Collega Aveda Employee Reviews

Worst Job I’ve Ever Had
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 February 2019
The persistent pattern of emotional and mental abuse at this location is overwhelming. Not only to staff but to students as well. The director is mentally unstable and Needs to be let go.

The problems do not end in location. Their is corruption all the way up to head office. Their is no one to talk to if you are mistreated in any way.

Do not go to this school. And do not work here.
Cons
Low pay, constant emotional and verbal abuse
Productive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
It was a fun and productive work space. Helping clients coordinate their spa services and helping them time manage. I learned that there are alot of different clients that enjoy the same spa services.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
early mornings
Work life balance and fun place to work at
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2017
I love Aveda and the people in the EC location.
My manager was the best. She always treated us like her family. Very understanding and completely believes in work life balance. Aveda products are a bonus.
Pros
Flexible hours, great management, great environment, team work
Cons
Not enough opportunities
Negative Environment
Educator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2017
This company does not put their employees or students first. They make promises they do not keep. The faculty is over-worked and underpaid. You will work overtime and not be paid appropriately for it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students, however the way they are treated is unethical. They are taught the Collega way of cutting/coloring and selling product and are not properly equipped once they complete the program. They do not offer a well rounded education and look for ways to cut costs as well as, charge students more after tuition dues are met. I would not recommend this school for employment or education.
This company is shady and beware before you jump on board
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2017
I was hired on with promises galore, taken in with all of there talk about Aveda culture and balance. HOWEVER that all changed when I saw the owners nephews (one in particular, the one that runs all Civello locations) and HR sit around basically daily referring to staff as "s&*t heads" and planning one by one who they would be firing and when and how to possibly drive them out. I should have realized then I would not be exempt from this kind of treatment. They use people, they are defenitly biased as in if you don't get along with a "favorite" of theirs you are out.
Pros
The beginning is great (when they get you comfortable and make it seem like a dream job)
Cons
Favourtisim, no job security, no support, no coaching, fire without reason or grounds
fantastic coporate culture
Guest Services Representative/ Makeup Artist Aveda (Current Employee) –  North York, ON7 March 2017
I have been with Collega Aveda for nearly a year. I have worked/currently work in guest services, Frontline and mkp at various Civello locations and most recently, as "resident artist" at Aveda Experience Centers. The environment is highly creative, there's always something going on. For anyone even remotely interested in the world of hair and beauty, this is a great "tribe" to be part of. There are few (if any!) companies in this industry that offer, in my opinion, so many opportunities to explore various roles. I saw some negative reviews posted above but my experience has been overwhelmingly positive - I have been encouraged to explore my talents & interests and have found management to be encouraging and supportive.
Pros
perks galore! lots of Aveda products, corporate fundraising events, discounted (occasionally free!) hair and spa services, opportunity to explore different roles
A great job
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2014
A typical day at work would be sitting at my desk and answering all my emails or traveling between the different locations making sure everything was 100%. Everyday was a new challenge, i would have receive emails daily from a different location with a problem that needed to be solved by me or a contractor. The most enjoyable part of working at this company was the work environment and how they treated every employee like it was one big family.
Pros
work environment, hours, travel time
Amazing culture
Sales manager (Current Employee) –  Canada5 July 2016
Great company with great company values.
Entrepreneurial leadership in a large company that cares about the growth and success of its employees
Pros
Culture passion leadership