Cochrane Toyota Employee Reviews

Bullying Management
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB8 April 2019
At first seemed like a great place to learn the car industry but the Management was very old school, bullying and not training staff properly then throwing staff under the boss for not reaching goals. If you are in the old gang club you will be fine, they look out for each other. If you are not watch out. They will bully you out the door. For a small town dealership that should care about their reputation on how they treat their staff it is surprising how wlling they are to treat staff like dirt. They constantly watch you on cameras so don’t slip up.. You can stay late 90%of the time but if you are 1 minute late one day look out. Be prepared for many late shift hours of work for the non core workers with no thanks, No family life balance allowed. It’s all about making money. Management will throw staff under the bus to deflect blame. It is a fear culture, unless you are in the core group. If you want a team environment don’t apply here. It’s every man for himself and watch your back. It’s a terrible place to work . Long hours for little pay and very clicky. Most people realize the Management and pay is better at most fast food restaurants . Safe yourself a big headache and don’t apply to work here.
Pros
Local no commute
Cons
Too many to list
Great People and Great Culture
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB3 April 2019
This is a great place to work. Everyone has a true vision here to "Make Things Better", it is a clear message that comes from the top down. I would recommend this dealer to anyone looking to join the Auto Industry.
Pros
Culture, Small town feel, People
I enjoyed it.
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB22 November 2018
I still would’ve worked there but I moved back to bc. The management is a lot better than other dealerships I’ve worked in. The hours were pretty standard.
Great place to work! Community and people focused.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB16 July 2018
I find the management team here to be great; they hire a diverse mix of people from all kinds of backgrounds and all over the world. I'm lucky to say that I genuinely like coming to work. It's nice to go to work knowing you'll be working with very friendly and talented people.

Working with the Toyota brand in a smaller town has also been a pleasure as it seems that there is more focus on being part of a community, which means more focus on people and less on selling or "hitting quotas." The commute to and from work is also relatively quick and low key. I would recommend working here as an alternative to the cutthroat and pressured version of a dealership in the city.
Pros
Lots of Social Club Events, Community Focused, Great Atmosphere
Technicians beware!!!
Service (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, AB4 July 2018
Like the title says, you are over worked especially in The service department. They have an evening shift that they will tell you that you don't have to work but then as soon as you start it then becomes mandatory. In the winter you work 6 full days a week every second week with no time off in lieu. The service manager doesn't know the first thing about working on a vehicle so there are tons of overbooked days that you are expected to stay for 10 plus hours 6 days a week (while the service manager shows up at 930-10 and leaves at 4). Sometimes you don't get of until 12 am during the night shift and then the next day you are expected to be there bright and early running on almost no sleep. You are expendable at Cochrane Toyota and you are treated as such. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy due to the complete lack of management and organization. If you want to spend 99 percent of your time working and no time at home or with friends this is the job for you. I worked at a very very cheap independent shop and even the equipment there was better, Cochrane Toyota has some very very run down equipment. They don't seem to spend any money to improve the technicians work experience.
Pros
Newish dealership
Cons
Over worked, horrible equipment, pressured into working late A LOT, random night shifts you are not informed about during the interview.
Stong community oriented company wth a good culture
Product Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2016
Different from most dealerships.
Open, honest with strong leadership.
Some top notch sale people who are very generous with their time and knowledge.
Pros
Leadership, culture, training
Cons
None if you are accustomed to commission sales
A Good Workplace with a Great Team
Parts Shipper & Receiver (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, AB19 January 2015
My typical day is going through freight which is the part of the job I like to do because I feel like I'm good at it. I'm a bit on the weak side so all the heavy lifting that I have to do almost every day gets me pretty exhausted so I'd say that's the hardest part of the job. I learned how to input and receive parts into a computer system and how to let customers and our service team know parts have arrived. All my co-workers have been nice and friendly which is always a great thing in any workplace.
Pros
Working at my own pace with freight, just sitting down and working at it
Cons
Heavy lifting