College Pro Employee Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding Environment that lets you grow as an Individual!
Franchisee Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 April 2018
Working for College Pro as a franchisee had me work in a fast paced environment that required well designed schedule and high work ethic. Having your employees counting on you, built pressure so some weeks were quite stressful. The cool part about College Pro Franchisee role is that as time goes by and you learn how to properly time manage and problem solve, and you get used to maintain good work ethic with 70 hour weeks at work, no problem is too big to solve.

The culture at College Pro is what keeps it above other competitors and other companies in general. We worked as a team to solve any problems that arose, and spent much time on conferences together.

Manager was knowledgeable and always there to assist if you had any questions or were uncertain how to problem solve a particular issue.

The hardest part of the job was certainly trying to balance personal life and work, and by the end of the year, you become so good at time management and planning that looking at other people complaining not having time when they have a full time job is quite funny when you learn to enjoy life while you invest about 70 hours a week into your business.

All the hard work is worth it at the end, as you truly come out with priceless management experience that allows you to bring many valuable skills to any other job you will be doing following College Pro and your life in general.
Pros
Learning to time manage professionally, building strong work ethic, management skills
Cons
Very high work load, can be stressful at times, not suitable for procrastinators
Great summer job
Exterior Painter (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg14 April 2018
Completed exterior residential painting. A typical day would consist of scraping sanding priming painting and interactions with a customer. This job very fairly compensated as my partner and i improved as painters. We began to beat most budgets and get paid more for our work as the summer went on. On top of that, by completing quality job and having a positive interaction with the customer, we would frequently receive fair tips for our work. My boss was fair and organized. In this position i learned how to properly complete an exterior paint job, how to interact with a customer, and how to have an organized plan to complete a project. This job has a good workplace culture, i enjoyed working with the people involved, and we had team events occasionally. The hardest part of the job is the physical work, however it is a rewarding feeling when the job is completed.
Pros
Fun, good people, enjoyable work, good pay
Cons
hard physical work
Awesome experience!
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg14 April 2018
A place where I grew my own knowledge and skill at managing a workplace and dealing with people. Painting was a lot of fun, but can be very tiring. College Pro's culture was awesome and seeing my franchisee do what he did inspired me to take on the same role. I felt constantly motivated to better myself as a painter, and was able to make more money doing so. I did become pretty independent by the end of the summer, though I felt my manager could have done better with organization.
Pros
Learned a lot, meaningful work, made good money
Cons
Franchisee's organization could have been better (I say this with love)
Great summer position for students
Painter (Former Employee) –  winnipeg, mb14 April 2018
A typical day entails scraping, sanding, priming and painting of exterior residential homes. Is great for anyone who is looking to work outside during the summer with friends. Having the ability to earn more if you work harder and push yourself to learn and grow. Management is great, clear communication and expectations are set and they push to develop you into independent workers. This is great for people who strive for responsibility and take pride in their work.

