Cold Logic
Cold Logic Employee Review

Decent pay, stressful work environment with mandatory overtime

22 January 2017
Cold Logic expects a high output of work to be done, without giving adequate time to complete your tasks. A fair amount of the supervisors were incompetent, and would not have answers for even the most basic of questions at times, despite being the only form of communication with authority, as a worker. The pay was nice, but for the amount of effort and work you were expected to put in, it didn't feel worth it. There is also mandatory overtime, and throughout the Christmas time for example, 10-12 hour days were the norm, 5 days a week, The people were a pleasure to work with, but overall morale felt rather low based of the work environment. Overall a working but somewhat inept environment.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Long Hours, Unreasonable expectations, Inept Surpervisors
Official response from Cold Logic
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We have engineering standards in place that allow an adequate time to complete your tasks. There are baseline expectations for every position in the warehouse. While these may seem difficult to achieve at first, it is something that has to be worked on and perfected over time. This is why we have reduced performance requirements for probationary employees.We are sorry to hear that you had issues with our supervisors. Please know that they go through extensive training and coaching when hired into these roles. Most of our supervisors were promoted from other positions within the warehouse and we promote growth from within. Our management does have an open door policy and you can discuss any issue with them as well.
16 September 2020
Same roleSame location
Order Selector (Current Employee) - Langley, BC
I am working here from almost a year , I really like the place and the employees are very helpful. All the supervisors are helpful and support everyone.
7 October 2019
Same roleSame location
Night Time Selector (Former Employee) - Langley, BC
The pay structure is offered at $17/hr and + up to $7/hr if you can reach the efficiency target rate. Having that said, many employee have said that they don't reach the target, perhaps within the first couple of month you might be able to hit the target of adding $1.5/hr to $2.5/hr but thats it. You are expected to select items on the shelf from bags of salt to bags of flour. I really mean it when I say bags and bags. The company does offer a good training on using the Material Handling Equipements (MHE) but you are expected to stack the pallet,wrap it up, and get the order done asap if you want to earn more. If you are performing less than 100% you might have a chat from the management. Pros: if you can work nights Its not a bad position, but I would suggest it being part time 8:00 PM till 12:00 AM, if you go over night till 4:30 AM it can be a grind. Cons: if you are not physically fit and is working another job in the morning. This is definitely not for you. You will burn out and find yourself exhausted. You MUST have a reliable form of transportation, it can be hard to get here with the bus. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employee, every is chill and good people. The hardest part of the job, is the job it self, lifting heavy items, and stressed trying to build the pallet on an efficient time manner if you are looking for the extra dollar per hour.
Pros
Good Employee
Cons
Night Shift Grind
4 December 2019
Same location
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) - Langley, BC
I would recommend this job to anyone it’s a good job as a start to get into the warehouse work field. You can move up to management easily if you put your mind to it and they pay fair.