Cold Logic

Cold Logic Employee Reviews in Surrey, BC

I thought it was a pretty good place to work. Had to leave for school but would probably go back. The work can be hard and there is OT pretty often - usually less than an hour though. It's a great place to work if you want to make good money as you can get a lot of OT - they are always looking for people to work extra. The supervisors were pretty cool and I liked the people I worked with. There were BBQs and stuff like that for safety events. The training I got was good. I don't know what people complain about - it wasn't that bad. They treat people pretty good there. They don't fire people at 90 days - benefits are paid by the union, so that's not true. Benefits are good.
Pros
Good people to work with - good pay
Cons
No busses go here - you need a car
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves in creating an environment that is friendly and welcoming for our employees. We understand that the position can be hard work with long hours at times. We do try to manage the overtime to create a better work-life balance for our employees. You are correct in that many of our shifts are not transit accessible. We do have a few positions that may work with transit and I encourage anyone who may have this restriction to ask about transit accessible opportunities when they apply.We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.
Expect lots of mandatory OT. The managers/supervisors push people a lot for the sake of performance because that's all they care about. If your hands get cold and can't perform to their standards in the freezer good luck explaining that to them because they just don't care enough to understand. They preach safety, but its really all about performance...that's why someone lost their finger in the freezer.
This companie and management is a total joke.Bonuses is impossible to reach. They drive all the good employees to the ground.ive seen at least 60 people come and go in 6 months Christmas come around get ready to get laid off. The EQR program changes all the time . So pretty much your only gonna get paid hourly and it's not worth it employees are always angry. They wright you up for things that happens 2 months ago so they can take your bonuses away when ever they want.The only good thing about this place was some of the employees besides that probably the worst job I ever had.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Management and pay rate needs to change
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We believe that we offer competitive wages and bonuses within the industry and we take steps to ensure that we remain competitive every year. Our performance and EQR incentives are a bonus and not a guaranteed wage. The incentives and bonuses are structured so that an employee must have good safety, accuracy, attendance, and performance in order to achieve them. Many of our employees are eligible for incentive and bonuses every week. If an employee ever feels that they are having difficulty in earning bonuses or incentives, I would encourage them to seek advice on how to improve from their supervisors.
Working at Cold Logic was not fun. Shifts are from 4 am - 12:30 but there is always mandatory overtime. Also, you have to work weekends so you have no life. You basically work 10 hour days which sucks. Incentives are so difficult to earn. Working weekends makes this job so much more terrible. You basically work 50 hours a week. Do not take this job if you want to have a life with your family and friends especially on the weekend. I rather do security than this horrible job. New people get hired every week and they quit within three days. Even their long term employees are quitting now because they are required to work so much. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. They sometimes bought employees pizza because they knew everyone was so fed up. Also since this is a Union so many deductions take place. My paychecks were always so little for the amount of overtime work I was doing because so much tax and union fees.
Pros
Treats once in a while
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime, mandatory working Saturday and Sunday, Waking up at 3 am in order to start work at 4
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very upfront with our expectations during the hiring process so that employees are aware of requirements before they accept our offer. We review shift times, working on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as the overtime requirements during both phone and in person interviews. Since we are unionized, we are not able to offer weekends off to any new hire but we do still give employees permanent schedules with two consecutive weekdays off. The union dues are standard and comparable to any other unionized warehouse.
I enjoy coming to work each and every day to work with some great and amazing people. While it can be high stress (but what company/job doesn't come with stress), the company recognizes that and puts on events, amazing BBQ's, random popcorn day, healthy snack days, to help alleviate some pressures and increase morale. The management team is strong and very knowledgeable and approachable. They work with you to ensure you are comfortable and are safe above all. The safety awareness and culture at Cold Logic is top notch. One of the cleanest warehouses I have ever seen.
Pros
Management, Safety culture
Cons
Sometimes lack of communication
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! If you are having issues with communication, please let HR or your supervisor know your issue in greater detail so we can work towards a positive solution.
The work is physically hard but the pay is good and incentive pay is available. A considerable amount of overtime is available and although sometimes required by all as a team, efforts are made to keep it to a minimum. Pay is always paid weekly and on time. This company encourages a high level of safety and proper work practices. BBQ's and pancake breakfasts are rewarded for meeting safety goals as a team. All proper safety gear is supplied by the company including steel toed boots. All necessary training is also provided. As I read other posts of ex employees' bad experience I can honestly say that is not the norm. Attitude is everything. If you dislike hard work and waking up early then warehouse work is not for you. There are plenty of part time min. wage jobs available.
Pros
BBQ's for safety goals met, Company supplied gear for freezer work, Weekly pay on time and fair, Worker improvement training paid for and encouraged, Opportunity for overtime pay and bonus incentive, Approachable management, High importance placed and enforced on safety and injury prevention, Decent benefits, Promotions available for capable employees who excell at their job.
Cons
A lot of selector turnover.
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the positive feedback and explanation for the hard work that goes into the position. We do take pride in creating an inclusive and supportive environment for our employees. Rewarding everyone for good work is also a priority and we hope that everyone appreciates our BBQs and pancake breakfasts!
It's a good place, lots of fun benefits are good they help you when you need help, training is provided on how to properly use the equipment and how to properly lift the boxes
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are happy that you have had a positive experience working with us.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cold Logic?