Cogeco Inc.
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Cogeco Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada202 reviews
I was an agent in the billing department but I've worked in other departments as well, they're happy to help you gain experience within the company and there are contract advancements to help you gain experience.

Unfortunately, the billing department is where they put the rejects, or that's how it feels.

I loved the job, the benefits are great, the people are amazing, bit depending on your direct supervisor, the amount of support you get is variable.
Pros
Benefits, employee appreciation when targets met, employee perks
Cons
Some supervisors don't want to let the good sellers go
Management at Cogeco has always been a revolving door. There was a time when Cogeco was very good but it slowly deteriorated. It was once a community based company and now it's more of a stock pick. Most who work their have just accepted it. If they got let go, it would be devastating for them as they never built any new skills. Some of those that have been let go have had a very hard time finding work. The call centre and field operations are the big hiring areas. The call centre is a gossip infested place. Many have relationships with each other and marriages have been broken. The last time Cogeco was good was around 2015. There was a massive layoff in 2016 which got rid of some great leaders and very good management staff. They were replaced with sub-par individuals and cast off team leads. Engagement was at a very low point and only is good now because they get to work from home.

Logic would have it that they shift everything over to Quebec to reduce costs. They can easily do this and it's dated design to have a call centre and field services is very apparent. Their new forced on employee IPTV is just too late. Furthermore, who orders VOD yet the area is heavily bloated with individuals doing next to nothing. The only thing I liked at Cogeco is no more.
Pros
Has a Cafeteria
Cons
no work life balance
This was the best experience as an intern and I learned a lot. Hockey games are faced paced and exciting and the city hall meetings were informative. They were very patient and understanding if something came up and I wish the Internship didnt end lol! They dont hire people, just allow people to gain experience if they're in college/ university
Cons
Worked in technical support, job wasn't terrible but for the stress it's not worth the pay. Customers are terrible, Cogeco's systems are garbage, run.
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Terrible customers
Thorough enjoyed working with the team. All staff are very friendly and experienced. Also, everyone is willing to teach me new skills. A very good starting point for anyone new to this field who want to gain experiences.
Very poor environment, company is in shambles, no direction and sr management is clueless., company treat employees like garbage, all the good people have left.
I worked with them for almost five years. I was a contractor, got full time, was promoted after a bit and then a couple years later transferred to another city (to my ideal dream job) where the management was back stabbing, cruel, abusive and constantly played mind games. It was the best job of my career but Upper management is so blind to an employee asking for help. I had even won a company award for my work but when it came to a conflict with this new manager was was left on the side
Pros
Good pay, decent coworkers, acceptable benefits, great employee discount
Cons
Terrible management at all levels, backstabbing culture, pay not to scale with cost of living in some areas
domaine intéressant, combinant technique, et marché futur
Great team. Great studio setup. Up to date equipment. Fairly paid.
Jobs are mostly part-time. Great management.

Great ambiance. You have to be able to work under pressure in a stressful environment.
Pros
Programs & Colleagues
Cons
Stress & Unstable
Axé sur le résultat, ne prend pas en considération les besoins profond du client, éventaille de produit et service limité, moyen financié très limité.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cogeco Inc.?
Difficult work at times, yet it can be rewarding. I had a vindictive boss who had it out for me, so he made my life difficult. In the end, their promises fell through about changing my work shift so I didn't have to work week-ends anymore, so I left of my own volition. If you don't cut corners you won't arrive in your time, customers suffer shoddy work sometimes as result. The company encourages such behavior, unfortunately, and if you do a quality job, you will not get help from the dispatchers nor your team for very long and will do much overtime due to inadequate job time allocation. Not a great place to work in the end. Many employees are miserable, in particular their customer service department employees.
Pros
Decent compensation and benefits. Jjob itself was stimulating and ever changing.
Cons
Inadequate time allocation, customers often get sloppy work, management don't deliver on their promises, and the union is useless.
When I left, Cogeco was going through a difficult period of management changes. It is struggling to remain relevant in the marketplace as its margins decline and customers migrate to competitors with more to offer. Despite the manifest urgency to upgrade its offering while cutting costs, Cogeco remains mired in a culture where disenfranchised middle managers prevent things from moving too fast out of fear of failure. I left mostly out of frustration.
The employees of Cogeco Connexion are exploited and forced to follow unfair regulations that indulge in the idea of ‘revenue-in’ and ‘customer retained’ business strategies. Employees are given scripts to follow that ‘optimize revenue’ and are expected to ask household questions to retain every customer possible. Seemingly a fair and crucial job role in a company, Cogeco capitalizes on this role while paying its employees the bare minimum. Cogeco Connexion continues to change bonus and pay structures to increase business revenue while providing a stressful and anxiety-filled work environment for its employees. During my time at Cogeco Connexion, the bonus structure and pay structure has been adjusted 2 times; with new contracts given to existing employees. As an individual with many costs (like any other person), this inconsistency makes day-to-day budgeting difficult and anxiety-filled. Be it any role at Cogeco Connexion, the company is consistent in their hostile work environment with supervisors and upper-management that lack the emotional-management capabilities to run a corporation. Rather than optimizing human capital, Cogeco drives away long-term employees through their policies and capped pay structure. With a mix of bad management, less than mediocre pay, and anxiety filed work environment, Cogeco is the last place anyone should be working. My personal decision to continue working at Cogeco Connexion has affected my mental health inside and outside of work. This is not a job I suggest for anyone other than upper-management (who are the only people benefiting from this - more...
Great place to start, room for advancement, benefits are great, social club is a great bonus, vacation is provided but seniority based so slim pickings.
Great people to work with good benefits...lots of management changes so it can be frustrating for employees there is always someone new learning the job It makes it hard for you to do yours
Despite being in a competitive industry - Cogeco can be a stressful place to be working at (especially with the call volumes) - and the changes the company goes through. However - the key thing in this organization is to have a positive attitude everyday you come in. This company is composed of some great people who really go out of their way ot help you.
I loved working with the staff in storefront. One of my favourite jobs for sure. Pay was great, benefits were fantastic. Sales targets were obtainable and management helped as best they could to ensure you met your targets.
j'aime beaucoup travaillé chez Cogeco Media, belle équipe et belle ambiance de travail.
working at cogeco is not a stressful job, people working with at cogeco are helpful and showed a team work, manager and director are down to earth helpful and understandable.
Pros
working from home when needed, banking overtime, bonus
Cons
on call duties, hard to advance, no training/certifications coverage or sponsor
work experience at cogeco was great. good structure and process was there- having the head office out in mtl was little challenge but we made it through
Even though I resigned due to other factors at my end, I must admit that Cogeco is not just a company but a family environment....I won't say much so just go try and experience it yourself...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cogeco Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.