Cold Logic
Cold Logic Employee Review

Horrible Work Life Balance

8 August 2017
Working at Cold Logic was not fun. Shifts are from 4 am - 12:30 but there is always mandatory overtime. Also, you have to work weekends so you have no life. You basically work 10 hour days which sucks. Incentives are so difficult to earn. Working weekends makes this job so much more terrible. You basically work 50 hours a week. Do not take this job if you want to have a life with your family and friends especially on the weekend. I rather do security than this horrible job. New people get hired every week and they quit within three days. Even their long term employees are quitting now because they are required to work so much. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. They sometimes bought employees pizza because they knew everyone was so fed up. Also since this is a Union so many deductions take place. My paychecks were always so little for the amount of overtime work I was doing because so much tax and union fees.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Treats once in a while
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime, mandatory working Saturday and Sunday, Waking up at 3 am in order to start work at 4
Official response from Cold Logic
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very upfront with our expectations during the hiring process so that employees are aware of requirements before they accept our offer. We review shift times, working on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as the overtime requirements during both phone and in person interviews. Since we are unionized, we are not able to offer weekends off to any new hire but we do still give employees permanent schedules with two consecutive weekdays off. The union dues are standard and comparable to any other unionized warehouse.
16 September 2020
Same role
Order Selector (Current Employee) - Langley, BC
I am working here from almost a year , I really like the place and the employees are very helpful. All the supervisors are helpful and support everyone.
7 October 2019
Same role
Night Time Selector (Former Employee) - Langley, BC
The pay structure is offered at $17/hr and + up to $7/hr if you can reach the efficiency target rate. Having that said, many employee have said that they don't reach the target, perhaps within the first couple of month you might be able to hit the target of adding $1.5/hr to $2.5/hr but thats it. You are expected to select items on the shelf from bags of salt to bags of flour. I really mean it when I say bags and bags. The company does offer a good training on using the Material Handling Equipements (MHE) but you are expected to stack the pallet,wrap it up, and get the order done asap if you want to earn more. If you are performing less than 100% you might have a chat from the management. Pros: if you can work nights Its not a bad position, but I would suggest it being part time 8:00 PM till 12:00 AM, if you go over night till 4:30 AM it can be a grind. Cons: if you are not physically fit and is working another job in the morning. This is definitely not for you. You will burn out and find yourself exhausted. You MUST have a reliable form of transportation, it can be hard to get here with the bus. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employee, every is chill and good people. The hardest part of the job, is the job it self, lifting heavy items, and stressed trying to build the pallet on an efficient time manner if you are looking for the extra dollar per hour.
Pros
Good Employee
Cons
Night Shift Grind
24 June 2020
Same location
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) - Surrey, BC
Expect lots of mandatory OT. The managers/supervisors push people a lot for the sake of performance because that's all they care about. If your hands get cold and can't perform to their standards in the freezer good luck explaining that to them because they just don't care enough to understand. They preach safety, but its really all about performance...that's why someone lost their finger in the freezer.
  1. Horrible Work Life Balance