Cold Logic

Cold Logic Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews
The pay structure is offered at $17/hr and + up to $7/hr if you can reach the efficiency target rate.

Having that said, many employee have said that they don't reach the target, perhaps within the first couple of month you might be able to hit the target of adding $1.5/hr to $2.5/hr but thats it.

You are expected to select items on the shelf from bags of salt to bags of flour. I really mean it when I say bags and bags.

The company does offer a good training on using the Material Handling Equipements (MHE) but you are expected to stack the pallet,wrap it up, and get the order done asap if you want to earn more. If you are performing less than 100% you might have a chat from the management.

Pros: if you can work nights Its not a bad position, but I would suggest it being part time 8:00 PM till 12:00 AM, if you go over night till 4:30 AM it can be a grind.

Cons: if you are not physically fit and is working another job in the morning. This is definitely not for you. You will burn out and find yourself exhausted. You MUST have a reliable form of transportation, it can be hard to get here with the bus.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employee, every is chill and good people.

The hardest part of the job, is the job it self, lifting heavy items, and stressed trying to build the pallet on an efficient time manner if you are looking for the extra dollar per hour.
Pros
Good Employee
Cons
Night Shift Grind
I am working here from almost a year , I really like the place and the employees are very helpful. All the supervisors are helpful and support everyone.
Expect lots of mandatory OT. The managers/supervisors push people a lot for the sake of performance because that's all they care about. If your hands get cold and can't perform to their standards in the freezer good luck explaining that to them because they just don't care enough to understand. They preach safety, but its really all about performance...that's why someone lost their finger in the freezer.
I would recommend this job to anyone it’s a good job as a start to get into the warehouse work field. You can move up to management easily if you put your mind to it and they pay fair.
I walked away from my two years at the company frustrated and broken. After bringing issues to my bosses attention who then cracked down on the supervisors responsible for said issues I was constantly being written up for the smallest things by the disciplined supervisors. As stated in other people's reviews this leads to a loss in income. I tried to bring these issues up with my boss, however he was unwilling to meet with me. Management in general is extremely dismissive of any concern regarding safety or workplace violations you choose to bring to them. Management is also in charge of inputting your production percentages, meaning if you are on a specific supervisors bad side they can cause you to earn less money. If you like a place with a lot of favoritism then this is the place for you. Union benefits are also far below average. No spouse coverage for prescription drugs? That's just petty; and just just one bad agreement . No idea how the company brokered that deal. Overtime is also mandatory. That may seem good to some people, like me, but it quickly becomes tiring when you work 12 hour days 5 days a week. The location I worked at was also extremely unsafe. With the amount of new hires (3-6 a week) coming through pedestrian safety was a gong show. Properly interview your new hires to see if they have the common sense not to blindly walk into roadways, please. I'll close by saying that you should not let this company's quick offer of employment make you excited. You will get a call back within 5 days of applying, and I urge you to continue looking. Best of luck.
Pros
If you work nightshift, none.
Cons
Management, new hires, seniority favoritism, long hours, little pay
16 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are sorry to hear about your frustrations. I would like to address a few of the points you brought up for clarification.

Management and supervisors are separate entities; therefore, what you earn is reflective of your ability to meet/exceed target expectations and is not changed by the supervisors. Production is monitored through the computer system which is entered by the supervisors and based on your, the employee's, input.

Since safety is our number one priority, employees that have unsafe working habits will be disciplined. Disciplines escalate in severity every time you are issued one. Depending on the severity of your incident, this would affect your ability to earn incentive but not your base pay.

Our management team is very supportive of our employees and will always make the time to speak with them either in person or over the phone about their concerns. If your direct manager was unavailable for any reason, it is always possible to reach out to HR to address your concerns.

Due to the high turnover within the warehousing industry, it can sometimes be difficult to find experienced employees. All of our employees go through our full onboarding process which includes them completing a math test, tour, and interview prior to their date of hire. Once hired, they complete health and safety, HR, and MHE training prior to starting their first shift. We understand that this job may not be the best fit for everyone which is why we have candidates go through this type of onboarding process.

It is our policy to address
 - more...
Cold Logic a great place to work while being a very productive place.
Never have I seen a warehouse with a "We're Hiring" sign up all year round that should have been my first sign or red flag. Not the company I thought it was honestly.
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to review our company. Unfortunately the warehousing industry is quite high turnover. We use many different mediums to recruit new employees and our signs are one of these ways. We do our best to recruit qualified new employees in a timely manner and we hope that you had a positive experience while working with us.
I have worked at Cold Logic approximately 2 Months and in that time, I have seen compassion for the employee's and true leadership.
I am constantly challenged and encouraged to be my best self and contribute to the team and and workplace. When I have made an error, I was treated with respect, and shown how the error was made and given clear and direct feedback on how to avoid the error in the future

The orientation that I went through on my first day was informative and helpful. I really believe that Cold Logic cares for myself and my co-workers safety and well being. The Safety Training is one of the most extensive I have ever been through and I walked away from it with more knowledge in the one day then I ever had in my last job of 8 years.

