Cole-Parmer Instrument Company Employee Reviews

Stressful and over worked
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL20 May 2019
Management does not care for the regular everyday employee and only about themselves. Certain employees are favored even over harder working and better employees because of outside work relations.
Fun Place to work
Channel Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Webster, TX6 February 2019
Great mentorship and have the ability to be innovative. I learned to how to launch new Saas Products, channel partner marketing with distribution companies.
Cole Parmer
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL22 January 2019
Great location to work, along with a wonderful staff and fellow employees. Employees work hard everyday to provide the proper job satisfaction and all managers took note of everything that was provided and done for the company.
Poor work/life balance
Sr. Systems Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL10 January 2019
Due to cutbacks there is poor work/life balance. The volume of work required exceeds the number of employees available. The good old boy's club is alive and well at Cole-Parmer. Upper level management is 100% male.
Productive, but very demanding for the pay.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Webster, TX23 June 2018
The work was very demanding considering I was only paid $12 per hour. Aside from that, getting my own desk was nice.

The autonomy of the job was also quite nice since I was allowed to make my own decisions based on situation instead of just following specific guidelines. That made dealing with difficult customers much easier.
Pros
Healthcare, Dental, etc.
Stressful environment
Global Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL18 April 2018
Work culture was a very stressful environment. I worked at home almost every night, and any accomplishments went un noticed and not acknowledged. The good was the coworkers were supportive of each other.
Pros
good peers
Cons
worked at night all the time
Great until we were bought
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater London16 March 2018
Cole-Parmer was a wonderful place to work for but unfortuneatly they were bought out by a company that planned to break us up and sell us on, which is exactly what happened.
Pros
Pizza on Monday if you hit target
Cons
We got bought out and closed down
Over worked under appreciated.
iSeries Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL23 February 2018
Employees are over worked and under appreciated, no work life balance. Extreme Stress staff is reduced due to restructuring.
CEO states in Town Hall they made a billions dollars and just let 35 people go days before.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Too many takeovers unstable management
Nice place
Group Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Illinois5 October 2017
I enjoyed going to work. My direct manager was very smart and was a leader to the team. Honestly, I wish I never left the company. I didn't know how good I had it here.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Pay
Fun
Senior Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL24 September 2017
Good place to at but some times lack of communication, but the employee are very polite and respectful helpful and enjoying working with on a everyday.
Pros
Fun sometimes
Cons
Short lunch
A place to work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Chicago20 July 2017
The company has been bought and sold twice in a very short period of time which has led to a great deal of instability. Efforts by management to grow the business organically have not come to fruition so M&A will persist.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low morale
Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL18 May 2017
Great opportunity. Best part is professional and friendly management. Very flexible schedule. There is alot to learn as wide range of product and work.
good atmosphere horrible communication
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL22 February 2017
Opening packages shipped to our company. Using a rf scanner id scan said product and enter data into the w.m.s. to place on delivery cart. I learned how to run a w.m.s. system as well as data entry. Management was one sided in there decision making. The culture was pretty neutral. I enjoyed working with the employees the most.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits and poor communication
Casual environment
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL18 January 2017
Process invoices for mail, post AR, post AP, keep track of customer credits/rebates. Print/email invoices to customers. Answer vendor inquiries. Cafeteria on site.
Cole Parmer
Shipping associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL16 January 2017
I would receive packages from a shoot. Then proceed to open them and check them in to there proper locations using the w.m.s. My coworkers were pretty nice. The management seemed rushed and unsure of what they were doing. I enjoyed the coworkers the most. A lot of pretty down to earth people. I learned to not be like the management team there who rarely talked to you.
Pros
free lunches and good coworkers
Cons
bad management.
This is an amazing place to work.
Mechanical Engineer- Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrington, IL18 November 2016
Great company, supportive management, progressive environment, flexible work arrangement, very accommodating to family time, great work/life balance, diverse teams.This is an amazing place to work.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lake Barrington, IL5 November 2016
The work environment was relaxed and enjoyable. The people and on sight management were professional as well as personable. I was allowed to peruse my responsibilities as I saw fit with little oversight.
Pros
Good pay and compation
Cons
Only has 10% of produst market
fast-paced and productive area
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL27 June 2016
I would pack supplies and ship out products. I would load supplies from up to 50 pounds for each box.
Good company but would not consider them to be an employer of choice
Former Finance Department Employee (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, IL9 October 2015
Company is growing but their technology is not. There are lots of people with tenure there. Decent benefits. But like every company each year the employee contribution goes up. Located in a nice area. Facilities are clean.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Located in a nice area, Competative Pay
Cons
No work/life balance, systems are archaic, lack of appreciation for hard work
Recently purchased from Thermo Fisher by private equity
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Barrington, IL18 April 2015
Very busy, able to wear many hats, I am the site leader in Barrington IL. I work across all levels of the organization with 20 direct reports, 15 non-exempt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cole-Parmer Instrument Company. Our community is ready to answer.