Coldwell Banker
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Coldwell Banker Employee Reviews

Canada58 reviews
good management, good place to work at with friendly people and fair pay. You get a chance to work on what you need best and you get the support you need.
AMP is a four-week productivity course which boasts a strong focus on lead generation and learning by doing. Participants use the daily productivity tracker to refine habits, track progress and overcome set-backs while benefiting from coaching and training designed to cure skill gaps. Class prep and attendance is approximately 10 hours per week for four weeks
Real Estate in Nova Scotia is not what I expected when I was invited to the industry by a former coworker. I was successful in getting the position and I'm grateful for the experience nonetheless.
Pros
Nice private office.
Cons
Slow sales
Working as a realtor is not a nine to five job. You need to be flexible, dedicated and driven to be able to succeed. This is not a get rich quick job, but by joining the right brokerage and having the right systems in place it can be a very profitable and rewarding job.
First job. Good hands-on experience. Learned about real estate and what it entails from listings to selling. I enjoyed my time and duties, however, at times it was slow.
A relaxed office where the management isn't breathing down your neck all the time. The People are fantastic. An enjoyable place to work. Someone always ready to help if needed.
Coldwell Banker HMF provides the best resources to real estate the agents.
The support from management the administrative staff and the marketing department are superior. Seasoned agents and new license agents alike can find the tools to a successful career.
They lure u with good spilt 65/35 but Claw back office desk fee franchise fees etc. End up taking at least 70% of commissions. Can't make any money with them.
I worked at Coldwell banker for approximately 364 days. They fired me with absolutely no reason, cause or priors. Written or verbal. I excelled in my position and in turn was invalued and dismissed. The ONLY thing about my job that was satisfying were the people I worked with. Not the residents, or Head Office...Which is located at 201 county court boulevard in Brampton, Ontario. I think this company is a poor representation of Coldwell banker and should be addressed as such. Not only am I being wrongfully dismissed but I believe there are many others.
Good company but your success is only really due to your own efforts as Real Estate is straight commission. Nice place to work, flexible hours, your own vehicle is required.
Not a very strong culture, limited opportunities to learn new things. Commission splits are fair. Overall management and culture are like most brokerages. Nothing special.
Customer service is key. How we treat others and value them shines through with the staff. Education is paramount to keeping up with ongoing changes for Legal and Sales training
Excellent professional real estate, property and strata management services to clients and customers.

Great professional training for real estate professionals and employees.

Opportunities for growth and development

Excellent work place culture
Amazing days, specific agent allowed personal life to interrupt and be taken care of, well spoken too and with, very compensating and to the point along with being very cordial and understanding and inviting
Pros
GREAT agents
Cons
Worked the front desk so I answered phones and booked appointments. Best part was interacting with the public. This is wear I started to really use my accounting skills. I was the bookkeeper as well.
Excellent workplace and energetic staff. I especially enjoyed how close the staff worked hand-in-hand. I would approve this company to all of my friends and family.
Pros
Independent Contractor
Cons
working the night shift at coldwell can get a bit boring.
I suggest music, maybe podcasts.

Lots of data entry, and talking with new clients.

I had worked mostly by myself, so I am not sure what the daily environment was like.
I have enjoyed working with all the people I've met in the Coldwell Banker Preferred Real Estate office. Management is attentive and the workplace culture, excellent. It takes time to establish oneself as a Realtor. The most difficult part of the job is the hours required in the evenings and weekends when raising a young family.
Pros
The workplace culture is excellent.
Cons
Alot of evening and weekend work.
With The Cowan-Smith Home Selling System, you benefit from a qualified team of professionals working on your behalf. Each team member is responsible for different aspects in the buying or selling of your home. Together, our combined efforts add up to superior marketing and customer service.
Over 40 years in the business this company stands above the rest. Constantly gives back to the community. Always helping those in need. We give on a regular basis to food banks and are always looking for ways to help out the community.
Coldwell banker has a great reputation, and internal referral system. Team management and incentive programs to help new and experienced realtors achieve their goals.