College of New Caledonia

Working at College of New Caledonia: Latest College of New Caledonia Reviews

Canada32 reviews

Amazing workplace with incredible staff and team.

This institute strives to create excellence without a lot of the fluff and unnecessary lag. Great team and management. A pleasure to have been a member.

Secure job with decent benefits and opportunity to move around. Underpaid for technical work. Union is not very effective. Few women in leadership.

Fellow employees are generally great, middle management is a lot of "yes" people, but rarely have their employees backs, are not good at recognizing when staff are over worked, and do not offer support or do adequate hiring. They do support PD, and the benefits are good. Overtime is rarely expected. Management often has no concept of your actual work and Executive has high expectations--management doesn't prioritize, just pass on the message of what has to be done, regardless of how much you already have on your list.

Pros

benefits, stability, other employees, hours

Cons

underpaid, overworked, poor management

Insights into College of New Caledonia

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

A friendly and comfortable place to work

Having great communication with my manager made the work environment a healthy, positive experience. I was given the flexibility of starting and finishing my shifts within a time frame. My manager was a personable, empathetic and professional individual. I am terribly sad that I had to leave due to moving elsewhere in BC!

Pros

Friendly, approachable environment; great pay

Best place to work

I love working at CNC. I am proud to be an employee of the CNC. They provide professional development programs and it is helping me to grow educationally and professionally. This is my first workplace after getting education and I can't think of a better workplace than this.

Pros

PD and helath benefits

Supportive work environment

Great place to work and rewarding to teach, but a lot of interpersonal drama goes on, making it a stressful work environment. Union needs to do more to protect unprofessional interactions, bullying etc.

not a lot pay but fun place to work at.

Hard to get a full-time perm position. if teach the first time, a lot of overhead time to prep. it gets better if you teach it again. Pay is not great, but work with students is fun. You always got to work with different minds.

Very racist organization

If you are First Nation don't waste your time. It is all about money here. They cater only to the international Asian and black markets and give them favourable treatment. Also b

Pros

Cons

Racist

Was asked to apply on line

Very much enjoyed the work, the challenges, the staff and the students. This was all very much a new learning experience. Everyday included fast paced work of all types of duties and responsibilities. The management and staff were very helpful and patient in teaching me especially since all days were different.

Great workplace

Lots of opportunities to gain teaching experience as well as available funding to upgrade & continue my own education. CNC has ample services to aid both students & faculty with navigating resources, services & technology as needed.

Great Place

Every semester is different. Working with students/international students is always gratifying and frustrating. Over all a great place to be every day.

Complete gongshow

Absolutely a terrible, very political, backstabbing place of employment, right from the president , and human recourses down to managers. Pathetic place of employment where you are on your own. It’s not who you know, it’s who you blow.

Pros

Free weight room access

High Recommendation

I have been priviledged to work under a great regional principal, executive branch and union. I quite enjoyed all the people I got to work alongside. Inclusive of all current and prospective students, partners and communities. I couldn't speak more highly of all the staff as they are truly invested in education and student success. There is room to learn and to grow. There is room to advance and to move between campuses, etc.

student

Teachers have lowered their curriculum to facilitate those who do not speak English. Education at CNC is substandard. Their programs are not "user friendly schedules or offerings. The homeless people wander through the college to stay warm, pass out, and urinate on the chairs, shoot up in the bath room. Secretarial staff are horrendous to deal with.

teaching

I enjoyed teaching my students all of what I know in the steel trades industry. it was a good experience over all the problem with the job was the lack of funding to continue the course . some of my students still call for advice and to let me know how it is going

Pros

helping others to achive their goals and dreams in life

Cons

not a full time job due to lack of funding for the course

Provides educational opportunities to staff and students

CNC is an employer that believes in the education and professional development of their staff and students. Staff is encouraged to participate in life long learning opportunities

ótimo College

pessoas que sempre se preocupam com o seu crescimento pessoal e profissional.

Pros

Estrutura

Inexperienced Management team

A very weak corporate culture for executive and management. It has a high amount of people off on leave with majority not related to medical or sickness

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Poor communication

Area de aprendizaje

A pesar de haber estado en otro país la cultura, especialmente en el colegio, con personas de otro país, es muy agradable ademas de que los programas escolares están guiados a personas de otro país.

loved to be there

one of the best institution in BC. Employees and faculties are kind and friendly. They made everything easy, learned a lot from them. It has exceptionally good multicultural atmosphere.

CNC is a great place to work & learn!

The College of New Caledonia is a great place to work. Always a team approach! Professional, fun, exciting, fulfilling. Most enjoyable part of the job is being part of seeing students succeed.

I love to study here and work here

I am a student of cnc college and learned many things which I have a zero knowledge about. I have worked on real equipments and learned configuring devices.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College of New Caledonia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement