Cold Logic

Cold Logic Employee Reviews for Order Picker

The pay structure is offered at $17/hr and + up to $7/hr if you can reach the efficiency target rate. Having that said, many employee have said that they don't reach the target, perhaps within the first couple of month you might be able to hit the target of adding $1.5/hr to $2.5/hr but thats it. You are expected to select items on the shelf from bags of salt to bags of flour. I really mean it when I say bags and bags. The company does offer a good training on using the Material Handling Equipements (MHE) but you are expected to stack the pallet,wrap it up, and get the order done asap if you want to earn more. If you are performing less than 100% you might have a chat from the management. Pros: if you can work nights Its not a bad position, but I would suggest it being part time 8:00 PM till 12:00 AM, if you go over night till 4:30 AM it can be a grind. Cons: if you are not physically fit and is working another job in the morning. This is definitely not for you. You will burn out and find yourself exhausted. You MUST have a reliable form of transportation, it can be hard to get here with the bus. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employee, every is chill and good people. The hardest part of the job, is the job it self, lifting heavy items, and stressed trying to build the pallet on an efficient time manner if you are looking for the extra dollar per hour.
Pros
Good Employee
Cons
Night Shift Grind
I am working here from almost a year , I really like the place and the employees are very helpful. All the supervisors are helpful and support everyone.
I went too work as a picker I worked for 2 monthes as was let go for no reason after the Christmas rush. They trained me and I was under the assumption that this was a full time permit position.
Pros
Cons
Low pay high demand
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We realize that you may have been upset when rating our company. Please know that we do not let employees go without a valid reason. Terminations are taken very seriously and we take pride in coaching our employees to be successful in their positions. We do not do seasonal layoffs.
8 hour shifts every day learning fork lift operations and order picking and other things management is awesome culture in workplace is fun and enjoyable hardest part of job is keeping up with the company's time standards most enjoyable part is driving the forklift and picking orders
Pros
free barbeques and bonuses
Cons
early shifts
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! We understand that our targets can be difficult to achieve at times. We encourage you to ask for help if you need any advice on how to improve. While we understand early morning shifts are not for everyone, we have early starts do an operational need in order to have our products make ferries or get to northern BC in a timely manner.
Working at Cold Logic was not fun. Shifts are from 4 am - 12:30 but there is always mandatory overtime. Also, you have to work weekends so you have no life. You basically work 10 hour days which sucks. Incentives are so difficult to earn. Working weekends makes this job so much more terrible. You basically work 50 hours a week. Do not take this job if you want to have a life with your family and friends especially on the weekend. I rather do security than this horrible job. New people get hired every week and they quit within three days. Even their long term employees are quitting now because they are required to work so much. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. They sometimes bought employees pizza because they knew everyone was so fed up. Also since this is a Union so many deductions take place. My paychecks were always so little for the amount of overtime work I was doing because so much tax and union fees.
Pros
Treats once in a while
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime, mandatory working Saturday and Sunday, Waking up at 3 am in order to start work at 4
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very upfront with our expectations during the hiring process so that employees are aware of requirements before they accept our offer. We review shift times, working on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as the overtime requirements during both phone and in person interviews. Since we are unionized, we are not able to offer weekends off to any new hire but we do still give employees permanent schedules with two consecutive weekdays off. The union dues are standard and comparable to any other unionized warehouse.
It is a great place to work. Management is good and supportive. Safe and healthy work environment. Team members are helpful and always willing to teach. SAFETY IS NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
Pros
Safety is number one with this company Great people and good to their employees, been employed with them for 5 years
Cons
I don't really have any major cons, as they are bringing the company into the future
11 April 2019
Thank you very much for your comment and feedback! Safety is extremely important to us and we strive to provide a workplace where people are supported and able to grow.
Cold Logic expects a high output of work to be done, without giving adequate time to complete your tasks. A fair amount of the supervisors were incompetent, and would not have answers for even the most basic of questions at times, despite being the only form of communication with authority, as a worker. The pay was nice, but for the amount of effort and work you were expected to put in, it didn't feel worth it. There is also mandatory overtime, and throughout the Christmas time for example, 10-12 hour days were the norm, 5 days a week, The people were a pleasure to work with, but overall morale felt rather low based of the work environment. Overall a working but somewhat inept environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Long Hours, Unreasonable expectations, Inept Surpervisors
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We have engineering standards in place that allow an adequate time to complete your tasks. There are baseline expectations for every position in the warehouse. While these may seem difficult to achieve at first, it is something that has to be worked on and perfected over time. This is why we have reduced performance requirements for probationary employees.We are sorry to hear that you had issues with our supervisors. Please know that they go through extensive training and coaching when hired into these roles. Most of our supervisors were promoted from other positions within the warehouse and we promote growth from within. Our management does have an open door policy and you can discuss any issue with them as well.
It's a good place, lots of fun benefits are good they help you when you need help, training is provided on how to properly use the equipment and how to properly lift the boxes
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are happy that you have had a positive experience working with us.
Great place to work at, fast paced, great co-workers. Good pay for hard work. Independent work environment. Fast paced, get the job done, and go home.
Pros
Co-workers, Management, environment.
Cons
Early Mornings *5:30am
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! This position can be very rewarding for people that enjoy working independently as you are able to focus on your tasks. We are still very much team oriented and our proud of employees welcoming and friendly attitudes.