Cold Logic
Cold Logic Employee Review

Decent employer. Hard work but rewarding. Career opportunities.

9 May 2017
The work is physically hard but the pay is good and incentive pay is available. A considerable amount of overtime is available and although sometimes required by all as a team, efforts are made to keep it to a minimum. Pay is always paid weekly and on time. This company encourages a high level of safety and proper work practices. BBQ's and pancake breakfasts are rewarded for meeting safety goals as a team. All proper safety gear is supplied by the company including steel toed boots. All necessary training is also provided. As I read other posts of ex employees' bad experience I can honestly say that is not the norm. Attitude is everything. If you dislike hard work and waking up early then warehouse work is not for you. There are plenty of part time min. wage jobs available.
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
BBQ's for safety goals met, Company supplied gear for freezer work, Weekly pay on time and fair, Worker improvement training paid for and encouraged, Opportunity for overtime pay and bonus incentive, Approachable management, High importance placed and enforced on safety and injury prevention, Decent benefits, Promotions available for capable employees who excell at their job.
Cons
A lot of selector turnover.
Official response from Cold Logic
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the positive feedback and explanation for the hard work that goes into the position. We do take pride in creating an inclusive and supportive environment for our employees. Rewarding everyone for good work is also a priority and we hope that everyone appreciates our BBQs and pancake breakfasts!
24 June 2020
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) - Surrey, BC
Expect lots of mandatory OT. The managers/supervisors push people a lot for the sake of performance because that's all they care about. If your hands get cold and can't perform to their standards in the freezer good luck explaining that to them because they just don't care enough to understand. They preach safety, but its really all about performance...that's why someone lost their finger in the freezer.
21 November 2018
Selector (Former Employee) - Surrey, BC
10 March 2018
Operator (Former Employee) - Surrey langley
This companie and management is a total joke.Bonuses is impossible to reach. They drive all the good employees to the ground.ive seen at least 60 people come and go in 6 months Christmas come around get ready to get laid off. The EQR program changes all the time . So pretty much your only gonna get paid hourly and it's not worth it employees are always angry. They wright you up for things that happens 2 months ago so they can take your bonuses away when ever they want.The only good thing about this place was some of the employees besides that probably the worst job I ever had.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Management and pay rate needs to change
Official response from Cold Logic
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We believe that we offer competitive wages and bonuses within the industry and we take steps to ensure that we remain competitive every year. Our performance and EQR incentives are a bonus and not a guaranteed wage. The incentives and bonuses are structured so that an employee must have good safety, accuracy, attendance, and performance in order to achieve them. Many of our employees are eligible for incentive and bonuses every week. If an employee ever feels that they are having difficulty in earning bonuses or incentives, I would encourage them to seek advice on how to improve from their supervisors.