Cogeco Inc. Employee Reviews

Super Friendly Environment
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 April 2019
I could work from home and as long as I could deliver of what's expected of me, there were no issues. Super friendly team and very supportive too. Some pressure but most IT jobs are a high pressure environment
Pros
Work from home
Was alright to work at, slowly became horrible.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 April 2019
Was a good place to work, but recently turned into a horrible place to work (over past two years). Upper management makes huge mistakes and the pressure to fix those mistakes is put on the backs of their lower level employees.
Friendly co-workers
Liaison between Operations and Vendors (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 April 2019
At this point in time, the prospect of growing and thriving as a professional seems slim. Everyone is stressed and overworked. The only thing to look forward to is the hardworking and friendly coworkers that are trying to make peace with the fact that things are not the same.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Stressful, pressure from above to make things work that are broken.
J'aime le travail d'équipe
Technicien en production Télévision, réalisateur (Former Employee) –  Rimouski, QC2 April 2019
Malgré le fait que j'ai eu à diriger des équipes de production comme réalisateur et que je crois avoir un bon leadership, je n'ai jamais eu de problème à m'intégrer dans n'importe quel poste dans l'équipeé
It's an ok place to work
Agent (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 March 2019
Love my coworkers and my ability to make my schedule around my life instead of the other way around. On the negative side you're definitely treated like a number and not a person who is a valued employee. Cogeco really errs on the side of saving money and isn't interested in satisfying employees. Management is terrible. Just so awful.
The pay is great and the employee discount of service is great. The health benefits are eh, below average compared to other companies I've worked for.
Lack of business focus
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2019
Excellent assets but management turmoil and lack of focus. Constant churn in senior management ranks and not a sales and customer driven culture and business.
Productive and active emplyer
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 February 2019
Management was good and responsive. very good to work and would recommend for student to work as well. Need to respect more new comer and new challenges.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
too much workload
Fast Paced Evolving Company
Senior Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2019
A Company that was constantly evolving from a Carrier only company to a strong Data Centre and Cloud Storage Company. Good interaction between Management and Staff with ample opportunities within the Organization.
Bel environnement de travail
Commis aux achats (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 February 2019
Superbe équipe avec un très bon entraide. Un environnement de travail qui mets immédiatement à l'aise.
Bonne entreprise
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 February 2019
Bonne entreprise, belle ambiance, travail facilee.
Has a lot of potential but need a lot of work
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 January 2019
OK company to work for, but ever since the new biling and cut backs you spend a lot of time doing other things that are not really productive. They think they are a big company but really are small compared to the others.
Pros
Work Life
Cons
Long Hours, No coaching, cut backs
Terrible Place
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 January 2019
Restructure and job loss due to mismanagement from upper executives ! People suffer because of inept upper management. Only advancement is for people who are yes people. Terrible place, run for your life.
Pros
Cons
Awful Management
Productive and fun workplace, gaming in break room allowed
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 January 2019
The people I came across during my time a cogeco were amazing friendly and very knowledgeable and beneficial to my growth in IT support.

One time left a device in the washroom and a co-worker who I did not know returned it safely back to my possession.
Pros
break accordingly
Cons
dont trust people, everyone is either trying to keep their job or move up within the company
Awesome place to work at
Tier 1 Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2019
a good place to learn and grow, the supervisor in the team are experienced and are there to assist us in the time of need. and they are always pushing for the bes
Pros
benefits, work life
Cons
rotational shift
Productive and Fun Place
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brlington, ON17 January 2019
Grate place with good management. Good place to progress in you career. Over all work life balance is great. Overall the staff is very helpful and it is easy to get on-board.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not bad but a tough industry
Sales Excellence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON7 January 2019
Room for advancement, good benefits and wage. Cogeco is going through a large cultural change (2019) within a competitive market which has a shrinking subscriber base.
Family atmosphere with some micromanagement.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 January 2019
Cogeco has many forward-thinking human resource policies but also lags behind in management methodology and corporate culture for a technology company that requires innovation from its people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Micromanagment
Fun Atmosphere
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 December 2018
I enjoyed my time there over the course of two years, the workers were always accommodating to the volunteers and It was a great experience to learn how to operate a camera.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Volunteer
Good work environment
Team Lead - Sales and Retention Specialists (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 December 2018
Offering tailor-made television, internet and telephony services to the new customers in Ontario
Proposing loyalty promotions to the existing customers and resolving customer issues
Productive and fun place to work with.
Network Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2018
I joined the company on 2014 as a System Administrator and got promoted last year and became a Network Specialist. I have learned a lot more about Juniper devices as most of the devices we use in this company is Juniper. All the team members/colleagues are very helpful and supportive.