An overall great place to work for a summer, would recommend.
Pros
work outside with friends, independence
Cons
your hands are always covered in paint.
we can learn more about sales,customers and accounts.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 April 2018
it's a really good company to grow as a business person. Business culture is really good.People are helpful, Moreover door to door strategies was made on continuous bases
environnement agréable
Peintre (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC11 March 2018
j'ai apprécier travailler pour collège pro, car les employer étaient agréable à côtoyer
CPP - Get ready for a rollercoaster
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC14 February 2018
In the words of Elon Musk - "starting a business is like eating glass and staring into the abyss" This is a fantastic summation for what it is like to be a franchise manager at College Pro. It is an absolute grind, and a rollercoaster from start to finish, but it is the best and most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life. If you have the opportunity to be an FM with CPP, you need to take it.
Didn't mind the work, poor management
Painter (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 February 2018
I enjoyed the work itself, but the people that we're in charge of everything we're not very fair to myself and the others in my crew, which resulting in us all leaving the company.
Pros
Fun work, good hours, good people on jobsites
Cons
Bad management, not very good pay
Changed My Life
Senior Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ON25 January 2018
I would not be where I am today without College Pro. It has truly changed my life and made me who I am today. It is truly the "real world MBA" and instead of going into debt learning you make more than everyone your age.
Massive development capacity
FRANCHISE OWNER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2018
College Pro allowed me to pursue a leadership life style on a new level. I have developed supportive and creative friendships with like minded high performing people.
With experience dealing with the college pro brand and meeting some of the managers, i dont see how anyone could do it better
Exterior painting project manager (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC15 January 2018
My experience with college pro has been amazing. unlike any other contractor, they arent worried about profit or finishing the job quickly, instead they focus on how to treat the customer, work independently and confidently at what they do. There is no company i would trust more to cover my house in paint than college pro painters
Pros
Would bring me coffee, nicest people ever, great service, great paint job
Cons
they work really long hours because they are motivated so let them know when you need quiet time
Good summer job
Marketer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 January 2018
Basically a good job for summer student without heavy study. Lots of field work so be prepared for sunshine and mosquito. Easy to apply, almost no requirements need. Good experience for some customer service. Paid by lead, which sucks if you get nothing for a 4-hour walk. Overall, fair experience for a first job.
Great place to start
Painter (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC9 January 2018
As my first job as a painter, I learned the process of a successful project, along with the basic skills for exterior repaints from prep work to finishing.
Poor Management
Painter (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON3 January 2018
Overall I had fun painting and working for college pro. However the management and supervision could have been improved. Was often late on getting paid and there was very poor communication between the manager and I.
Pros
Very flexible on leaving early for certain reasons and working with my schedule
Cons
was very hard to get a hold of manager and never got paid on time.
Very fun and interactive job tasks. Hiring at different locations creates great exposure!
Painter (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 December 2017
Working at college pro painters was a very good experience in different aspects of my life. A typical day would start by a drive to the job which was something i was always enthusiastic about. Our job tasks included scraping, paving and painting with different brushes.I learnt a lot about time management and good leadership skills through my leader. However sometimes we got our paychecks late.
Pros
You learn while you earn
Cons
Sometimes franchise owners are not honest to the employees
Poor budgeting and unsafe work conditions.
Painter/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC20 December 2017
You are encouraged to "beat the budget", but more often than not, this proves to be mathematically impossible. My boss had hardly any more experience than I did with painting houses (I had none). This is the biggest complaint: we were not properly trained on safety harnesses, and we were encouraged to work on the roof barefoot in order to avoid falling. I was not comfortable in this work environment. I didn't feel like there was anyone competent to whom I could answer.
Pros
Working outside.
Cons
Unsafe, poor pay, inadequate equipment.
Overall experience
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Aurora, Ontario13 December 2017
When I first joined College Pro as a franchisee, I didn’t really know what to expect, I was a painter the previous year but other then that I really didn’t have a clear feeling for it. Once I became I franchisee I quickly learned that it doesn’t matter who you are or what your story is if you come willing to work hard and give it your all everyday College Pro has the coaches, experience and skills to make your goals happen.
Pros
Be your own boss
Cons
Have to make sacrifices
Wild skill development, great training, great culture! WOULD RECOMMEND A++
FRANCHISE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2017
College Pro was something I looked into skeptically as a young university student. I was looking for something to work at aside from school that would build my skills in a different more hands-on way. When I started the interview process for this role I realized very quickly that this program offered a lot of skill development and that I was onto something that would change the trajectory of my life. After 4 years of working with them I am still here and happy with all of the personal work I have done on myself to make me a better entrepreneur and a better person. I wouldn't have grown half as much by now without the intensive coaching I have got through the program. I am happy to say that this has been a good chapter in my life and this program has given me the mindset I needed to be a successful entrepreneur in the real world with my own ideas. For the right fit-- this job is an unparalleled stepping stone for the future, with low-risk for an excited future entrepreneur looking for the hands-on knowledge on how to run a business and master yourself personally.
Pros
Great team culture, great training, autonomy, skill development
Cons
A lot of hours
Great growth and learning environment
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 October 2017
Had some of the best years of my life working in this environment. Loved the challenges, colleagues i worked with, coaches and mentors. It was by far the toughest thing i ever did, but also rewarding!
fun place
Painter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2017
opening and cash
learned to help customers
learned cash maagemtn
calm clean comfortable environment to work in
lefting 60 lbs
closing the shop on own

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro. Our community is ready to answer.