Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Review

View all Coca-Cola Refreshments reviews

Service to the client
CSR (Former Employee) –  Brampton9 June 2013
I was not comfortable spending all of my work hours apolagizing for late deliveries or constant customer complaints, not happy with the way coca cola handles it's clients.

Other Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews

Enthusiastic Worker No Longer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2018
It was a wonderful experince when I first started working. I had a hard-nosed trainer who expected a lot from me on the first day of training but I pushed through. I worked myself to the point where I was getting huge back strains and leg strains from the large work load on a daily basis. I had an awful schedule of 4 on 1 off,1 on 1 off with no room to make it balanced or offer consecutive days off. I went to great lengths to push for more sale space on the floor for most accounts in the hopes of getting some form of acknowledgement. But it didn't matter to Coke as it is still and will always be a clubhouse style of advancement. If you play golf, talk the talk, make informative posts with business jargon, then you've got it made. Let me explain a bit. We'd get appreciation but as a blanket statement during peak times of the year. No different than a platonic greeting you'd express to your neighbors on a regular basis. I have worked at a gas station and felt more appreciated there then I have felt here for this company. Your schedule will flip at the drop of a hat often overnight or 30 minutes before you are about to head out the door. Your breaks are driving in terrible traffic as merchandisers can't risk being late to an account because the order has arrived and is expected to go out immediately. Cuttin corners is frowned upon but ultimately is necessary in order to complete your day on time. Customers would complain that flavours would spontaneously not be in an account anymore and there would be no messages of any kind until you personally asked the sales rep. Speaking of  more... which, Coke has no problems with keeping sales reps that will use questionable tactics to motivate the merchandisers but they'll drop a less than mediocre merchandiser in a second. It can be very frustrating when the reps pump their numbers to hit a goal for each account, and then you as the merchandiser have to take the brunt of the account's frustration as you are the face of Coke in their store at the moment. Seeing the other Full-Time workers leave one by one demoralized me to the point where I started to become depressed. I plodded along before I left as there was no point in pushing myself anymore. There's been a lot of turnover since May 2017 and I no longer feel like it matters that I'm heading out the door.  less
Pros
Physically stimulating, Above minimum wage (just barely), Free uniform, Work phone, Decent orientation for new merchandisers, Making business connections with store managers.
Cons
Poor management, Bad schedules, Terrible communication, No incentives for increasing sales space, No breaks or lunches allowed for merchandisers, Being pestered by sales reps.
Great organization, great management!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2018
Working for this company is really nice. The management is really caring and organized. You meet new people everyday while working at stores and you build relationships with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K