro-managed us. We were always one complete team in their eyes. And I always tried to emphasize that perspective myself to the team members I supervised directly. The only faults I had with Colliers at the time I was there was their insufficient benefits group package, and my own salary was just slightly below industry marketplace standards. But over all, I would work for Colliers again in a heartbeat.

Pros

Fun, collaborative and family-like workplace culture, regular social events and corporate team meetings

Cons

Insufficient group benefits package for regular full time employees

Great office culture

Great culture in the office. Very great team. Good vibes. Supportive leadership. Lots of support from other colliers marketing professionals and great networking opportunities.

Insights into Colliers

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Not a good experience.

No one has time to train you, since they are worried about their own workload. Management is non-existent. Lots of passive aggressive comments from the higher ups.

- great leaders within the business - great culture even with a hybrid work environment - HR team actually spends times listening to employees - see a long term career

Great company to start your career

As a fresh graduate it was a pleasure to work at Colliers. Learned a lot and worked with many good teams. Main disadvantage -> no many opportunities for future growth. But overall great place to work.

One of the best work cultures I've experienced to date!

I feel like I can completely be myself at Colliers and I'm never judged or punished for having a life outside of the company. If a family emergency comes up, I'm encouraged to put family first and not worry about work. I've received continual feedback regarding my performance both with what I've been doing well along with areas of improvement. My efforts are recognized and valued, while the company as a whole celebrates the wins together.

Pros

Company events; positive work environment; workplace flexibility; supported by management

Cons

Physical office could have better amenities

Great Resources From Colliers, A Culture Not For Everyone, Low Pay

Colliers international is a massive player in the real estate industry so the resources and technologies are second to none. The pay scale for employees is quite low compared to other firms in the market.

Good company

Good company. Lots of room for growth and support from all levels of management. Good work life balance, nice benefits and competitive payWould recommend

Would not want to work there again

It was an interesting place to work, much better for a male to work there than a female, as the environment is very female unfriendly. Nice to work in middle of downtown with many various escapes to different retail destinations.

Toxic

This is by far the worst place I have ever worked. Probably the most hostile people I have ever worked with. I had to go to HR when it got so bad. I felt attacked, for everything, and the management would cc everyone in the email when pointing out something negative about me. They were toxix, and even after I reported it to HR, it became even worse. They called me dramatic instead of addressing it. When I needed more clarification on a task, they would get mad at me for not understanding it. I was literally afraid to ask any questions. No one says hi to each other when they come to the office, and it’s the most uncomfortable, horrible environment I have ever been in. They would bombard you with heavy workloads and would only pick on you, but never acknowledge the good things you did. They seriously caused me to fall into a depression and I was afraid to even come to work. Do not work here. There is no room for advancement or support in achieving your goals. I thought this was normal and just the way of life in an office environment. Now I work with the best company ever with coworkers who are like best friends. Thank god I got out when I did.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Toxic environment

stressful

learn a lot, credential is a mandate requirement more than experienceStressful jobOverloaded workTake care of your own business cultureNo time to enjoy anything

Pros

free coffee

Cons

you'll need long hours to complete your tasks

Lack of training

No on boarding plan for new employees. Expected to jump in both feet with very minimal training and very little support. No work life balance. Expected to be online all hours.

Allowed to get on with the work needed.

I liked working for this company as keeping employee's informed was very important to me. They have an excellent training program of company procedures and job related.

Pros

Education

Cons

Economy condition at the moment.

Not Good

No support from management. Committed contract, but they did not honour. Integrity only applies to clients not staff. Great place to learn and grow. Best to move on after that.

Pros

Great place to learn

Cons

Watch your back

Easy going, fun place to work

Great company, good compensation, opportunity for advancement fun environment, great co-workers. Always felt like you could ask a question if you needed too. No question was silly. Flexible for time off if required, ability to work from home. Considerate and caring.

Pros

Easy going

Cons

Sometimes to simple

Outstanding Organization

Excellent management and culture. Great opportunities to do interesting work and get ahead in your career. Management is supportive of the organization and generally contribute to positive outcomes. Highly recommend this organization.

Pros

Management, advancement opportunities

Cons

Good company to work with

Management need better training. Some individuals are in positions they are not qualified for. The company as a whole is great with a lot of room to grow.

Diverse requirements

being an on-site property managment intern requored me to operade and set the systems within the building, of which there were many, thus my job was rarely the same thing in one day.

Pros

friendly co-workers, varied tasks

Cons

training heavy, and very detail-oriented - little to no mistakes

Fast-Paced Sales Environment

Fast-paced, sales environment. Provide excellent training and skill building for their employees. Collaborative culture. Involved in lots of charities which gives employees a sense if community. Not a lot of room to advance and grow.

Productive fast paced environment

Great place to work with a high learning curve in a fast-paced environment. Gret atmosphere of employees who encouraged each other through every process.

Fantastic company culture with opportunities to grow

Colliers International is a great place to work as management will help you grow and evolve within your position and will even encourage you to explaore opportunties that may reault in you leaving your current position. The company will cover education costs to increase your value as an employee. There is always room to grow at Colliers, you're not stuck in the same job you began in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colliers. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement