Coca-Cola Refreshments Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Found 34 reviews matching the search See all 7,507 reviews
physically demanding
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Meadow Lake, SK18 July 2018
not a bad job its physically demanding, work late hours if you have a full time job already. the pay is all right not top dollar but its okay. some weeks you could work 10 hours the next you work 20 hours.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
physically demanding
Productive and own pace working
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2018
I really like working as a Merchandiser for Coca-Cola because I work alone at my own pace and do what needs to be done. This job has a lot of trust given my management because there is no personnel watching over.
Pros
Own pace
Cons
Heavy job
Hard Work, long days
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 May 2018
The job is very physical, but it makes up for with good pay and mileage. Dont expect to have plans from 7-6 during the day because the loads and orders can get there at 7 am or 4 pm,
Pros
flexible
Cons
Hard work
Enthusiastic Worker No Longer
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 April 2018
It was a wonderful experince when I first started working. I had a hard-nosed trainer who expected a lot from me on the first day of training but I pushed through. I worked myself to the point where I was getting huge back strains and leg strains from the large work load on a daily basis. I had an awful schedule of 4 on 1 off,1 on 1 off with no room to make it balanced or offer consecutive days off. I went to great lengths to push for more sale space on the floor for most accounts in the hopes of getting some form of acknowledgement. But it didn't matter to Coke as it is still and will always be a clubhouse style of advancement. If you play golf, talk the talk, make informative posts with business jargon, then you've got it made. Let me explain a bit. We'd get appreciation but as a blanket statement during peak times of the year. No different than a platonic greeting you'd express to your neighbors on a regular basis. I have worked at a gas station and felt more appreciated there then I have felt here for this company. Your schedule will flip at the drop of a hat often overnight or 30 minutes before you are about to head out the door. Your breaks are driving in terrible traffic as merchandisers can't risk being late to an account because the order has arrived and is expected to go out immediately. Cuttin corners is frowned upon but ultimately is necessary in order to complete your day on time. Customers would complain that flavours would spontaneously not be in an account anymore and there would be no messages of any kind until you personally asked the sales rep. Speaking of  more... which, Coke has no problems with keeping sales reps that will use questionable tactics to motivate the merchandisers but they'll drop a less than mediocre merchandiser in a second. It can be very frustrating when the reps pump their numbers to hit a goal for each account, and then you as the merchandiser have to take the brunt of the account's frustration as you are the face of Coke in their store at the moment. Seeing the other Full-Time workers leave one by one demoralized me to the point where I started to become depressed. I plodded along before I left as there was no point in pushing myself anymore. There's been a lot of turnover since May 2017 and I no longer feel like it matters that I'm heading out the door.  less
Pros
Physically stimulating, Above minimum wage (just barely), Free uniform, Work phone, Decent orientation for new merchandisers, Making business connections with store managers.
Cons
Poor management, Bad schedules, Terrible communication, No incentives for increasing sales space, No breaks or lunches allowed for merchandisers, Being pestered by sales reps.
Great organization, great management!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2018
Working for this company is really nice. The management is really caring and organized. You meet new people everyday while working at stores and you build relationships with them.
Pretty good so far
Part time Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hamilton20 February 2018
I was hired on the last day of August and am still there today. I am living with my parents so I had a little extra pressure on me to keep this job.
I go around to a bunch of stores and set up their products so its on the shelf and on the displays.
I have been with Coke for exactly 5 months tomorrow (Feb. 21) and have been given one raise, which came way ahead of my first salary review, which was supposed to be in March.
The money is quite good and the driving reimbursement is also the best I have seen.
I work by myself 95% of the time, its both good and bad. I knew right away that I want to sty with Coke, but definitely not as a merchandiser, at least not in a PT role.
There can be an awful lot of traveling involved with this work, that may work for some people, I like it as it helps to build your hour total.
Some stores have a lot for you to do, other stores you can be finished in less than half an hour.
I would like to post updates of this job every so often as things change. This is one of the most unusual jobs I have ever had. You have an opportunity to make a lot of money in less time than people at other jobs do.
Pros
Money is good
Cons
Some store managers are mean/rude
Improvements opportunities are not being taken seriously
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 February 2018
There was practically no chance for advancement except if you were a woman, at least 90% of office staff was female, while all the Merchandising was done by men. Management was not very eager in improving working environment. Empty promises for promotions were a general practice to try to keep employees a little longer on the hook.
good paying job with great benefits
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2017
I enjoyed working for this company as it requires attention to detail as well as time management on a daily basis. Being a merchandiser also kept me physically fit.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long work weeks
good
Merchandising Planning Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 October 2017
The company is a great place to work very friendly and welcoming and open environment.The company is also very innovative and forward thinking........
Sales
Sales/Merchandise (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2017
Good company , overall for university Grads , then move on to other using your experience here . Current Sales Team Managers
not as strong as previous years sales with Area Sales Manager
Very tiring work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 June 2017
The only thing i would say that i don't agree with in the job is how easy the sales associates get off. Unfortunately the merchandisers are the one doing the heavy lifting and hard work while the sales reap most of the benefits such as bonuses etc. Other than that the management has been very well and easy to work with.
Pros
Independent work, Good pay.
Cons
Hard work, some long days, can be very tiring.
merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS9 May 2017
standard day consists of driving from store to store to ensure all stock is on shelves, displays are built and back stock is condensed. no guaranteed hours and not highly compensated. ensure you lift with your legs and not with your back..
great work place experience.
Temporary Transport Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 May 2017
some easy days some hard days, all days you get through. for the most part was a very pleasurable job experience. great colleagues , friendly management team.
Pros
work independently
Cons
heavy lifting
Independent but very disorganized
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 January 2017
The work was physical and you got paid for drive time, but communication with the manager was difficult at best. There were many times where I found myself waiting for an answer and not receiving one. Also found receiving if I was working or not an hour before my shift was obnoxious. Work and pay was good, management was not.
Pros
Paid for drive time
Cons
Communication
A job that has stress around every corner
Overnight Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 November 2016
This job seemed okay at first but over time it changed drastically. I was given training for 3 days in my first week but then the whole week after they never scheduled me at all and when I asked why I wasn't I never got a response until 3 days later & didn't work for a whole week. After a whole week of not working I was trained for 2 more days and expected to work in stores overnight by myself which I felt was really rushed. The job its self can be tiring, if your lucky there will only be one or two skids of product to place but usually there is about 6 or 7 loads to do per store ( you get about 3 or 4 stores a night ) and after awhile this can be tiring when working by yourself, I suggest stretching before and after if your going to do this job and to get alot of sleep and eat well before your shift cause work starts at about 11 pm - 1am and can go all the way to 11am the next day, depending on your load but most shifts are 9 hours so to anyone that isn't used to working overnights I highly suggest you prepare your body for this. Your going to random stores within the GTA so sometimes at certain stores the pump trucks aren't working well and there can be delays in when the trucks deliver coca cola product which can delay when you finish.