The employees are friendly and welcoming and will always great you and help when they can. I have worked for a lot of companies and I honestly feel this company is a place I can see myself working for the next 10-15 years.

I wake up everyday excited to get to work and and work alongside my amazing team.
Pros
Great Leadership, Excellent Employees, Amazing Safety Program
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review and positive feedback! We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to work in a positive environment that fosters growth and teamwork. We want to set people up for success and to learn skills to help them improve professionally.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.
The managers we're great and helpful when they could. However as a union job there's a very bad element regarding some employees who've been there years. When you can have a employee threaten others, throw things, have temper tantrums who has been there EIGHT YEARS with zero repercussions that should tell you all you need to know. Also saw another employee who'd disappear and take multiple hour long breaks and again as he was a long term employee nothing was ever done.
Pros
management
Cons
union job, bad apples, little room to advance
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are pleased to see that you had a good experience in working with the management team but we do wish that you would have had a more positive experience during you time with us. Please do know that although it may have appeared that these employees had zero repercussions, this was not the case. We have policies and procedures on how to handle different situations. These matters are also confidential, so we are not able to inform other employees of any disciplinary action that may have taken place.

I encourage you to report questionable behavior of other employees to your supervisors, managers, or HR department so they are able to resolve issues in a fair and professional way.
This companie and management is a total joke.Bonuses is impossible to reach. They drive all the good employees to the ground.ive seen at least 60 people come and go in 6 months Christmas come around get ready to get laid off. The EQR program changes all the time . So pretty much your only gonna get paid hourly and it's not worth it employees are always angry. They wright you up for things that happens 2 months ago so they can take your bonuses away when ever they want.The only good thing about this place was some of the employees besides that probably the worst job I ever had.
Pros
Employees are nice
Cons
Management and pay rate needs to change
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to review our company. We believe that we offer competitive wages and bonuses within the industry and we take steps to ensure that we remain competitive every year. Our performance and EQR incentives are a bonus and not a guaranteed wage. The incentives and bonuses are structured so that an employee must have good safety, accuracy, attendance, and performance in order to achieve them. Many of our employees are eligible for incentive and bonuses every week. If an employee ever feels that they are having difficulty in earning bonuses or incentives, I would encourage them to seek advice on how to improve from their supervisors.
Compiled, maintained and regularly updated the record of quantity, type, material and specifications of all products stored in warehouse. Prepared lists of depleted items for replenishing and inspect defected items to establish the cause
Resolved discrepancies in the slip inventory, purchased items list and packing quantity records on daily basis

Received and issued warehouse and store stock transfers as needed

Carried out cycle counts, document control, item scanning and storekeeping tasks
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We appreciate you offering more information to perspective candidates by providing information regarding the duties of an Inventory Control Clerk.
I went too work as a picker I worked for 2 monthes as was let go for no reason after the Christmas rush. They trained me and I was under the assumption that this was a full time permit position.
Pros
Cons
Low pay high demand
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We realize that you may have been upset when rating our company. Please know that we do not let employees go without a valid reason. Terminations are taken very seriously and we take pride in coaching our employees to be successful in their positions. We do not do seasonal layoffs.
8 hour shifts every day
learning fork lift operations and order picking and other things

management is awesome

culture in workplace is fun and enjoyable

hardest part of job is keeping up with the company's time standards

most enjoyable part is driving the forklift and picking orders
Pros
free barbeques and bonuses
Cons
early shifts
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! We understand that our targets can be difficult to achieve at times. We encourage you to ask for help if you need any advice on how to improve. While we understand early morning shifts are not for everyone, we have early starts do an operational need in order to have our products make ferries or get to northern BC in a timely manner.
Working at Cold Logic was not fun. Shifts are from 4 am - 12:30 but there is always mandatory overtime. Also, you have to work weekends so you have no life. You basically work 10 hour days which sucks. Incentives are so difficult to earn. Working weekends makes this job so much more terrible. You basically work 50 hours a week. Do not take this job if you want to have a life with your family and friends especially on the weekend. I rather do security than this horrible job. New people get hired every week and they quit within three days. Even their long term employees are quitting now because they are required to work so much. There was nothing enjoyable about this job. They sometimes bought employees pizza because they knew everyone was so fed up. Also since this is a Union so many deductions take place. My paychecks were always so little for the amount of overtime work I was doing because so much tax and union fees.
Pros
Treats once in a while
Cons
Long hours, mandatory overtime, mandatory working Saturday and Sunday, Waking up at 3 am in order to start work at 4
11 April 2019
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very upfront with our expectations during the hiring process so that employees are aware of requirements before they accept our offer. We review shift times, working on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as the overtime requirements during both phone and in person interviews. Since we are unionized, we are not able to offer weekends off to any new hire but we do still give employees permanent schedules with two consecutive weekdays off. The union dues are standard and comparable to any other unionized warehouse.
It is a great place to work. Management is good and supportive. Safe and healthy work environment. Team members are helpful and always willing to teach.

