College of New Caledonia

College of New Caledonia Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Very much enjoyed the work, the challenges, the staff and the students. This was all very much a new learning experience. Everyday included fast paced work of all types of duties and responsibilities. The management and staff were very helpful and patient in teaching me especially since all days were different.
Hard to get a full-time perm position. if teach the first time, a lot of overhead time to prep. it gets better if you teach it again. Pay is not great, but work with students is fun. You always got to work with different minds.
If you are First Nation don't waste your time. It is all about money here. They cater only to the international Asian and black markets and give them favourable treatment. Also b
Pros
Cons
Racist
Lots of opportunities to gain teaching experience as well as available funding to upgrade & continue my own education. CNC has ample services to aid both students & faculty with navigating resources, services & technology as needed.
Every semester is different. Working with students/international students is always gratifying and frustrating. Over all a great place to be every day.
Absolutely a terrible, very political, backstabbing place of employment, right from the president , and human recourses down to managers. Pathetic place of employment where you are on your own. It’s not who you know, it’s who you blow.
Pros
Free weight room access
Cons
I have been priviledged to work under a great regional principal, executive branch and union. I quite enjoyed all the people I got to work alongside. Inclusive of all current and prospective students, partners and communities. I couldn't speak more highly of all the staff as they are truly invested in education and student success. There is room to learn and to grow. There is room to advance and to move between campuses, etc.
Teachers have lowered their curriculum to facilitate those who do not speak English. Education at CNC is substandard. Their programs are not "user friendly schedules or offerings. The homeless people wander through the college to stay warm, pass out, and urinate on the chairs, shoot up in the bath room. Secretarial staff are horrendous to deal with.
Pros
I enjoyed teaching my students all of what I know in the steel trades industry. it was a good experience over all the problem with the job was the lack of funding to continue the course . some of my students still call for advice and to let me know how it is going
Pros
helping others to achive their goals and dreams in life
Cons
not a full time job due to lack of funding for the course
CNC is an employer that believes in the education and professional development of their staff and students. Staff is encouraged to participate in life long learning opportunities
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at College of New Caledonia?
pessoas que sempre se preocupam com o seu crescimento pessoal e profissional.
Pros
Estrutura
A very weak corporate culture for executive and management. It has a high amount of people off on leave with majority not related to medical or sickness
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Poor communication
A pesar de haber estado en otro país la cultura, especialmente en el colegio, con personas de otro país, es muy agradable ademas de que los programas escolares están guiados a personas de otro país.
one of the best institution in BC. Employees and faculties are kind and friendly. They made everything easy, learned a lot from them. It has exceptionally good multicultural atmosphere.
The College of New Caledonia is a great place to work. Always a team approach!
Professional, fun, exciting, fulfilling. Most enjoyable part of the job is being part of seeing students succeed.
I am a student of cnc college and learned many things which I have a zero knowledge about. I have worked on real equipments and learned configuring devices.
My job was contractual. I have attempted to get in there full time, but it is difficult in a unionized environment where people have bumping rights.

I would definitely work for CNC again. The environment is very friendly and they promote self improvement and advancement.

I worked with diverse people who were all very pleasant and friendly.
Pros
Great people and flexible schedule with other part time job hours
Cons
Difficulty getting into a full time job there.
My time there was amazing. I learnt and sharpened many new and old skills in science and technology. I believe that I am ready to take on bigger roles in a laboratory because of them.
Pros
experience and knowledge learned
Cons
Not paid, or full time
I found everyone I came into contact with very friendly, and my time here was a great experience. I hope to find full-time employment here in the future.
Great co-workers, great communication. The atmosphere is amazing. There is no better place to work.
Routine start up and shut down of a packaged firetube boiler, and regular water and safety checks.

Learn the safe and efficient operation of a packaged boiler.

The most enjoyable part was getting to know the great people there and learning the fundamentals on how to run a boiler.
Pros
Knollagable Chief