Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Would not return
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 August 2018
Work environment is pretty toxic. Saw lots of unprovoked confrontations and personally faced one for some reason unknown to me.

Unionized employees will use their seniority to be rude, do whatever they want to do. Left after a while, not going to return.
Pros
Good pay, free machine pop
Cons
employees treat you bad
amazing job
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 January 2018
Best job i have had yet, they sell drinks for discount to their employees but not all product. The hours are consistent and the management is very cooperative
productive but penny pinching corporation
Order builder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 December 2016
Work was guaranteed for high-performance workers. temporary employees work full-time hours but don't receive benefits until promotion based on a seniority system. Equipment desperately needed upgrades. Safety standards were poorly enforced. Quantity over quality policies. Voice pick system was so terrible it could easily lead to mental health issues. Too much back lifting necessary. Only enjoyable part of the job was the overtime cap at 11 hours a day but guaranteed 8hrs.
Pros
free fountain soft drinks
Cons
voice pick system
Not worth the headache
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2016
Awful place to work. Management is a joke and has ridiculous expectations, you're driven into the ground day in and out with little rest or time to recover, your hours are immediately cut if you start slowing down due to injuries accumulated from the work.

It's a terrible work environment and not worth it whatsoever. Stay away.
Pros
Free pop at lunch
Cons
Poor management, random hour cuts, no communication
Great place to work.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 June 2016
Met a lot of great people while working here, but management could use a little more structure. Not much room to move up in position.
Pros
Met a lot of great people
Cons
Job safety was limited
Not a wonderful experience
Picker (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 March 2016
No training or help with job expectations. Did not find this a nice place to work. No feedback from supervisors. Fellow workers not friendly or willing to help either.
a very good place to work
ORDER PICKER/ FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2016
start picking i have learn a lot the management was very good co were very easy to work with picking for four hr straight and only having 1 break per day picking hard and trying to be one of the top pickers
Pros
free pop and lunches
Cons
being on call
good job
Order builder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2015
working here was great everyone was friendly and helpful. Learnt a lot working here learning both ways to order pick great place to work
A great company to learn with, but many problems.
Order builder/ labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 February 2015
The warehouse was rarely clean, dust and mold would contaminate the products. People would work while sick with the flue or other illnesses and they wouldn't take the necessary precautions to prevent the illness from spreading. Individuals were forced to work over the standard 5 days a week. Supervisors would harass and distract workers. There was little to no communication between management and staff. Progressing with this company was nearly impossible.
Great atomospher
Order Builder (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 September 2014
great people, good pay, full benefits and close to public transportation.
Flat, no fizzle
Temporary Order Picker (Former Employee) –  2750 Boul. L'Assomption, Montreal, QC24 July 2013
I interviewed twice with this company in the space of one year - once for a production position in Richmond, BC, and another (for which I was hired) as a seasonal order picker at the distribution center in Montreal, QC. The hiring was done via a phone interview with the head office in Toronto, ON, and an in-person meeting with one of the warehouse supervisors. I had done the same process for the job in Richmond, only without being retained. What stood out at that particular engagement was the way the hiring manager referred to his habit of "booting out" temporary workers that, for one reason or another, didn't meet his requirements (namely obtaining a "boiler ticket" - the reason for which was never clearly elaborated upon); and that they met with many candidates for my positions, and so I shouldn't get my hopes up. He also made me wait for 20 minutes past the appointment time in the lobby. Generally very unprofessional and corporate in diction/demeanor.

Basically, there's no realistic way to be hired permanently by this company if you're taken on as a temp (or seasonal) worker. I inquired and was told the waiting list for a permanent position goes back to 2006. Apparently it now takes one of the "old-timers" (read: guys who've been driving forklifts for 37+ years because they're not competent to do anything else) retiring before a position's available. At that point, it's given for night shift (the one no one generally wants), then evening, then day (both of the latter having their own respective waiting lists).

I found the two on-duty supervisors aloof and disinterested
  more... in warehouse operations other than to chide the material handlers for not moving fast enough. The order pickers themselves were given to slacking off and smoking cigarettes behind the pallet racks, and constantly complained of what they were being asked to do. I also found the jokes between the supervisors and workers (usually directed one-way with sarcastic overtones regarding performance) to be entirely inappropriate for such a large company. The sanitary conditions of the lunch room and toilets was also wholly sub-par.

Suffice it to say that my training (which took place during the day) lasted a few days, after which I notified the supervisors that I was leaving. It's worth mentioning that temporary workers are paid half of what the permanent workers make (therefore not a lot) and that you'll get put on night shift (occasionally evening rotations) if you choose to stay. They also informed me that the bulk of the work would be during the summer, after which the work would essentially dry up for us and only long-term temporary & permanent workers would be able to make 40 hours a week.

PS. For all the references to the benefits of having a limitless supply of soda in the cafeteria, I found the Coke flat and the other beverages less-than-flavorful compared to what's sold in stores.
Pros
honesty: They tell you that your hours get cut off in the fall
Cons
Well, everything.