Cole International

3. management is good

4. friendly environment

5. There is no difficult part in the job

6. break time is enjoyable
Nice environment to work in. People treat you with respect and dignity. Easy to talk to others and ask questions about work that needs to be done. I learned patience.
Workplace culture: too many people allowed to be lazy and do as little as possible and get paid for sitting there.
I found the work great and interesting every day, even as the system changed.

management questionable...inefficient to say the least.
Cole International is a good place to work for, they are very competitive and caring company for all aspects of customs brokerage management. Most of their employees are very helpful and understanding to newcomers and will walk you through most elements of the company. Good company to work for.
There's no room for promotion. Despite getting excellent reviews, and industry specific training & certification, it was clear I was going to be stuck at the entry level job I had, because the company doesn't promote from within, at least not in Ontario. We also had no chance at promotion at other offices, as the jobs were never posted internally.
Like a lot of companies run by rich white guys. You’re either in our out of the club. Salary and benefits below market. Not a place for innovative thinkers or those who like change.
Pros
A lot of nice staff
Cons
Toxic culture
The company is located in the NE, very close to the airport. There are about 80 people in the office. The work environment is nice, people are friendly.
They are hard workers and friendly people. They have provided very secure job, management are really kind to employee. But too much office politics is something I do not like.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Too much work volume
Despite a lot of experience I was let go without reason. A couple co-workers created a toxic work environment. Very unprofessional. Manager didn't know how to use operating system.
Pros
Shorter shifts, decent pay
Cons
I only left Cole for relocation purposes. They are an excellent company to work for with great benefits and management. Would return if I still lived in the area.
A typical day would be to answer voicemails, respond to emails, compile invoices to enter for payment. The workplace culture is strained due to the high volume. The hardest part of this job is knowing that no matter how hard you try you are never going to progress due to the lack of turn over. The people that I work with are by far some of the best and we remain friends to this day
work with great team at my location more like family than co-workers. work days are fast paced and require good time management skills. good work life balance
Pros
work life balance
Cons
little advancement
This was a company that had taught me what I needed to know about importing goods into Canada. I have carried what I learnt and applied when I travel and or ship items into Canada.
Lots of lazy personnel. Management takes more smoke break than the allocated 15 minutes break x 2.
A lot of lack lustre employees with depth perception of elementary level instead of the think outside of the box style. I would not encourage anyone to work for this company unless you want to be belittle.
Pros
Cons
Too many
A Strong positive environment to be employed
Like a big extended family

Fast paced

How to deal effectively with many different types of people

I loved my Co-workers , some of them are still good friends

We always had a go-to attitude and had an enjoyable day even if the stress levels were crazy
Pros
Rrsp, Profit sharing
Cons
Great people to work for.
Not a lot room for advancement but possibility for wage increase.

Delivery routes well detailed and easy to follow.
Pros
employees
I've learned an amazing amount of skills in a short amount of time. This particular position places a great deal of focus on customer satisfaction, compliance and ensuring shipments are submitted to Canada Customs timely and correctly. I have enjoyed being kept busy with little down time.
While Cole was a family own business the company had an excellence employee spirit. Changing to a corporate structure Cole have lost their spirit.
Pros
Excellent long standing knowledgeble staff
Cons
New management
Enjoyed my tenure at Cole. Ground floor opportunity to really understand the customs brokerage industry a lot more. Thus the reason to take the CCS course.
Cole International is a superb work place with amazing culture and wonderful people.
Pros
free lunches!
Very busy job and learnt allot about clearing shipments. My manager was awesome and most of my co-workers were a joy to work with. Clearing the shipments in a timely manner,at times, was the hardest part of this job as there were circumstances where it made clearing more difficult. Being able to make my customers happy by clearing their shipments promptly.
Pros
learning and getting the knowledge of this industry
Cons
not being able to get information in a timely manner