Cold Logic
Cold Logic Employee Review

Where do I even start

11 July 2019
I walked away from my two years at the company frustrated and broken. After bringing issues to my bosses attention who then cracked down on the supervisors responsible for said issues I was constantly being written up for the smallest things by the disciplined supervisors. As stated in other people's reviews this leads to a loss in income. I tried to bring these issues up with my boss, however he was unwilling to meet with me. Management in general is extremely dismissive of any concern regarding safety or workplace violations you choose to bring to them. Management is also in charge of inputting your production percentages, meaning if you are on a specific supervisors bad side they can cause you to earn less money. If you like a place with a lot of favoritism then this is the place for you. Union benefits are also far below average. No spouse coverage for prescription drugs? That's just petty; and just just one bad agreement . No idea how the company brokered that deal. Overtime is also mandatory. That may seem good to some people, like me, but it quickly becomes tiring when you work 12 hour days 5 days a week. The location I worked at was also extremely unsafe. With the amount of new hires (3-6 a week) coming through pedestrian safety was a gong show. Properly interview your new hires to see if they have the common sense not to blindly walk into roadways, please. I'll close by saying that you should not let this company's quick offer of employment make you excited. You will get a call back within 5 days of applying, and I urge you to continue looking. Best of luck.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
If you work nightshift, none.
Cons
Management, new hires, seniority favoritism, long hours, little pay
Official response from Cold Logic
16 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would like to address a few of the points you brought up for clarification.Management and supervisors are separate entities; therefore, what you earn is reflective of your ability to meet/exceed target expectations and is not changed by the supervisors. Production is monitored through the computer system which is entered by the supervisors and based on your, the employee's, input.Since safety is our number one priority, employees that have unsafe working habits will be disciplined. Disciplines escalate in severity every time you are issued one. Depending on the severity of your incident, this would affect your ability to earn incentive but not your base pay.Our management team is very supportive of our employees and will always make the time to speak with them either in person or over the phone about their concerns. If your direct manager was unavailable for any reason, it is always possible to reach out to HR to address your concerns.Due to the high turnover within the warehousing industry, it can sometimes be difficult to find experienced employees. All of our employees go through our full onboarding process which includes them completing a math test, tour, and interview prior to their date of hire. Once hired, they complete health and safety, HR, and MHE training prior to starting their first shift. We understand that this job may not be the best fit for everyone which is why we have candidates go through this type of onboarding process.It is our policy to address - more...
16 September 2020
Order Selector (Current Employee) - Langley, BC
I am working here from almost a year , I really like the place and the employees are very helpful. All the supervisors are helpful and support everyone.
24 June 2020
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) - Surrey, BC
Expect lots of mandatory OT. The managers/supervisors push people a lot for the sake of performance because that's all they care about. If your hands get cold and can't perform to their standards in the freezer good luck explaining that to them because they just don't care enough to understand. They preach safety, but its really all about performance...that's why someone lost their finger in the freezer.
4 December 2019
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) - Langley, BC
I would recommend this job to anyone it’s a good job as a start to get into the warehouse work field. You can move up to management easily if you put your mind to it and they pay fair.