Cold Logic

Cold Logic Employee Reviews in Langley, BC

The pay structure is offered at $17/hr and + up to $7/hr if you can reach the efficiency target rate. Having that said, many employee have said that they don't reach the target, perhaps within the first couple of month you might be able to hit the target of adding $1.5/hr to $2.5/hr but thats it. You are expected to select items on the shelf from bags of salt to bags of flour. I really mean it when I say bags and bags. The company does offer a good training on using the Material Handling Equipements (MHE) but you are expected to stack the pallet,wrap it up, and get the order done asap if you want to earn more. If you are performing less than 100% you might have a chat from the management. Pros: if you can work nights Its not a bad position, but I would suggest it being part time 8:00 PM till 12:00 AM, if you go over night till 4:30 AM it can be a grind. Cons: if you are not physically fit and is working another job in the morning. This is definitely not for you. You will burn out and find yourself exhausted. You MUST have a reliable form of transportation, it can be hard to get here with the bus. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employee, every is chill and good people. The hardest part of the job, is the job it self, lifting heavy items, and stressed trying to build the pallet on an efficient time manner if you are looking for the extra dollar per hour.
Pros
Good Employee
Cons
Night Shift Grind
I am working here from almost a year , I really like the place and the employees are very helpful. All the supervisors are helpful and support everyone.
I would recommend this job to anyone it’s a good job as a start to get into the warehouse work field. You can move up to management easily if you put your mind to it and they pay fair.
Cold Logic a great place to work while being a very productive place.
Never have I seen a warehouse with a "We're Hiring" sign up all year round that should have been my first sign or red flag. Not the company I thought it was honestly.
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to review our company. Unfortunately the warehousing industry is quite high turnover. We use many different mediums to recruit new employees and our signs are one of these ways. We do our best to recruit qualified new employees in a timely manner and we hope that you had a positive experience while working with us.
I have worked at Cold Logic approximately 2 Months and in that time, I have seen compassion for the employee's and true leadership. I am constantly challenged and encouraged to be my best self and contribute to the team and and workplace. When I have made an error, I was treated with respect, and shown how the error was made and given clear and direct feedback on how to avoid the error in the future The orientation that I went through on my first day was informative and helpful. I really believe that Cold Logic cares for myself and my co-workers safety and well being. The Safety Training is one of the most extensive I have ever been through and I walked away from it with more knowledge in the one day then I ever had in my last job of 8 years. The employees are friendly and welcoming and will always great you and help when they can. I have worked for a lot of companies and I honestly feel this company is a place I can see myself working for the next 10-15 years. I wake up everyday excited to get to work and and work alongside my amazing team.
Pros
Great Leadership, Excellent Employees, Amazing Safety Program
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review and positive feedback! We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to work in a positive environment that fosters growth and teamwork. We want to set people up for success and to learn skills to help them improve professionally. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.
The managers we're great and helpful when they could. However as a union job there's a very bad element regarding some employees who've been there years. When you can have a employee threaten others, throw things, have temper tantrums who has been there EIGHT YEARS with zero repercussions that should tell you all you need to know. Also saw another employee who'd disappear and take multiple hour long breaks and again as he was a long term employee nothing was ever done.
Pros
management
Cons
union job, bad apples, little room to advance
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are pleased to see that you had a good experience in working with the management team but we do wish that you would have had a more positive experience during you time with us. Please do know that although it may have appeared that these employees had zero repercussions, this was not the case. We have policies and procedures on how to handle different situations. These matters are also confidential, so we are not able to inform other employees of any disciplinary action that may have taken place. I encourage you to report questionable behavior of other employees to your supervisors, managers, or HR department so they are able to resolve issues in a fair and professional way.
Compiled, maintained and regularly updated the record of quantity, type, material and specifications of all products stored in warehouse. Prepared lists of depleted items for replenishing and inspect defected items to establish the cause Resolved discrepancies in the slip inventory, purchased items list and packing quantity records on daily basis Received and issued warehouse and store stock transfers as needed Carried out cycle counts, document control, item scanning and storekeeping tasks
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate you offering more information to perspective candidates by providing information regarding the duties of an Inventory Control Clerk.
8 hour shifts every day learning fork lift operations and order picking and other things management is awesome culture in workplace is fun and enjoyable hardest part of job is keeping up with the company's time standards most enjoyable part is driving the forklift and picking orders
Pros
free barbeques and bonuses
Cons
early shifts
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! We understand that our targets can be difficult to achieve at times. We encourage you to ask for help if you need any advice on how to improve. While we understand early morning shifts are not for everyone, we have early starts do an operational need in order to have our products make ferries or get to northern BC in a timely manner.
It is a great place to work. Management is good and supportive. Safe and healthy work environment. Team members are helpful and always willing to teach. SAFETY IS NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
Pros
Safety is number one with this company Great people and good to their employees, been employed with them for 5 years
Cons
I don't really have any major cons, as they are bringing the company into the future
11 April 2019
Thank you very much for your comment and feedback! Safety is extremely important to us and we strive to provide a workplace where people are supported and able to grow.
Cold Logic is a fair employer. They are very upfront when they hire you about their expectations for productivity and overtime. There is a lot of potential to make money if you work hard! The schedule is set so you get the same days off every week which makes it easy to book appointments and hang out with friends. At busy times in the year, there is a lot of overtime but at slow times, you can volunteer for overtime on your off days. They are really concerned about employee safety and they make sure to properly train you on the equipment before you use it. Most of the employees are really nice and will help you if you ask. Supervisors and managers are approachable too. They have BBQs and cake a lot too!
Pros
BBQs, Cake, Pay, Benefits, Union
Cons
Overtime
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the positive feedback. We are concerned with our employee safety and we try to thoroughly train employees with both knowledge and practical testing prior to their first regular shift. We encourage anyone that has a safety concern to report it to their supervisors or the Health and Safety Coordinator.
Cold Logic expects a high output of work to be done, without giving adequate time to complete your tasks. A fair amount of the supervisors were incompetent, and would not have answers for even the most basic of questions at times, despite being the only form of communication with authority, as a worker. The pay was nice, but for the amount of effort and work you were expected to put in, it didn't feel worth it. There is also mandatory overtime, and throughout the Christmas time for example, 10-12 hour days were the norm, 5 days a week, The people were a pleasure to work with, but overall morale felt rather low based of the work environment. Overall a working but somewhat inept environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Long Hours, Unreasonable expectations, Inept Surpervisors
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We have engineering standards in place that allow an adequate time to complete your tasks. There are baseline expectations for every position in the warehouse. While these may seem difficult to achieve at first, it is something that has to be worked on and perfected over time. This is why we have reduced performance requirements for probationary employees.We are sorry to hear that you had issues with our supervisors. Please know that they go through extensive training and coaching when hired into these roles. Most of our supervisors were promoted from other positions within the warehouse and we promote growth from within. Our management does have an open door policy and you can discuss any issue with them as well.
Great place to work at, fast paced, great co-workers. Good pay for hard work. Independent work environment. Fast paced, get the job done, and go home.
Pros
Co-workers, Management, environment.
Cons
Early Mornings *5:30am
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! This position can be very rewarding for people that enjoy working independently as you are able to focus on your tasks. We are still very much team oriented and our proud of employees welcoming and friendly attitudes.