Coffee Culture Café & Eatery Employee Reviews

good
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 February 2019
Friendly environment at working place, good opportunity to learn new things like dealing with customer with good behave, good management and all work here with due care.
Pretty good
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2018
I had a lot of friends working with me while I was here so it was always a fun and easy-going environment. Owners are nice and very approachable, while always remaining professional
Do not work for location in Smith Falls
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON5 July 2018
I was NEVER pay on time . You will Never get full time hours .
I had to email corporate over unpay hours/missing, not getting stat pay . And the district manager belittled me by saying why go after them for $1,000 . and it took them months to submit ROEs for me and another girl taking MAT leave .

Save yourself the stress and work somewhere else.
Productive and fun environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Chatham20 June 2018
When working at Coffee Culture I met a lot of good working co-workers that worked very hard just like me. There were many things I learned from working there such as different blends of coffee to meeting new names. Everyday was something new to look forward to.
Good
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON14 April 2018
Productive work environment. Friendly and approachable co-workers. Gained a lot of customer experience. Along with how to prepare food and handle cash.
Comfortable spot for coffee and meetings
Customer service expert (Current Employee) –  Smiths Falls, ON19 March 2018
teamwork was the best part of the job. Met amazing people.
The job itself was not difficult if willing to learn from others.

The busy times were very busy. Multi tasking is a must.
Pros
discount food and drinks
Cons
small business low hours
Good place to start and get experience from.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2018
This place is good to be working at when you are just starting and trying to get your experience, but do not expect more than what you are getting such as benefits and advancements, because they do not give benefits and increases.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
No full time shifts and benefits
Great job
Barista (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON30 July 2017
The job was really good, a lot of different skills are applicable here, such as making drinks, sandwich prep, baking, and taking out the garbage. The staff are also very friendly and great to work with and it's almost like a family.
relaxed workplace but fast paced environment friendly staff
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 June 2017
friendly staff, great place to work especially for students. its a more relaxed workplace than some other student jobs but it can sometimes be a very fast paced environment to work in. Management is very good.
Fun
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 May 2017
Fun staff, great atmosphere that brings awesome customers. Great coffee. good selection of sweets. Perfect place for Lunch, catching up with friends or date nights
Pros
free wifi
Cons
not enough seating
Best Job Yet!
Baker (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON25 January 2017
This job was so fun, the people I worked with were phenomenal and I looked forward to going into work because I knew it'd be a good day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the regulars that came in, it felt like a home. Management was extremely flexible and understanding of every situation that popped up. I loved working here.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Shut down :(
Night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON18 January 2017
This place was a very good place to work, I enjoyed the customers and the people I worked for. Very close with the people I worked with, and gave me the tools I needed for jobs I had after this location. I would go back to this location
Pros
Team environment
Amazing place to work
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 April 2016
As an owner/operator I had to made all critical and non critical decisions, place and receive product orders, hire and train staff. Process payroll, remitances, team building, sales reviews. I learnt what exceptional customer service really is, and what drives the business. The staff were really amazing, very co-operative who went the extra mile for the business as well as the customers. I think as an owner working 7 days a week was the hardest part of the job. I beleive its hard to choose just one part of the job that was enjoyable, because I truly enjoyed the whole experience. But most of all it was the customers and the staff. I love people and interacting with them.
Pros
all pros
Cons
Fun and Enjoyable place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON19 April 2016
A typical day at work would consist of serving breakfasts, lunches, and dinners to customers as well as making them coffees.

I learned that the way you treat customers is likely how they will treat you so treat others how you would like to be treated!

Management broke down and is now under new management

My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of this job, I loved going into work and spending time with them.

The hardest part of the job was making sure that every task you did was at your best ability, even if you were running around doing numerous things.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
management
Wonderful Company;not so much the workplace
Barista/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2016
I absolutely loved working at Coffee Culture! It was enjoyable to come into work and bake all the goodies, and make sure the store looked just perfect for the day! One of my most favourite things though was getting to know the customers; memorizing their orders; and just being the best barista/server I could be.

It was very difficult though with the people I worked with! I constantly was fighting for hours when I was told I was getting full time placement, and then when I had a problem with it, the owner did nothing to help my situation and flat out ignored me any time I had a problem. Overall the staff was very high school like in the fact they cliqued off and made some of us feel not so great about ourselves at work.

Head office was always super awesome, and I loved that they were actually involved with the store and making it better!
Pros
exciting
Cons
unfair hours
Horrible
barista (Former Employee) –  Cambridge20 September 2015
this is the worst place I think I've ever worked, the management are horrible and they look down on their workers.
Staff is great other then management. 0/10
Pros
nice environment
Cons
horrible management
It was an excellent workplace, in theory.
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON27 June 2015
The job was fun and very engaging, the staff was very friendly and organized. I wish I could say the same about the owners of the franchise (at that time), but it was the dissonance in this chain of command that lead to the break up of the staff. It is very worth it in terms of learning new culinary skills.
Pros
Many appealing barista skills
Cons
Long hours, relations with Management.
Thier management are all just money hungry animals who dont give a rats feces about thier franchisees
OWNER (Former Employee) –  GRIMSBY17 April 2015
THEY SUCK! First things first they need to take out the not even close to a kindergartner knowledgeable Management staff who appear to be bringing the culture for the restaurant up, but in reality all they have done is sell their franchise to new to the country eager to jump into business entrepreneurs who are blinded into buying this life sucking so called operation of a franchise. GROW UP!
Pros
None what so ever
Cons
Great area to work in, great getting to meet and becoming close with the customers
Key owner (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS6 April 2015
Opening the store, come in at 4:30 am and begin baking for the day. Serve customers, prepare and deliver food and beverages to customers.
Closing the store, serve customers
prepare and deliver food and beverages to customers
clean the whole store and prepare food prep for the next day
Productive, fast pace, enjoyable workplace.
Barista, Cashier, Food Preparation (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS27 April 2014
Fun and enjoying workplace filled with great people and good management. Hands on and well trained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coffee Culture Café & Eatery. Our community is ready to answer.