SAFETY IS NUMBER 1 PRIORITY
Pros
Safety is number one with this company Great people and good to their employees, been employed with them for 5 years
Cons
I don't really have any major cons, as they are bringing the company into the future
11 April 2019
Thank you very much for your comment and feedback! Safety is extremely important to us and we strive to provide a workplace where people are supported and able to grow.
I enjoy coming to work each and every day to work with some great and amazing people. While it can be high stress (but what company/job doesn't come with stress), the company recognizes that and puts on events, amazing BBQ's, random popcorn day, healthy snack days, to help alleviate some pressures and increase morale. The management team is strong and very knowledgeable and approachable. They work with you to ensure you are comfortable and are safe above all. The safety awareness and culture at Cold Logic is top notch. One of the cleanest warehouses I have ever seen.
Pros
Management, Safety culture
Cons
Sometimes lack of communication
11 April 2019
Thank you for your positive feedback! If you are having issues with communication, please let HR or your supervisor know your issue in greater detail so we can work towards a positive solution.
I thought it was a pretty good place to work. Had to leave for school but would probably go back.
The work can be hard and there is OT pretty often - usually less than an hour though. It's a great place to work if you want to make good money as you can get a lot of OT - they are always looking for people to work extra.

The supervisors were pretty cool and I liked the people I worked with. There were BBQs and stuff like that for safety events.

The training I got was good.

I don't know what people complain about - it wasn't that bad. They treat people pretty good there.

They don't fire people at 90 days - benefits are paid by the union, so that's not true. Benefits are good.
Pros
Good people to work with - good pay
Cons
No busses go here - you need a car
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review!

We pride ourselves in creating an environment that is friendly and welcoming for our employees. We understand that the position can be hard work with long hours at times. We do try to manage the overtime to create a better work-life balance for our employees. You are correct in that many of our shifts are not transit accessible. We do have a few positions that may work with transit and I encourage anyone who may have this restriction to ask about transit accessible opportunities when they apply.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback.
The work is physically hard but the pay is good and incentive pay is available. A considerable amount of overtime is available and although sometimes required by all as a team, efforts are made to keep it to a minimum. Pay is always paid weekly and on time. This company encourages a high level of safety and proper work practices. BBQ's and pancake breakfasts are rewarded for meeting safety goals as a team. All proper safety gear is supplied by the company including steel toed boots. All necessary training is also provided. As I read other posts of ex employees' bad experience I can honestly say that is not the norm. Attitude is everything. If you dislike hard work and waking up early then warehouse work is not for you. There are plenty of part time min. wage jobs available.
Pros
BBQ's for safety goals met, Company supplied gear for freezer work, Weekly pay on time and fair, Worker improvement training paid for and encouraged, Opportunity for overtime pay and bonus incentive, Approachable management, High importance placed and enforced on safety and injury prevention, Decent benefits, Promotions available for capable employees who excell at their job.
Cons
A lot of selector turnover.
11 April 2019
Thank you for your review! We appreciate the positive feedback and explanation for the hard work that goes into the position. We do take pride in creating an inclusive and supportive environment for our employees. Rewarding everyone for good work is also a priority and we hope that everyone appreciates our BBQs and pancake breakfasts!
Cold Logic is a fair employer. They are very upfront when they hire you about their expectations for productivity and overtime. There is a lot of potential to make money if you work hard!

The schedule is set so you get the same days off every week which makes it easy to book appointments and hang out with friends. At busy times in the year, there is a lot of overtime but at slow times, you can volunteer for overtime on your off days.

They are really concerned about employee safety and they make sure to properly train you on the equipment before you use it. Most of the employees are really nice and will help you if you ask. Supervisors and managers are approachable too.

They have BBQs and cake a lot too!
Pros
BBQs, Cake, Pay, Benefits, Union
Cons
Overtime
11 April 2019
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the positive feedback. We are concerned with our employee safety and we try to thoroughly train employees with both knowledge and practical testing prior to their first regular shift. We encourage anyone that has a safety concern to report it to their supervisors or the Health and Safety Coordinator.
Cold Logic expects a high output of work to be done, without giving adequate time to complete your tasks. A fair amount of the supervisors were incompetent, and would not have answers for even the most basic of questions at times, despite being the only form of communication with authority, as a worker. The pay was nice, but for the amount of effort and work you were expected to put in, it didn't feel worth it. There is also mandatory overtime, and throughout the Christmas time for example, 10-12 hour days were the norm, 5 days a week, The people were a pleasure to work with, but overall morale felt rather low based of the work environment. Overall a working but somewhat inept environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Mandatory Overtime, Long Hours, Unreasonable expectations, Inept Surpervisors
11 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. We have engineering standards in place that allow an adequate time to complete your tasks. There are baseline expectations for every position in the warehouse. While these may seem difficult to achieve at first, it is something that has to be worked on and perfected over time. This is why we have reduced performance requirements for probationary employees.

We are sorry to hear that you had issues with our supervisors. Please know that they go through extensive training and coaching when hired into these roles. Most of our supervisors were promoted from other positions within the warehouse and we promote growth from within. Our management does have an open door policy and you can discuss any issue with them as well.