College of the North Atlantic Employee Reviews

Good pay, but not good hours
Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 April 2018
Work at College of the North Atlantic is uncertain and not secure for most. Contracts are often offered for only short periods of time. It does pay well and have fairly good benefits. Management are excellent and care for the employees.
Fun Workplace
Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 March 2018
it was an enjoyable place to work. although it was through a swasp program, it still was a great place to work and the management were excellent and trustworthy.
Excellent institution
Instructor Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Burin, NL27 December 2017
Excellent and lovely place to work
Friendly colleagues and nice working environment
Highly respectful students and both the students and teachers respect each other and work in a good healthy environment.
Excellent work environment
Instructor Construction / Industrial Electrical (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL1 November 2017
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 3pm. there is an unpaid lunch of one hour so instructors are paid only 6 hours each day for a total 30 hour work week.
Pros
excellent work environment.
Cons
doing a great job required a lot of extra unpaid hours of work.
Welding instructor (Former Employee) –  Baie Verte, NL8 September 2017
Management and staff were easy to get along with and work load was manageable. Students were enjoyable and got along with me and fellow students. The equipment was very modern and kept in good repair.
Good work-term opportunity
Work-term Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 July 2017
The work-terms I had at the College of the North Atlantic were good opportunities. I got to learn some valuable information while gaining workplace experience.
A good starting off point for trying out overseas work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  QA5 June 2017
Good points: proximity for European and Asian travel, the salary is ok (although it has stayed the same but decreased steadily in value over the last few years with changes in currencies), a lot of people have great schedules allowing for excellent work/home balance. Bad points: no job security, overall disorganization, employer/employee relations are not very positive, no wage increases in over ten years, accommodations leave something to be desired, and the school for employee's children doesn't have a great reputation.
Average company
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL22 May 2017
Average company, good work hours. Great colleagues. Management could be present more. need to put employees first and accept advice, Government ran organization.
go for CNA student
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 February 2017
good job for a student at CNA it provides good work and a great environment for studying and doing your work. you will have to unlock and lock the lab as well as report anything that needs to be taken care of.
Great group of co-workers with opportunity to interact with a diverse group of students!
Instructor - OTT (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 September 2016
A typical day at work was getting in to get the class projects organized prior to student arrival.Instructing individuals with varied abilities the proper procedures to ensure safe handling and finished product were priority.My management gave me ample time and resources to accomplish this. My co-workers were all helpful in any way needed. The hardest part of my job was not seeing a student applying his or herself when I knew they could! The most enjoyable part was at the end of the block they students passed and thanked me for helping them through the process!
Pros
Good work hours!
Cons
Lower than industry pay scale.

Want to know more about College of the North Atlantic?

Ask a question
Student assistant job
Resident Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burin, NL30 August 2016
The job consisted of grinding multiple plates down for the Wave project in Lord's Cove, NL. Also used some SMAW welding and use of the oxy acetylene torch, The work was mostly independent and it was very interesting to be doing hands on work with something that was related to my trade.
Interesting place to work.
Functional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, NL16 April 2016
Learned a lot of new things there and was able to apply my knowledge to my position. Every day was a different adventure and I got to meet a lot of great people.
Good Place To Work
Accounting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Qatar20 March 2016
Overall, it is an excellent place to work overseas in Qatar, but wants to relocate to Canada. If I could for similar company in Canada, I would be very pleased.
Great school to be involved with
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarenville, NL11 March 2015
Teachers are great. Anyone will go out of the way for you and make sure you get the best out of your program. Overall this is a great place to go to school and I recommend to anyone who is thinking of going here to go.
Fun workplace
Chemistry Instructional Assistant / ABE (Former Employee) –  Labrador, Canada20 February 2015
Generally an interesting and focused work environment. Management was good and encouraged teachers to give of their best, co-workers were very friendly and accommodating. I leaned to adapt in different environments but the hardest part was the winter time, the cold temperatures out in Labrador. The best part was having a totally different setting to live and work and learn new things and new people.
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
Very cold
awesome place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL26 November 2014
This was an awesome experience. I completed my four week work term at this place and would highly recommend this as a great place to work. Unfortunately, they were not hiring at the time I completed this work term. While there I worked in the accounts payable department and found this to be a very fast paced area. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Good place to start my apprenticeship.
Heavy Equipment Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  stephenville, nl14 October 2014
Excellent place to start my apprenticeship, without the rush of industry, there was a lot of time, which allowed me to take my time and go through jobs with my journeymen and learn as much as possible.
Instrumentation & Process Control Instructor / Technologist
Instrumentation & Process Control Instructor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL10 January 2014
Operator/Maintenance of new Chemical Engineering Process Technology Plant.
Includes: Three Phase Oil Separation Trainerl, Gas Separator Trainer, Gas Absorption Trainer, Binary Distillation Tower Trainer, and a Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Trainer

Operator/Maintenance of Oil and Gas Production Facility can separate up to 500 barrels/24 hr.

Accreditation of Instrumentation & Controls Technician apprenticeship program.

Develop new course curriculum for DCS and PLC, Advanced Control Strategies programs.

Installation of Wireless modules and Control unit, calibration and testing.

Very rewarding and challenging.
Pros
Motivating people to step outside the box.
Cons
Working for government.
Highly recommend
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL8 January 2014
Excellent corporate culture, awesome place to work for.

Managers are easy to get along with, fellow employees, laid back but a lot of work gets done.
Excellent working environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Labrador City, NL5 December 2013
Challenging and fast paced work environment! Enjoyed working with the other staff and would love a full time permanent position in the educational environment.
Pros
Tasks are constantly changing and provide a professional challenge
Cons
No permanent positions available at this time.