Cold Logic
Cold Logic Employee Review

Waste of time.

24 June 2020
Expect lots of mandatory OT. The managers/supervisors push people a lot for the sake of performance because that's all they care about. If your hands get cold and can't perform to their standards in the freezer good luck explaining that to them because they just don't care enough to understand. They preach safety, but its really all about performance...that's why someone lost their finger in the freezer.
1.0Job security/advancement
9 May 2017
Same roleSame location
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) - Surrey, BC
I thought it was a pretty good place to work. Had to leave for school but would probably go back. The work can be hard and there is OT pretty often - usually less than an hour though. It's a great place to work if you want to make good money as you can get a lot of OT - they are always looking for people to work extra. The supervisors were pretty cool and I liked the people I worked with. There were BBQs and stuff like that for safety events. The training I got was good. I don't know what people complain about - it wasn't that bad. They treat people pretty good there. They don't fire people at 90 days - benefits are paid by the union, so that's not true. Benefits are good.
Pros
Good people to work with - good pay
Cons
No busses go here - you need a car
Official response from Cold Logic
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves in creating an environment that is friendly and welcoming for our employees. We understand that the position can be hard work with long hours at times. We do try to manage the overtime to create a better work-life balance for our employees. You are correct in that many of our shifts are not transit accessible. We do have a few positions that may work with transit and I encourage anyone who may have this restriction to ask about transit accessible opportunities when they apply.We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.
1 May 2017
Same role
Warehouse (Current Employee) - Langley, BC
Cold Logic is a fair employer. They are very upfront when they hire you about their expectations for productivity and overtime. There is a lot of potential to make money if you work hard! The schedule is set so you get the same days off every week which makes it easy to book appointments and hang out with friends. At busy times in the year, there is a lot of overtime but at slow times, you can volunteer for overtime on your off days. They are really concerned about employee safety and they make sure to properly train you on the equipment before you use it. Most of the employees are really nice and will help you if you ask. Supervisors and managers are approachable too. They have BBQs and cake a lot too!
Pros
BBQs, Cake, Pay, Benefits, Union
Cons
Overtime
Official response from Cold Logic
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the positive feedback. We are concerned with our employee safety and we try to thoroughly train employees with both knowledge and practical testing prior to their first regular shift. We encourage anyone that has a safety concern to report it to their supervisors or the Health and Safety Coordinator.
21 November 2018