colemans food centre

colemans food centre Management reviews

Canada19 reviews

Clear

Fun workplace

Its pretty good I mean the pay is fine some of the girls there arent as nice the atmosphere is amazing tho cant go wrong with that wish there were more guy cashier's

Cons

Not paid lunch

Harassment throughout the entire store

Harassment isn’t taken seriously, and if you complain about it, it gets ignored. Management is a joke and HR doesn’t care enough to help.The higher up the position, the less work is done. The part time staff are expected to do the work of supervisors and managers for no extra oay.

I worked for a company that they took over and destroyed I was treated worse then a dog

A simple review is this to many heads at the table one telling you to do this and the other telling you something else ownership don’t want to listen to long term staff about what sells in there department. They brings stock in and when it don’t sell they come straight to you asking you why sales are down . Human Resources is a joke they tell you that they has your back but when you issues with heads of the company’s Human Resources tells you that you are over reacting

Pros

Can’t think of anything

Cons

Poorly run family business

Terrible Place to Work

Newfoundland Drive location was a terrible place to work . I was assaulted by a coworker and management refused to do anything about it. I was harassed by the coworkers husband as well and that was ok with Coleman's. Very stressful job . harassment is a major problem in the kitchen . Would not recommend working there .

Regretful

8 Months of harassment as well as disrespect from co-workers. We begged for someone to help and nobody made any differences. Instead of helping us with the harassment from our coworkers our own store manager came down and only asks us why our productions low. This Bakery is run like a sweat shop, have fun.

terrible place to work

Management is terrible. Pay is terrible. Hours are terrible. If you call in sick your hours are cut. I have been made cry multiple times and forced to stay when sick. Avoid this place

Pros

Cons

Bad pay, poor management, everything

Busy work days with good people

Good people work there. Pay wasn't the best. I've met some good people there but a few management issues. They would rather have a 100 parttime unmotivated workers rather than give the 10 fulltime workers more hours.

Pros

Good co-workers and happy enviroment.

Cons

Split shifts and slow spurts.

Good for a grocery store

Decent place with a mediocre pay, Management was good depending on the department you worked in. The deli department was a really great experience, all of my co-workers were very kind and a joy to be around.

Pros

Co-workers, Department management

Cons

hours

Poor Organizational Culture and Enviroment

I'm not sure how this organization is considered to be one of Canada's best managed 50 companies. The management is mediocre at best. There is a lack of communication across all departments, so their is no real goal or objective for the standard employee to achieve. The employees also often get blamed for mistakes made by management. The work-life balance here is good because they cut almost all of their employees hours. They only give 10 minute breaks which is not nearly enough considering how long the shifts are. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere before you apply with this organization.

Pros

Free Bread in the Break Room

Cons

Poor Management

Expected to do an unreasonable amount of work.

I found the management was poor. A lot of their work day was spent on personal business. I was expected to prepare fruits and vegetables in a dirty environment. I was told that it was more important to have high out put than work in a clean environment.

Pros

Close to my home.

Cons

Poor management and dirty.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at colemans food centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5