College Pro Window Cleaning Employee Reviews

College Pro Window Cleaning
Window & Eaves Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2019
- Well managed each day felt organized and structured
- Friendly and collaborative work environment allowing all employees to succeed
- All aspects of the job conducted in concise and professional manner
Pros
Working Outside in the sun
Cons
Travelling to Toronto
Don't do it
Summer Position Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2019
waste of time, made no money, pyramid scheme.

You won't get paid for the time you spend driving around from site to site. Which means you make $100 or less everyday while you boss makes all the money. Mine stole my tip's.... Seriously don't do it.
Pros
outdoor work if you like that
Cons
everything else
Excellent Summer Job
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 January 2019
The franchisee/manager you work with can really make or break your experience, but I was fortunate and worked with a wonderful manager. It was just her and me, and we'd meet around 7:30am to carpool to clients' houses around the city. You learn to problem solve and think on your feet, as well as manage your time well so you are both efficient and effective in cleaning. It's so satisfying to see the difference you can make, even if it's transforming one window from being coated in dirt to being spotless. I enjoyed working outside and getting lots of fresh air during the summer, and so many clients had pets that you could interact with when you cleaned interior windows. Very rarely did we encounter unpleasant clients, but even then, you don't really have to deal with them as the window cleaning tech --just do a good job and move on to the next place. The hardest part for me was conquering a fear of heights and spiders, but it was rewarding to do so.
The only downside is that the job is really vulnerable to seasonality --there are lots of jobs available in April and May, but by August it seriously dies down and it's difficult to get many hours; you can go from working pretty much full-time, 40 hours a week, to less than 10 a week by the end.
Other than that, it was a fantastic experience and I'd happily go back.
Pros
Working outside, relaxed and productive culture, run by fairly young people who are easy to get along with
Cons
Large disparity between hours available at the beginning of the season and the end
fun and nice work enviornment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON23 January 2019
the enivornemnt of college pro was great as most of the people working there are in university so they are professional but also fun to be around. the way they pay per project can be a very good thing but it depends on the budget that was set at the beginning of the job and doesent taking into account unforeseen factors
Great experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2018
Very good experience if you want to learn a lot about working with clients first hand and understanding need to be fulfilled. Great time scheduling. Overall great experience
Horrible job security for making money
Window Cleaner (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 October 2018
Your money making for a summer job is strictly relying on a Manager who is also a student and learning. Therefore, when your manager is not well trained/not good at getting clients and jobs, the other employees must suffer. NO money was made (only worked/had jobs until JUNE), the days were broken up and we had hour breaks in between that were UNPAID--> this means 10 hour days only 6 hours paid etc. It is unfair to people trying to desperately find a full-time job because their school year DEPENDS on it, and you get pulled into something that you will not thrive in. I ended up having to go to my old job, driving over an hour to work, as I could not go without a job. I would never recommend college pro, as it is unorganized with no job security once so ever. To improve this company, the professionals should be helping the new managers get jobs for their team. It should be part of their responsibility, because if they don't do that, what is really their purpose. I'm just overall extremely upset about how last summer went.
Pros
work with people your age
Cons
unfair pay, horrible hours, ended early into summer.
Terrible
Managing Franchisee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2018
You'll end up in debt. Big corporation taking advantage of young, naive students. The load of work compared to the return on investment is greatly imbalanced. Not enough guidance from "coaches" and franchisee "advisors". Overall a poor experience.
Poorly managed but good times with coworkers
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 August 2018
The team dynamic was really great except for the payday days and days after since the pay was almost always late. I made great friends with my coworkers and the work wasn't the worst on the labour job scale. Some of the clients were really nice and others really bad but it was to be expected.
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Long/unpredictable hours, late pay, poor time organization
Call retension specialist
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 July 2018
Was a good idea to work as when you are a busy student. Hours super flexible and easy to work as when you are in university. Would reccomed, good experience
Not a great company unless you're desperate for starting job
Labourer, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON17 May 2018
You never know what hours you might be working, or if you will be working enough hours to get a comfortable paycheck. Even then, the paychecks might never be what you expect them to be since pay-scheme is flawed.
Horrible
Crew Foreman/Window Cleaner/Estimator (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 May 2018
was working 90+ hours a week and paid for maybe 25 after they changed the payment details a day after we all got hired. Manager was hospitalized so i took over and was given nothing in exchange for all the extra work.
Great place for business development.
Franchisee College Pro (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON14 March 2018
Coaches do a great job at keeping you motivated and up to date on all activities. Overall a great place to work and develop.

I went into this company attempting to develop my communication and business skills. The cold calling and lead attainment skills that I developed through my business processes are skills that I will not be able to unlearn.
Fun and interesting
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
The days at CollegePro were interesting. Almost every day was different as the clients were always changing and so the locations of our work did as well. Everyone on our staff had their own story and for the most part were all very decent and kind people. This job, while temporary, was a very worthwhile experience.
Great place for students to find summer work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2018
I worked at College Pro for only a single summer but was able to make enough money as an assistant manager/franchisee to afford the University lifestyle throughout my semester. You're able to set your own hours, and success comes down to the amount of work you're willing to put in.
Great opportunity for anyone looking to gain business experience
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 December 2017
In a typical day you would manage a small window cleaning team during the day, and a small marketing team in the evenings. You learn a large amount of business experience as you running your own business. Hours are very long, and the work is very hard so it is not for everyone, but it's a great way to build very valuable business experience, and make some good money while you're at it.
Pros
Great student environment, great experience
Cons
Long hours, a lot of work
College Pro Was a great company and experience to have went through.
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 September 2017
I'm very grateful to have been given the opportunity to have worked with such bright, amazing people from College Pro. Working here has provided me with new business insights to the way corporate workplaces operate and I appreciate every opportunity that has been given to me.
motivating
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
- learned a lot
- challenging
- physically challenging
- work hard play hard culture
- can make a lot of money if you put in a lot of time
- there are people to help you
Good overall experience opportunity
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 July 2017
A good place to start out for entrepreneurial and business experience, while having good, fun company culture. Learn how to run a small business across a wide range from hiring and training, to team management and marketing/sales.
I was a franchise manager
Franchise Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 June 2017
The effectiveness of CPWC in your area varies. Their marketing strategies and methods were clearly a product of their origins. If you don't live in or get assigned to a territory with dense suburbs, this company is unlikely to work well for you.
Awesome culture and great work expierence
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Guelph/Eramosa, ON6 March 2017
College Pro gives you great work experience while keeping it interesting with a great company culture.

Through College Pro I have met a great group of entrepreneurs and some life time friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at College Pro Window Cleaning. Our community is ready to answer.