Colliers Project Leaders
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Colliers Project Leaders Employee Reviews

Canada25 reviews
Leadership needs work. Poor management style. Lack of communication between managers and employees. Senior leadership has limited experience working in other companies. No diversity or company culture to speak of. Huge staff turnover.
Official response from Colliers Project Leaders
10 March 2020
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Your comments aren't reflective of our company culture so we'd be very interested in talking to you to see what we can do to improve your employee experience. Please reach out to a member of the HR team at contacthr@colliersprojectleaders.com.
Here’s what I can tell you. The executive team is an egotistical group of old white men, with 1% of women making up the balance - most certainly for optics. Project managers are rewarded for working non-stop. Internal “leadership” training is cult-like. I know several colleagues who were dismissed for no reason as this company terminates exclusively “without cause”.
Pros
Cons
Poor leadership, poor culture, rewarding negative behaviour.
Good career growth path and challenging projects. Very business development oriented. Team collaboration is constructive. Lack of support from corporate services.
- Low employee morale.
- High staff turnover.

- Manager staff incompetent.

- Job description and what they sell you on the interview is a complete lie.

- Would not recommend to work for them.
Lower than industry pay. Management overbid on projects just to get contracts from client then leave it up to the employees to figure it all out, which including working extra hours without compensations and never get supports from managers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Company and brand is great, but the company enables bullies and allows SVP to lead thru fear. Thus creating a toxic environment and ideas are repressed. Highly skilled employees either conform or leave.
I worked for the company Colliers Project Leaders - CPL (old MHPM) for a few years so I know the management and CEO pretty well.

This Vancouver run office needs new management !! I feel embarrassed for not leaving earlier. They have big problems.

This is my observation:

- The lowest morale ever, you need to look over your shoulder every second.

- Management promotes a bully and toxic environment

- On average PM's and SPM's do not stay longer than 6 months, they either get fired or leave

- The VP's are sneaky, they do "confidential" surveys and fire people for telling what they don't like to hear. Very true guys believe me!

- They lied to me many times with small details, put me in front of a client and accused me of not doing my homework, instead of taking responsibility. Client found out the truth and stopped working with CPL.

- Forget about bonus, management find reasons to pay you nothing

- Undermine your confidence big time!
No opportunity to try new things or work on exciting projects. No culture exists because it is a constant revolving door of employees. If you don't fit into a specific mold they will lay you off, even though you may qualified to do the work. Upper management is not approachable and you have to go through your direct report to even speak with them. HR was often unprofessional and would talk loudly about other people in an open office environment. PM's get put through a boot camp, acting as if they are the highest power in regards to Project Management but it's things that any PM should already know.
No work ethics, lies everywhere and unrealistic expectations. Poor pay and terrible fake work culture. You are always under pressure to do what management wants and treat you like animals. Just stay away from this company.
I 'll work with Colliers for about 27 months. I admire the company culture, very supportive colleagues. I found it very easy to learn from every body.
Well, not that great. If you work less then 50 hours a week the VP will have a "sit down" with you, poor pay in that they talk about big bonuses , however they fall short (very short). When on vacation the expectation is you always have your computer and phone on and you ARE available.

Key to this company is the bottom line, you must Bill out 40 hours a week min, this is not possible if you take in all of the other non-billable work expectations, thus the 50 hour work week.

And yes, if you need to travel for projects (which you will need to), keep in mind that all travel is on the employees time, you either travel on weekends (Sundays) or after/before work hours.
Pros
The first week, you meet some good people
Cons
Don't work here. It's not a good place to work. There isn't much to like about this place, overworked, under paid and the culture is not what it is posted as.
Pros
There are no Pros
Cons
All the cons that typically come to mind
I regret working for this company because of the manager whom I worked under.

If you join after April you won't be eligible for the yearly bonus which they usually provide in the next calendar year. They will keep you wait till the following year.

If you don't want to travel to other places for work you will be threatened that you may lose your job by your manager.

No appreciation for APM level employees.
Pros
Great CEO
Cons
No career advancement
Once a good company has turned very bad. Local VPs lie through their teeth with broken promises. Promises of big bonuses to compensate for poor salary. No integrity. Will tell client what they want to hear and not what they need to hear. Stay away. If you ever worked there, don’t place them on your CV.
Pros
Cons
Management and low pay. Management are
it's a great place with many projects and professional team
with different types of projects to learn from and experience working within different teams at the company, one could claim being able to work with multicultural professionals.
Pros
working alongside highly qualified and experienced managers
Cons
low salary
Very stressful environment and work life balance is not encouraged by management.

Overloaded with projects at all times requiring you to work a lot more than the standard 40 hour work week. Expect to work after hours and weekends to move ahead in this company and be recognized by management.

The culture is very profit centered and PMs are not paid fairly for the hours and work they take on.

It is however a good stepping stone and provides good exposure to various projects. Colleagues are great and provide support when you need it but management needs work.
Pros
Fun projects at times, good colleagues
Cons
Long hours, no balance, poor pay
I have been working here less than a year and it's fun working here with super-supportive seniors, humorous environments, team building events, etc. Above all, working at Colliers, in various public and First Nation projects, satisfies the soul for doing something for the people!
Pros
Fun work Environment, Good Pay, Flexibility, Collaboration, Opportunity to Learn
Profit centered and poor salary
Less room for career advancement

Poor work, life balance

Cares more about senior management

Nice people and fun environment
I worked for many consulting firms and this is by far the best. The people and the corporate culture make you want to go to work in the morning and constantly better yourself.

Very flexible in terms of work life balance and very accommodating.

I would highly recommend this company to anyone who has ever considered a job in the field of project management or any other position within the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, excellent corporate culture, dedication to quality
Worked there for over two years, terrible and stressful projects, moved from one project to the next.
VP in Montreal is only obsessed with hiring.

Refused the minimum raise and lies about promises.

Fired 5 people in 3 months, they hire for a project and when it finishes they let people go if not before.

One star over all.
Pros
Can't think of one
Cons
Long hours, bad experience, bad VP in Montreal.
We have lots of social events outside of work that are enjoyable. Great company and great people. A typical day at work consists of booking travel for the CEO and VP's, initiating security clearances for new staff, creating and sending out performance surveys, ordering office supplies, couriering packages to other offices.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Colliers Project Leaders. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4