colemans food centre

colemans food centre Employee Reviews

great place to work.
i can say that the Coleman's workplace is very friendly and fellow employees are very helpful and kind, days go quick and you you never feel pressure to impress.
Regretful
8 Months of harassment as well as disrespect from co-workers. We begged for someone to help and nobody made any differences.

Instead of helping us with the harassment from our coworkers our own store manager came down and only asks us why our productions low.

This Bakery is run like a sweat shop, have fun.
terrible place to work
Management is terrible. Pay is terrible. Hours are terrible. If you call in sick your hours are cut. I have been made cry multiple times and forced to stay when sick. Avoid this place
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, poor management, everything
good place with good coworkers
good hours and good people to work with. hardest part of thr job is staying late to stock shelfs on a truck night but overall was a great job. enjoyed working here
Busy work days with good people
Good people work there. Pay wasn't the best. I've met some good people there but a few management issues. They would rather have a 100 parttime unmotivated workers rather than give the 10 fulltime workers more hours.
Pros
Good co-workers and happy enviroment.
Cons
Split shifts and slow spurts.
Good for a grocery store
Decent place with a mediocre pay, Management was good depending on the department you worked in. The deli department was a really great experience, all of my co-workers were very kind and a joy to be around.
Pros
Co-workers, Department management
Cons
hours
Poor Organizational Culture and Enviroment
I'm not sure how this organization is considered to be one of Canada's best managed 50 companies. The management is mediocre at best. There is a lack of communication across all departments, so their is no real goal or objective for the standard employee to achieve. The employees also often get blamed for mistakes made by management. The work-life balance here is good because they cut almost all of their employees hours. They only give 10 minute breaks which is not nearly enough considering how long the shifts are. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere before you apply with this organization.
Pros
Free Bread in the Break Room
Cons
Poor Management
Great staff
Great coworkers,fast paced environment .great benefits package,great experience overall. Seems that easy advancement if you want to put time in. Learned a lot of new skills.
I enjoyed it a lot i loved preping food.
It was a fun workplace, loved learning how to cook, and prep foods, love working with people and the workers that have worked there. not hard to get along with.
Really enjoy working there and the people I worked With was great and the staff was also
I got a lot if experience working at Colemans there was a lot I didn't know when I start work but when I finished I was really pleased in what I learned and the people that's taught me .
decent place nice people alright first job
Reasonable job with a great atmosphere, hours were okay but lacked any real benefit program for reliable employees, okay starter job for workplace experience.
Pros
hour off for lunch
Cons
repetitive
Repetitive Workplace
Being a Coleman's cashier is a nice job for young student's. It can be very boring, long days, repetitive tasks, and some grouchy employee's. Standing in place for long hours can make you a little stir crazy, also bad for your health. I would suggest ok hours for students. Friendly Manager's though!
Excellent place to work
I loved working at Coleman's but do having a special needs child I need something with more flexibility. I was working sticking shelves and cash but with my background with working in convience stores I pretty much work in every Dept when I did fill in places I loved working in the deli
Pros
Awesome co workers
Cons
Benefits less desirable
Expected to do an unreasonable amount of work.
I found the management was poor. A lot of their work day was spent on personal business. I was expected to prepare fruits and vegetables in a dirty environment. I was told that it was more important to have high out put than work in a clean environment.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Poor management and dirty.
Very active workplace, busy atomsphere
Very nice staff, lots of events, fun company to work for, always got a christmas bonus