College Pro

College Pro Employee Reviews

Canada264 reviews
the work environment is really what you make it. sometimes you have a great team with you and other times you are alone; working on a project. enmrlanf\
I loved painting and working with my co-workers, but it was often frustrating because we were getting paid through piece work only. There is so much more to the job than just painting and prepping houses. There are crew moves and paint orders and client interactions that I don't feel I was fairly compensated for doing.
Pros
make your own hours
Work day would start at 8:00am, drive to the job site, work until job is finished, drive to the next job and finish that job and so on. I learned a great deal of marketing and making good client relationships. Management could have been better, more communication would have helped. The job itself was very easy, hardest part was being on a ladder 20feet up. Most enjoyable part was being in the sun all day.
You're running your own business. So how profitable/successful you are is up to you. You'll learn a lot and College Pro will give you lots of tools and resources to succeed to the best of you abilities. It really is what you make of it though.
Pros
travel and activities
College Pro is a great way of getting started in painting/decorating, they include teaching on the job with feedback and encouragement to ensure that you satisfy customers.
Fun learning experience, not a bad summer job for university students who enjoy physical labor and maybe thinking of running their own business. Lots of team bonding experiences and opportunities.
Managers in charge didn't do a good job teaching and because of that you were ill prepared for almost all jobs. Other than the minimum wage it was hard to beat unfair quotes to get extra income.
I don’t think they are a company anymore. Hardest financial stress of my life. Not for the faint of heart.

I’m just glad I made it out without hurting anyone.
Only worked this job for 3 weeks, but it paid well and was physically rewarding. My manager was not qualified to manage, but the pay was worth it. It seemed like a fairly informal job.
Typical day at work was really simple, just paint and paint fast. Felt really happy with how much I was getting paid because it was piece-wise rate. However the reason I would never come back or recommend this to a friend is because they hire just about anyone to be franchisees. My franchisee was very unprofessional when I asked him to hire another painter and only hired subcontractors. Whats the point of being college pro if all they hire is a bunch of middle aged men who don't know how to handle clients on their own? Where's the "college" in college pro? He didn't want to hire students because he got tired of training them, and after they all quit I was left out to dry until I eventually quit. I've been begging him for my T4 and STILL haven't recieved my taxes. They're overdue. Oh and getting paid on time (fridays) was a luxury... Half the time direct deposit didn't work and I had to bother him until I even got paid. So unprofessional. Would never ever come back again, and I highly advice others in making the same choice.
The average day consists of walking up to a house, advertising the companies services, then doing it all again. Although the process may get repetitive, there were rarely times where boredom was present.
In a working day at college pro, we produce a lot and quickly. We also had a lot of fun with the work team. They are planned and organized. You learn to paint exterior and interior. And each day is in a different place in the city. It is a very fun and dynamic job.
Ended up having to pay an addition $12,000 in taxes because of their poor mentoring regarding all the tax laws about being a small business. For a kid in university, this was an awful experience and now I'm screwed with the government too. Thanks for making my first time owning a business the worst experience of my life. You take royalty fees but don't actually help your managers. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS GARBAGE COMPANY.
Was part of a good crew, always ended up finishing jobs early and worked constantly. My boss treated us right and with respect and rewarded us for our hard work which was good. Great job for a high school student or a university student looking to pick up part time work.
It is a great summer job where you will make friends, learn a trade, and make money at an autonomous rate. You will work as part of a team, and how much you get paid is based on how hard you are willing to work.
This job was a mess right from the get-go. Very unorganized, and not worth minimum wage for the work that was being done. Can be dangerous too, as I almost fell off a ladder at a high distance. Would not recommend.
worked here in the summer time, it was okay I just hated going door to door every morning at 8am and asking people if they wanted to get their windows cleaned
now that college pro is owned by a different company, I don't know how working with the company would be now, it was fun while I was there though, so go for it guess.
My experience at college pro was disappointing. My and my coworker both quit at the same time as our "manager" was unbearably rude and demanding. In the interview, I was told we would market once or twice a week and we ended up going practically every day sometimes for up to 6-8 hours, and to which it was also failed to mention we only get paid 10$/hour for. Instead of lying about what the job is going to be like just let us actually know as employees?? I also experienced them many times skip multiple windows on a clients house because they were too lazy to get a ladder out and the customer wasn't home. Not only did they short me and my coworker 20+ hours EACH on our final paystub after we left, but they were rude and accused us of lying and the issue had to be brought up with higher management, saying we hadn't met our quote, meanwhile they were boasting 2 weeks earlier about how we were beating our budget every-time.
Pros
working outside
Cons
inaccurate pay and ungrateful employers
one of the best experiences of my life but if you don't absolutely work your but off and work long hours you can easily loose money is this job but if you find your stride and you push hard enough you can make a lot of money too. The culture is very much work hard play hard and the coaches constantly help you progress yourself as a person!
working for college pro was fun and helped me learn ballot of useless skills to put toward my future employment endeavors, I am glad I got the opportunity to work for this company