Coldstar Solutions Inc

Coldstar Solutions Inc Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Diverse work culture with good benefits!
This is a company that truly cares about its employees and wants to see them succeed! A great team environment, friendly staff, and knowledgeable management. Work can get a little demanding at times but the experience is invaluable!
Best trucking company i have worked for.
The best trucking company that I have ever worked at. They do try to create a positive working environment socially which is something I had never experienced before in the industry. Sometimes mid level management doies not make the best decisions
Unbearable Management..
You might want to avoid this place at all cost.. Management is incredibly unbearable nasty to say the least.. most of the staff are a blast to work with but again management in Victoria are horrible.. no room at all for advancing job is blah but one thing is for sure benefits are incredible but you can get those anywhere.. they are definitely better folk to work for..
Pros
Benefits and family values
Cons
Management Management Management!!!!!!!
Official response from Coldstar Solutions Inc
30 April 2019
We’re sorry to hear about your experience with management at ColdStar, but we are happy to hear about your positive connection with your peers. We strive to create a fun and respectful workplace – honouring and taking all company values seriously. Employee relations is very important to us, and your feedback is taken seriously.
- Human Resources
Very caring and passionate company
Coldstar is a very kind and compassionate company which gives every employee room to grow.They have excellent benefits which offer which covers you 100 percent.They have alot of fun activities throughout the year for their staff.I am very happy to be part of the Coldstar Solutions team and look forward to the future of the company.
Pros
Excellent medical program and job security
Cons
Overtime where needed
a good enough job
the job was alright but just a job for me at the time. a lot of people made a career out working there and it worked out well enough for them, i just needed a job to pay rent.
very good company
very great atmosphere and very approachable management team. positive fellow employees. physical and mentally rewarding. good benefits and the salary is good
Refrigerated environment only
If you don't mind working in refrigerated environment, or freezer environment then you should try coldstar. Pay was decent, and the company Christmas party was fun.
Ok place to work if you can handle it.
I worked nightshift from 12:00 to 8:00 am. october 2015-june 2016 Very unorganized warehouse..... no signage. That was my biggest problem. Very high paced and stressful job done in -1 and -40 degrees. You start out by stacking chicken bins and cleaning. Then the trucks come in and you unload them with a forklift or standing jack. After everything is in the warehouse you build orders and put them in their respective place. at 6Am the truckers come in and you load their 50 foot trailers on pallets.
Honestly i was fired, but i still respect the guys there. The night manager bob, is a salty old school guy. But he has a WEALTH of knowledge about warehousing. Liston too this guy because he wouldn't ask you to do anything he hasnt done with his 30 years of experience. When i started i didnt like the guy, but when i left he honestly made me a better man and a better worker.

The only thing i should warn people about is that it is a high paced stressful job done on graveyard hours. There is NO mistakes, you mess an order up or dont ship something it costs the company money and time.

If you are a sorta weak person who cant handle stress and getting it right do not apply here. I fit what i just typed but i lasted 8 month's can you?

Also, the truckers are all really cool guys. Gus is a guy you want to learn from because he is a great teacher.

This job takes a mature experienced warehousing guy. There is no room for mistakes, bob is a awesome boss but he is TOUGH. Just work really hard and DONT be afraid to ask him questions.
Pros
great benifits and wage. good guys to work with. guss the trucker is amazing
Cons
bob liked to yell, horrible hours, stressful, cold, no mistakes
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Coldstar Solutions Inc?
a good stepping stone job
Got fired for going to the bathroom..... there turn over rate is disgusting! Bosses dont care about you. Only good if its your first job
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Freight Assembler
Breaking down freight according to stop
Manifesting freight

Assembling freight by order

Loading / Unloading trucks using electric pallet jacks / forklifts

Sanitizing trucks in compliance with HACCP regulations

Coldstar were a great company to work for, with knowledgeable staff and great benefits
Pros
Great staff, excellent coffee, medical benefits
Cons
Night Shift
treats everyone like they are replaceable
Work here to get experience as soon as things start heading south consider leaving