College of the Rockies

Working at College of the Rockies: Latest College of the Rockies Reviews

Canada9 reviews

Great place to work, staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Nice location, good facilities and resources. I would definitely recommend it to others.

Challenging and interesting instruction

I began instructing at the College in 2012 with no teaching experience, however I possessed a strong skill set with computers and a willingness to step outside my comfort zone and learn a new occupation. I began teaching with a seniors' computer class. Over the years more and more classes were added to my teaching schedule, which in many cases I completed online courses to bring my teaching skills up to date. I also prepared the training material to hand out to my students in order to ensure they had reference material at the end of classes. I was pleased to discover the enjoyment and ease of instructing, and creating all of the training material in a concise and easy to learn format.

Insights into College of the Rockies

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things

good place to work

good place to work as a student. Provide good hours and your schedule depends on classes. Good for resume work was light and had good coworkers. meeting people from several cultures

Good experience

I had a good time working here, even if it wasn't very long term employment. Pretty much my first work experience, and it was a great place to learn and build confidence.

College of the Rockies

Good place to work for those desiring a regular 8-4 job with benefits. Occasional opportunities to advance career but limited by the union. Mostly computer and admin work for unionized staff.

Pros

Friendly co-workers, College closed during Christmas break

Cons

Too unionized

Fair

I was exited to work at the college thinking that the establishment was a well know reputable place. After working there I réalisé that they are not as professional as I thought.

Pros

Big establishment

Cons

Big establishment

Union government job for the average mind

College of the Rockies is a steady employer for those who wish to follow instructions until they retire. The union hierarchy was unbearable when it came to technology. I revised processes that amounted a savings of over $40,000 per year, this secured my position and ensured no possibility of advancement as they tended to promote those that are incapable of action to management. All the good managers in marketing left shortly after my departure.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Entrenched union culture

typical day would be taking orders and serving customers a variety of cleaning tasks great (shorter) hours management is great hardest part was becoming familiar with the menu staff is all great to work with

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

College of the Rockies has been an amazing place for me to get my start in my career, I have learnt a lot from working here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of the Rockies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

College of the Rockies reviews by location

Learn about College of the Rockies in popular locations