Management is horrible with communication and they often will only email you back when they need to get information through, it seems as if they dont care about your problems. Many times they have scheduled me on my days off that I requested I have off when I first started and when I would finally get a response back I would get responses
  more... such as " Were short this week and it will change next week" or " sorry, would you still be able to work?"

This job is a minimum of 24 hours weekly but sometimes there are weeks where no hours are given at all, sometimes 2 weeks straight so if your looking for a steady job with good income I would be cautious of working here.
Pros
They pay 50 cents per km you drive
Cons
longs hard hours, heavy lifting, working by your self
Great Job Work/Life Balance
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2016
Very flexible hours, more interaction with management would be effective. Spend a lot of time alone lifting and moving boxes. Don't really get to know your co workers.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
strenuous work
productive fun workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 September 2016
great place to work, great team atmosphere. typical day involved travelling to and from stores insuring customer satisfaction with product, displaying product to meet company standards and ensuring stores satisfaction with Coca-Cola's products.
Terrible management, high stress, high workload.
Coca Cola Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 August 2016
Worked here over the last year, the workload my supervisors put on me was brutal. They expect far too much from one person. Awful company to work for.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Heavy workload, Bad management, High stress, High turnover
Productive and fun workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON21 August 2016
The most enjoyable part is the freedom you get while working. Management is great and vey understanding when it come to different things. Atypical day at work is very physical.
Productive and fun work place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 April 2016
Although I work as a merchandiser and complete the daily task of replenishing beverages, what I love most is interacting with customers and fellow co-workers. I love working with people and helping others. Customer service has been my favourite part of work throughout a number of my previous jobs and as long as I am able to interact and communicate with others, I am happy.
Pros
Working with others, great hours, an amazing management team
Cons
NONE. Honestly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Coca-Cola Refreshments. Our community is ready to answer.

52.9K