Cole Haan

Cole Haan Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Sales Generalist at Cole Haan
During my time at Cole Haan, i was expected to sell x amount of shoes per hour. The staff was friendly for the most part, as was the clientele. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
Pros
Hour long lunches
Nice team
Cole Haan is thorough in their training and do it little by little to not overwhelm you, prioritizing the stuff you need to know well then giving you bonus info to help customers with product knowledge afterwards. The team was a pleasure to work with. All are patient and knowledgeable.
Very professional and fast pace workplace
Whole bunch of stuff to learn at first place.
Giving right information to the customer about products was the key.

I got to learn a lot about shoes ofcourse and so many more things about the products we were selling. Moreover i got to do learn how to manage things at store including all the deliveries and stocking.

MY manager and owners were very patient and gave me enough time to learn things, which was very kind of them.

Long weekends and holidays were hard for us because that was the time when it gets crazy busy there.

The environment and location was wonderful. I loved working there.
It was good while it last
Good management and good people to work with, very great to work at. They are great to ask help for and they make you feel like you are one of them even though you might be temporary.
Nice experience
The management was good. The management team would gladly to go over anything and explain everything if we have any questions regarding the jobs and company policies. I did learn a lot from my job.
Pros
Fun environment, comfortable shoes
Cons
N/a
flexible schedule
you can work as little as two days a week sometimes one or as great as seven. Friendly co workers and mangers, but even though its not a commission environment there is pressure to keep your goal up.
Pros
snacks, free shoes, discounts
Cons
pressure
not bad
I have several companies listed in this category:
Cole Haan - just recently got bought out from Nike when I worked with them and quite frankly everyone was scrambling trying to rebrand. To make things more complicated, it was very challenging being located in Canada when everything was designed for US.

Sandpipers - excellent mom and pop shop, was my favourite place to work, the owners really take care of you.

ALSO - really fun
Love this place
Great staff, great managment, great product, great brand. I love working at Cole Haan. It is great to sell a product you're confident in. The clientele is easygoing so is the managment. Exceptional workplace
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cole Haan?
Productive workplace and friendly environment
Cole Haan is a very friendly environment. As soon as you walk through the doors you will be greeted and welcomed. Each associate is very knowledgeable and genuine with their approach in helping the customer find what best suits their needs. Each associate incorporates Cole Haan in they every day life from their shoes to their sunglasses and everything in between. The management is phenomenal, they accommodate your needs and are very easily to get along with. We are all very comfortable with each other and have created some strong connections with our associates as well as our customers. As associates, we do what it takes to best know our customer so we can fit find the best style that suits them and also help them explore new things they thought they may not like. Overall, Cole Haan is a very committed and driven company who will always make sure you are in the best hands as soon as you walk through the door.
Pros
Friendly associates and environment
Cons
Fast pace environment
Fun place to work
Despite how much i enjoyed the job itself, I did not like the workers or managing staff. The customers were always friendly; my shifts went by fast as I would constantly be interacting with customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Super fun workplace because of the managers and the other employees. Pretty simple to manage shoes and the systems. Working is enjoyable and the time goes by fast.
Productive yet stressful at times. Although given schedules in advance sometimes shift changes caused tension between employees. Overall they teach you the basics of a retail job.
Good First Job
Managers are very friendly, hours are very flexible. A Little boring but not the worst job out there by any means.

Productive, feels like family
Proper product knowledge and client satisfaction is a must. Honesty and respect are given. Motivational leaders who work hard for the team to strive and come out successful.
Stock Lead
Whether it's helping a consumer with finding the right shoe style to go with their everyday work outfit or a special occasion we have what you want/need.
Really good team environment, Lots to learn
I learned a lot working at Cole Haan. I learned about having a good teamwork spirit and managing all the stuff in a given time. Management at Cole Haan is really supportive and actually helps a person to increase their productivity and make the workplace a fun environment to work in.
Pros
nothing is forced on to you
Cons
unpaid break time
Good Learning Experience, Very Poor Management
ok to start in retail....no good to stay in. poor management low pay
asms were not great but discounts were great.....minimum wage

district management poor
Pros
free shoes
Cons
very bad management
good working environment
It a nice environment to work. All the management team were supportive. Co-workers were very cooperative. I learned how to deal with multi-tasks during the peak time of tourist.
professional working area
It's busy in holidays and weekends.
Cole Haan has provided me the opportunity of learning products as product knowledge is important to communicate with customers.

I enjoyed working with easy-going managers and colleagues.

The hardest part of the job is need to unload goods and keep overflow stock organized in the back room.

I found most enjoyable was solving customers problems and helping them choose the most desirable items.
cole haan
it is a leather goods store
day to day selling shoes and bags

cleaning the store and creating inspiring connections with customers

driving sales goals and maintaining them

team work