Coffee Lodge Employee Reviews

They barley even trained me before "letting me go "
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 November 2018
I worked there at the finch location for only four three hour shifts before they "let me go" because I was a little too "slow". They barely taught me anything and I can say I'm better off with that job. The workers however were very gentle and kind when it came time to tell me that I wasn't the right fit. If you can work quite fast and if you have a good memory then this job is for you. If not, don't try. They'll get your hopes up and then dash them. I was barely shown how to do anything and any questions I had were received with frustration and anger towards my lack of knowledge (which was of little because it was my very first job). I will not be going back any time soon.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
The staff has no patience for lack of understanding and the management is flaky
The owner is the worst human who does not care about his employees.
Barista and Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 September 2017
The owner of this chain is in the store everyday, being a general nuisance. He has a film degree. He doesn't know how to do the job he's yelling at you about. If you can put up with that it is money until you can find something better.
Pros
Free brew coffee.
Cons
Long hours, no useful benefits, uncreative marketing.
great team
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON23 August 2017
busy mornings and lunch's and easy evenings, loved my boss, loved the team, good customers, hardest part was working alone, management was OK, flexible with schedules
Amazing people
Coffee Barista (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 January 2017
Working in a fast pace environment is always fun when you have employees that love to communicate, I loved working here because my employer was really supportive in everything I was doing in my everyday life among just being one of her greatest employees
Good Starting Job, Fun Staff
Server/Opener (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 September 2016
Always had a nice group of coworkers and managers. There was room to take on more tasks and grow if you showed initiative. Can be relied upon too much without compensation.
Pros
Free coffee while you work
Cons
Only small rewards - raises too small
Great work environment with free coffee
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 November 2014
Coffee Lodge is a good work environment with great staff but no benifits
Pros
free coffee, 15% off food items
Cons
less then outstanding hours
Unproductive, frustrating environment with preferential treatment for some.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sarnia ON18 September 2013
Lack of hours given to those willing to work, but if you are a favourite then they will bend over backwards for you. Owner does not understand what is going on during a daily basis but finds time to meddle and consistently put down his staff anyways. If you are a male, expect to have a rather limited role as they are "not capable" of certain parts of the job according to management. If you disagree with management you are punished by receiving a ridiculously low number of hours for the next week or two. Unsafe jobs is usually asked of you, such as the fact that there are NO SMOKE ALARMS in the building or using unsafe and unstable ladders. Co-workers typically were great but management is unbearable. The hardest part of the job if you can get past management and ownership is consistent rude customers but that's in any service place. The most enjoyable part would be the co-workers and decent hours (6 AM open, 9 PM close). Typical day involved cleaning the store, baking muffins, banana bread, etc., preparing food and drinks, stocking items such as cups, napkins, etc., operating cash register and having customer service skills.
Pros
co-workers, business hours, staff discount
Cons
management/owner, unsafe work requested frequently
A fun and relaxed environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON26 February 2013
- serving customers
- preparing food and beverages from store menu
- cleaning tables
- cleaning and closing store
- counting cash at the end of the day
learned :
menu, selling techniques, up-selling skills, coffee tips
Flexible hours and opportunity for working in various locations and events
Co-Workers: young, we all worked as a team
this job was a very high energy, flexible and enjoyable job where I got to meet many people and learn many skills that I find still help me even out of the job.
Pros
40% discount
Fast paced work within a calm environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Petrolia, ON30 April 2012
Loved this job but was laid off due to slow business after christmas
Pros
food and coffee is great