College of the North Atlantic Employee Reviews

Fun people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 February 2019
Only worked here on a 2 week work term in the office doing some filing. People in the office were nice and they showed me what they could in a short amount of time.
Administrative, Clerical, Office setting
Clerk Typist III (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador9 January 2019
Looking for casual, part time employment.
I enjoyed my 19 year position at the College of the North Atlantic. this position gave me experience in various fields.
Fun workplace
Daycare worker (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley-Goose Bay, NL26 November 2018
Working with Kids, preparing Lunches, going outside for walks. Teaching the Children skills about Storytime and Activities we do.Taking the time to do projects together.
Pros
Days
Cons
Sick Kids
Positive Work Environment
Clerk Typist III (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 October 2018
Current position: A typical day at work involves every day clerical duties. Most of the work is very repetitive.

I have learned how to use company software, improved skills in Microsoft office programs, and have experience with working as a team.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the wonderful people in the office.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance in the company
Great School
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Placentia, NL16 May 2018
Great School. Instructors are knowledgeable for the most part. The shop areas are a complete disaster because everyone is too good too sweep. The tool crib looks like someone let off a hand grenade.
2 Years as a student campus assistant
Campus Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL30 April 2018
Working in student services has been a pleasure. the staff are very friendly and welcoming and will encourage you throughout your employment with the college.
excellent compensation
Faculty, Language Studies & Academics (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL17 April 2018
Worked as Faculty and went overseas for the excellent salary and overall benefits package. Workload was sometimes heavy but manageable. Downside was the management from Newfoundland and too much nepotism.
Good pay, but not good hours
Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 April 2018
Work at College of the North Atlantic is uncertain and not secure for most. Contracts are often offered for only short periods of time. It does pay well and have fairly good benefits. Management are excellent and care for the employees.
Fun Workplace
Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 March 2018
it was an enjoyable place to work. although it was through a swasp program, it still was a great place to work and the management were excellent and trustworthy.
Excellent institution
Instructor Chemistry (Former Employee) –  Burin, NL27 December 2017
Excellent and lovely place to work
Friendly colleagues and nice working environment
Highly respectful students and both the students and teachers respect each other and work in a good healthy environment.
Excellent work environment
Instructor Construction / Industrial Electrical (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL1 November 2017
A typical work day starts at 8am and ends at 3pm. there is an unpaid lunch of one hour so instructors are paid only 6 hours each day for a total 30 hour work week.
Pros
excellent work environment.
Cons
doing a great job required a lot of extra unpaid hours of work.
Welding instructor (Former Employee) –  Baie Verte, NL8 September 2017
Management and staff were easy to get along with and work load was manageable. Students were enjoyable and got along with me and fellow students. The equipment was very modern and kept in good repair.
Good work-term opportunity
Work-term Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL27 July 2017
The work-terms I had at the College of the North Atlantic were good opportunities. I got to learn some valuable information while gaining workplace experience.
Average company
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL22 May 2017
Average company, good work hours. Great colleagues. Management could be present more. need to put employees first and accept advice, Government ran organization.
go for CNA student
Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 February 2017
good job for a student at CNA it provides good work and a great environment for studying and doing your work. you will have to unlock and lock the lab as well as report anything that needs to be taken care of.
Great group of co-workers with opportunity to interact with a diverse group of students!
Instructor - OTT (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL14 September 2016
A typical day at work was getting in to get the class projects organized prior to student arrival.Instructing individuals with varied abilities the proper procedures to ensure safe handling and finished product were priority.My management gave me ample time and resources to accomplish this. My co-workers were all helpful in any way needed. The hardest part of my job was not seeing a student applying his or herself when I knew they could! The most enjoyable part was at the end of the block they students passed and thanked me for helping them through the process!
Pros
Good work hours!
Cons
Lower than industry pay scale.
Student assistant job
Resident Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burin, NL30 August 2016
The job consisted of grinding multiple plates down for the Wave project in Lord's Cove, NL. Also used some SMAW welding and use of the oxy acetylene torch, The work was mostly independent and it was very interesting to be doing hands on work with something that was related to my trade.
Interesting place to work.
Functional Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stephenville, NL16 April 2016
Learned a lot of new things there and was able to apply my knowledge to my position. Every day was a different adventure and I got to meet a lot of great people.
Great school to be involved with
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Clarenville, NL11 March 2015
Teachers are great. Anyone will go out of the way for you and make sure you get the best out of your program. Overall this is a great place to go to school and I recommend to anyone who is thinking of going here to go.
Fun workplace
Chemistry Instructional Assistant / ABE (Former Employee) –  Labrador, Canada20 February 2015
Generally an interesting and focused work environment. Management was good and encouraged teachers to give of their best, co-workers were very friendly and accommodating. I leaned to adapt in different environments but the hardest part was the winter time, the cold temperatures out in Labrador. The best part was having a totally different setting to live and work and learn new things and new people.
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
Very cold